Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 23:25   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
I do not understand subs - but - to my limited exposure 2 of the 3 subs talked about are very very different - in concept - design - sound - application & installation & not to forget 'price' !!!!

I have never seen the 'Bull' products - so I will not comment on the sub;

However, the other 2 - Illusion & JBL are so - so different. I would not be in a position to site a single common thing between them.
I am sure the 'guru's will find things in common' between the 2 products.

My point being - why audition a 'scorpio' & a 'skoda' if one wants to buy a car. Except for 4 wheels - there would not be much that is common between them - ah yes - the fuel [i.e. if we are to look at the "Laura"] !!!

i agree with Bhagwan ji...i mean i have to since he's Bhagwan ji, but jokes apart. I personally feel each sub/speaker or for that matter any audio component has its own characteristic sound and tonality which usually doesnt match with any other brand's products. I have MTX front compos and iam quite satisfied with the performance(after having auditioned Blaupunkt, Kicker, JBL, bull and few more...with price range 4.5-6.5K) but later i auditioned Illusion,which suit better to my taste. The day i find that my MTX are not sounding good to my ear drums i'll go and buy illusion. But then this doesnt mean that all the former stated brands are sub standard or produce music that is not pleasing to ones ears!!! IMO..the best buy would be something that the person buying likes and will keep it till it wears out (my philosophy). I auditioned few subs too before getting one...and found bull to suit my budget and if you have a strict budget you need to compromise on your whims and wishes!!
But overall bull is VFM package and ported bull sub is loud as well as punchy.

Disclaimer:These views are solely mine. I am no audiophile but like music and i don't go by the reviews rather believe my ears !!
Old 27th August 2008, 23:55   #32
BHPian

Quote:
I'm quite surprised that you didn't label BULL as some other cheap chinese brand and that you understand that everyone has a different taste.

I'm happy with the sound and so are the people who have auditioned the setup. I think its time you stop BULL bashing or it will get you by the horns ( no offense ).
Sir,
Most Car Audio gear is made in China / Korea.
The punch line being 'most'

I have never heard Bull Audio - so why would I 'bash' a product I have not heard ?
I have nothing to do with the commercial side of the Car Audio Industry.
If I listen to a product & I like it, I say it is good and I buy it;
If I do not like it - I say it is not down my alley !
Simple.
There is no need to label any product..
At least that is my humble opinion.

Quote:

I was amazed to see the setup you have in your little i10.
Yes, I like that too;

It is a car that my wife drives & she listens to FM on that; Strange...
I really like the sound in that car. The Battery is 'below par' yet - it plays well.

That I-10 has got something going for it - front component + sub woofer. Simple - Clean - Effective !!

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th August 2008 at 17:38.
Old 28th August 2008, 00:20   #33
BANNED

Congratulations!
Another Bhpian happy with his ICEing.
This is exactly how it should be. One should read thru the forum, take notes, go to different shops, audition and enquire about the products, buy what he likes the best, install it by a good installer, listen to it and write a good review here!

Naman, many more miles of good lucks with happy ICEing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
I have never heard Bull Audio - so why would I 'bash' a product I have not heard ?
You've got it wrong Ji.
That was meant for somebody else it seems.
Old 28th August 2008, 08:47   #34
BANNED

I am hearing a lot about BUll these days, must be an interesting alternative. Is it available in Bangy?
Old 28th August 2008, 10:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman View Post
I'm quite surprised that you didn't label BULL as some other cheap chinese brand
I've done that already in review thread when it started and I stick to my words. I didnt like it and whatever I felt about it, I posted. Simple. Please be sure that I'm not against ANY brand.

@bhagwan: I wasn't talking about subs in particular, rather just wanted to know what models from Illusion / JBL did my friend listen to before buying "bull".
Old 28th August 2008, 11:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Nawwww! It is the truth.

The Getz is built way better and needs much less damping. A Swift-owner will need to shell out a tidy sum to get the Swift damped up to the normal standards of the Getz. Even then rattles will keep surfacing. My installer shook his head in despair when I told him I was buying a Swift.
you are quite correct!!
Old 28th August 2008, 13:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

@ 'B" ji: arre yaar, this discussion is for a newbie who simply auditioned a couple of set-ups including JBL, illusion or bull. not meant for professionals like you. :-)
Old 28th August 2008, 13:25   #38
BHPian

not about professionals !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
@ 'B" ji: arre yaar, this discussion is for a newbie who simply auditioned a couple of set-ups including JBL, illusion or bull. not meant for professionals like you. :-)
Sirji,

It is not about professionals;

If you wanted to go and buy a car - you would look into options @ same price points & in the same segment.

Gets / Swift
City / Verna
Laura / Jetta
C class / 3 series / A 4
etc. etc.

One cannot compare such different products - I am not so sure if they fall into the same category. Actually if Illusion made an Electra Sub then maybe it could be compared with a JBL sub. This statement could be struck down::

Old 28th August 2008, 13:33   #39
Senior - BHPian

Actually any car audio system which is wired properly with keeping the details/connections and tunning is done by expertise-hand,it will sound good,no matter what drivers you use,the person who tunes the system knows about the limit of the drivers installed in ones car.

Here its tunned by our ICE guru "Gunman paaji",so obviously its going to sound rocking Congrats on getting the new ICE Naman,hope your enjoying to the fullest and suerly its a VFM.At the end of the day we have one happy customer who's enjoying his music to the fullest.

Ramie
Old 28th August 2008, 13:37   #40
BANNED

In the world of ICE, I don't think the logic of SUVs and cars apply as a good comparison.
For a normal person who is out in the market to buy a Sub with a budget of 10k, all he has to do is listen to some good subs in that range and choose what he likes. Or he can rely on others' words.
Now, there could be a highend version from a company and another one may have only an entry level in that budget. So, for a technically informed person, this may all be very much different and all but for a novice/starter, it's all how it sounds and if he likes it or not.
Old 28th August 2008, 13:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
In the world of ICE, I don't think the logic of SUVs and cars apply as a good comparison.
For a normal person who is out in the market to buy a Sub with a budget of 10k, all he has to do is listen to some good subs in that range and choose what he likes. Or he can rely on others' words.
Now, there could be a highend version from a company and another one may have only an entry level in that budget. So, for a technically informed person, this may all be very much different and all but for a novice/starter, it's all how it sounds and if he likes it or not.
Very well said. The novice/starter majorly depends on the experts advice.

And now it is the experts who has to guide the Newbie to get the right stuff. And this Forum is doing a very great job in doing it.

Cheers to GTO and the Support Team.
Old 28th August 2008, 17:27   #42
BANNED

Another thread nearing to get locked.

I don't understand why we need to have a fight which turns into a personal mood after some good/happy install.

My suggestion is that we have a separate section (called technical stuff or so) to discuss matters technically and not in each and every good install thread. Especially when the install is finished and done.
Old 28th August 2008, 17:34   #43
Senior - BHPian

Note From Mod: Alright Guys lets just stick to the Install related discussion.

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th August 2008 at 20:27.
Old 29th August 2008, 11:50   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Phew! Guns & Trouble.

Indeed a hijacked thread

Naman, need a short review on the sub please!
Hmm... Didn't check it yesterday. Seriously hijacked....

Anyways, regarding the Sub. I like it pretty much. It kicky and punchy and also can go to decently loud levels ( by standard listening levels ). Yaar its really difficult to write about the sound. Its best you hear it out.

Today evening is good for me. Gimme a call if you wanna meet today.

Naman
Old 29th August 2008, 12:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

Any chances you coming to Driven today evening?? Would like to hear your setup!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks