Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 11:58   #1
BHPian

Getz Crdi VFM ICE : Beast meets the BULL

Hey Guys,

So its been over a month and 4K+ on the odo. It was time to get ICE for my beast. I had been searching for the perfect system in my budget for the last 3 weeks. Finally after lots of discussion and auditioning I've completed the deed last week.

BACKDROP : I always followed the Audio threads on TBHP and was always fascinated by the enthusiasm of people here to get the best music system for their machines. However, my biggest crunches was the budget. I was already broke after getting myself a Getz Crdi and my budget was max Rs 30 K.

With that in mind, I had already thought about going just for the HU + compos + sub + amp setup and leave the rear speakers. Initially the breakup for the budget was

HU : 7 K ( Some grey HU like the pio 5050 )
Components : 6-7 K
Amp : 4 channel ( 7-8 K )
Sub : 5 K
Enclosure + wiring + install : 4 K

AUDITION:
I didn't like the 5050 at all for its not so good feel factor and blue display which was not to my taste. In my audition I listened to JBL and Illusion. IMO, they were quite bright for my taste.

It was then, that I came across BULL. I listened them on a Kenwood 8401 amp. Trust me friends, they are the best VFM (laid back) brand available in the current scheme of things. Also, 8401 is the most VFM amp currently available. The price of the compos, sub and amp enabled me to go for a relatively higher HU and damping as well.

MY SETUP:
S
o, finally installed the following,

HU : Kenwood 6539. Its amazing in SQ (compared to pioneers), build quality and display.
Amplifier : Kenwood 8401
Front Components : BULL 6.5"
Subwoofer : BULL 12" in BULL ported enclosure. This enclosure is a must because it sounded much better than the custom made sealed/ported box. Initially I wanted a small sealed box or a SWWS but the sound quality of the above made me decide otherwise.
Wiring : Install Bay
Damping : (Front doors and little in the boot) Don't remember the brand

Total cost : Rs 32 K

OUTCOME:
Man, I'm on cloud number nine. The setup is sounding amazing. The sub blends so well with the music. Although, its ported but its so accurate. The vocals are deep and the tweeters sound crystal clear.

ACKNOWLEDGMENT:
The system was tuned by our very own Gunbir paaji. Seriously, this guy just flicks a couple of knobs here and there and what you get is a world of difference in the sound.

Installation was done at Driven, East of Kailash. They did a wonderfully neat installation and paid attention to the minutest of details. Mr. Rana gave the best deals and their installer, Pramod did an amazing job. No installation charges as well.

Following are the pics after installation. Didn't take any during the installation.

Tweeter installation
Getz Crdi VFM ICE : Beast meets the BULL-dsc00132.jpg

BULL sub and enclosure
Getz Crdi VFM ICE : Beast meets the BULL-dsc00138.jpg

HU display in the day
Getz Crdi VFM ICE : Beast meets the BULL-dsc00131.jpg

And in the night, I really love the ambiance created in the car. Enjoy
Getz Crdi VFM ICE : Beast meets the BULL-dsc04163.jpg
Getz Crdi VFM ICE : Beast meets the BULL-dsc04166.jpg

Naman
Old 26th August 2008, 12:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!

The tweeter installation and the sub looks good.
It is definitely value for money considering the total amount.
Old 26th August 2008, 12:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Naman! I'm sure the setup sounds great! Other than the nice equipment you've got there, the Getz is a great car to ICE.

@patiencewins, the VFM is what struck me first too. All that stuff (even damping & install) for 32K!
Old 26th August 2008, 12:34   #4
BHPian

Having a heard a same set up in another car i was astounded by the SQ and that it can be acheived in the 30K bracket. For people on a budget this would be the way to go .
Old 26th August 2008, 12:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

Its a nice setup. Fantastic SQ. Naman, U have made things easy for me.
Old 26th August 2008, 13:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

@Gunbir : How do you rate this kenwood player compared to the pio 5050 / 6050. How does the sound differ ?
Old 26th August 2008, 13:41   #7
BHPian

Congrats Naman!

That sub looks beautiful. So, no rear fill for the time being? I'm sure a few listening sessions with Gunbir and JB will make you a 'convert' too..

So what kind of music do you listen? do give a detailed review of the compos and the rest of the equipment after a few days/weeks/months too.
Old 26th August 2008, 14:04   #8
BHPian

Enjoy the music!
Congrats!
Old 26th August 2008, 14:12   #9
BHPian

Hey naman, congrats.

If I am not mistaken, we had auditioned your Getz audio this saturday, remember two guys who had come in the evening, and the same setup was replicated on my friends Santro next day.

I also had the honour of getting a taste of the Bull magic and it was indeed awesome, very professional job and also met the legendary Gunbir siir.

Very good job and mindblowing setup.
Old 26th August 2008, 14:55   #10
BHPian

Thanks for such a nice response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Its a nice setup. Fantastic SQ. Naman, U have made things easy for me.
Glad I could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Congrats, Naman! I'm sure the setup sounds great! Other than the nice equipment you've got there, the Getz is a great car to ICE.
Yup, that's true. Luckily have a Getz, which is a great car for ICE. Heard the same setup in a swift and there was a definite difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
So, no rear fill for the time being? I'm sure a few listening sessions with Gunbir and JB will make you a 'convert' too..

So what kind of music do you listen? do give a detailed review of the compos and the rest of the equipment after a few days/weeks/months too.
I'm already a convert. I've just taken a small step in the world of ICE. There is long marathon to run

Definitely not ypK/ypJ. The mp3 was without tag.

I've a varied taste governed by the mood I'm in. I listen to good hindi numbers, slow english romantics, soft rock ( bryan adams, etc) rock (metallica, SOAD, Papa Roach, Iron Maiden, Stratovarius, etc), rap ( Black eyed peas, eminem, 50 cents ) and a bit of pop as well.

The 1 thing i miss is the memory for user EQ settings. There is only 1 setting. And hence have to change it according to music everytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Hey naman, congrats. If I am not mistaken, we had auditioned your Getz audio this saturday, remember two guys who had come in the evening,
Very good job and mindblowing setup.
Hmm, I remember. Indeed its a great setup. Enjoy the music.

Naman

Last edited by naman : 26th August 2008 at 15:03.
Old 26th August 2008, 16:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman View Post
Yup, that's true. Luckily have a Getz, which is a great car for ICE. Heard the same setup in a swift and there was a definite difference
Now Hydra isn't gonna appreciate that.
Old 26th August 2008, 16:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Now Hydra isn't gonna appreciate that.
Nawwww! It is the truth.

The Getz is built way better and needs much less damping. A Swift-owner will need to shell out a tidy sum to get the Swift damped up to the normal standards of the Getz. Even then rattles will keep surfacing. My installer shook his head in despair when I told him I was buying a Swift.
Old 26th August 2008, 16:33   #13
BHPian

Congrats naman,Your car had the best sounding bull audio setup. You can surly thank your car for that.,Hope you are happy with the setup

What all did you audition? before buying bull?

p.s:Thanks for the test drive

Last edited by noidaboy : 26th August 2008 at 16:36.
Old 26th August 2008, 17:44   #14
BHPian

nice setup ! the colors are going well with the dashboard light
Old 26th August 2008, 18:46   #15

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Hey naman,congrats on the music install,and yup the kenwood 6539 is very good hu.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks