Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2008, 16:41   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
No, they are 6"x9" and don't fit into default (door) locations of most of the cars. You need to place them on rear parcel tray. If you don't have a parcel tray, then you need to buy one of MDF, which will be available off the shelf at most of the leading installers/shops.

That's what I pointed out in my reply. I know they are same in dia. Here, you are not going for a bigger dia driver, but a a driver of same size but with a higher quality/series. If you can afford Power series, go for them. Go for the best SQ comps you can afford in your total budget.
I get you now,thanks a lot redfire.
But am not very interested in fitting a MDF board at the rear,you can read it all in the 'ICE for Estilo' thread.I really appreciate your last line though.
Old 18th July 2008, 17:50   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Quite silly of me not to have realised.

For the same price you can get P6560C which is a 6.5" component. Adha inch zyada milega, free mein, lol.
Didnt quite get you Sam.The P660 is also 6.5",isnt it? To adha inch kahan se aya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
No the power series are not SPL. They are SQL.

The 1004 is a good amplifier and a worthy successor of the 75.4. No it will not kill the 607C if the gain is right and the LPF is used.
If I use the 1004 without setting the current gain and LPF ,is there a chance of permanently damaging the 607C speakers? Another thing is with Power series speakers, what would be the gain setting and LPF/HPF ?

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 18th July 2008 at 17:55.
Old 18th July 2008, 18:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
What is the approx cost of GTO 1004 with b&w?
It would be Rs 14,990/- with B & W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I know im comparing the Illusions to only JBLs
Which series from Illusions are you comparing mate with the JBLs?

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 18th July 2008 at 18:02.
Old 18th July 2008, 19:13   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I am presently using the JBL GTO 606Ce components and happened to hear the Illusion component speakers last evening and they are way better than the JBLs.
There could other factors like different HU / AMP used, proper damping / wiring done for illusion's set up. Shouldn't all other factors should be (almost) equal while comparing speakers alone?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks