Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2008, 22:04   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post

EDIT: now the cables he gave you could be fakes i one of the same, they are the cheapest available from monster if original or they are truely fakes.
and the actual cost of those cables in the grey is 250-300bucks, so you did get looted out. just to confirm that you should have checked out the fake JBL cables he stocks!!!!!!!!(if i am correct the monster cable you have has a remote wire between the two terminals)
Yash, I don't think they are fakes, they are of course the cheapest onces which are available from Monster, as I have verified and I could see the Digimax Import Label. That is from the Junior range of Interconnects. You can see them at this place:

Monster Cable® Monster Standard® Interlink® Junior Basic Interconnect

And the one I am talking about is the speaker cables from the Amp to speakers. I have included a picture of the cables. That is from the Custom Install range of products. They are also from the cheapest range of the speaker wires from Monster.

Digimax India Inc. - Monster Cables Products
Attached Thumbnails
Another Swift JBLfied-img_0441.jpg  

Last edited by vrrraju : 2nd September 2008 at 22:09.
Old 2nd September 2008, 22:38   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Decent config and install,bro. Congratulations. Just can't believe its run upto 83k.

When I checked out this amp, I found the remote bass knob in the amp box.
Check with JBL India before asking the seller for the bass remote.
The price front I think it crossed the limit, I am not a good bargainer :-)

Yes, I think you are right, when this amp was launched at that time, they used to give it as complement. Later this discontinued. So it is additional accessories which would cost around 1.5K ( not sure of the price). Just waiting for the SAM's reply
Old 3rd September 2008, 02:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

it was he rcas i was talking about all the while i dint know you got the monster speaker wires too, the rcas in the linky still looks different take a keen look at the interconnects, well if they are original i am happy for you and me as i have a pair too, if not i am not mad any more anyway.

i guess its okay then, but still after all the pathetic experiences from sprocket i am totally done for good, you can ask furioussphinx(sagar), maverick236(ravi) the have their set of bad experiences too. hence all the rage!!!

its like at least we know at minister road, what they are capable of and when you step up and talk to them about your own ice knowledge they step do and tell you what best they can do its this way with most of them, i agree there are this kind of shops there too, but with the wierdo at sprocket its totally different story, he always speaks like he cant hold his PEE!!! boasts like he is doing you an awesome favor like giving away a liter of water for free in the lost deserts and does day light robbery and never cares for his customers or employees, i think this is well proved all his good staff said ADIOS to him and walked out, PERIOD.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
he cheated me.... I should have taken your advice not to go to him but kya kare....Hamid jaise installers nahin melte. He charged me 4000 bucks for 8 sq.ft of damping mat. I left it and didn't argu with him as at last he didn't charge me anything for the monster speaker cables (2 X 20 ft ) rolls. A compromise though.

i some how missed to answer this part, dude dint i give the info of another awesome installer from the city, the guy at reliance and all? okay any way its all done now lets just forget it and be merry.

Last edited by rider60 : 3rd September 2008 at 02:54.
Old 3rd September 2008, 11:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
i some how missed to answer this part, dude dint i give the info of another awesome installer from the city, the guy at reliance and all? okay any way its all done now lets just forget it and be merry.
I think you told me about Shariff who was previously with Sprocket, but the to update you is, Hamid is still with Sprocket, he has taken the responsibility at Reliance Digital too as Shariff who was with Reliance after leaving Sprocket is moved out from RD. Now Hamid takes care of both Sprocket and Reliance. If you are talking of some other installer, then please let me know.

Since I would like to change the RCA's to more respectable such as sommer cables with Neutrik connectors. Anyhow I tried to mail to Digimax to get those XLN series cables, but I haven't received any reply from them. Hope we have some dealer in this forum who can help us. The RCA's which I have purchased costed me around 1100 bucks each.

I have put the set backs I received from sprocket behind me and now onwards I will also support you guys not to recommend that guy anymore. Please let me know some good installer, as I need to install some spoiler and if possible K&N filter for my swift.
Old 4th November 2008, 21:15   #20
BHPian

where does the woofer cone of 608c be placed ? a picture or atleast an illustration would be fine!
Old 5th November 2008, 08:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
where does the woofer cone of 608c be placed ? a picture or atleast an illustration would be fine!
Hi Arien,

The woofer cone is situated in stock location along with the help MDF ring. It is placed inside the door panel. I think the attached image will explain you how.
Attached Thumbnails
Another Swift JBLfied-smalldscn0235.jpg  

Old 5th November 2008, 16:20   #22
BHPian

just a doubt,but doesn't the woofer cone of the 607c be fixed on the door panel outside? so how come the woofer cone of 608 goes in??
is it that there is a design and functionality difference between both the woofers of the 2 models that they should be placed in different locations for better sounding??
Old 5th November 2008, 17:47   #23
BHPian

ariend,
Frankly I didnt get your question. What do you mean by 'outside' and 'inside'? Also what do you mean by 'the woofer cone of 608 goes in??' ?

607 or 608 woofers are fixed on outside the doorpanel metal. Usually an MDF ring is fixed on the outside of door panel and the woofer is fixed on that ring.
Old 6th November 2008, 00:07   #24
BHPian

Quote:
just a doubt,but doesn't the woofer cone of the 607c be fixed on the door panel outside? so how come the woofer cone of 608 goes in??
is it that there is a design and functionality difference between both the woofers of the 2 models that they should be placed in different locations for better sounding??

both 607 and 608 sereis woofer cones have to placed inside the door panel
(i think what you are refering to is a recent pic of the 608 series JBL woofer in this forum attatched in such a way so that you can see the original grill)
however this method is used only when the stock location cannot accomodate a 6 inch driver and it involves cutting of the fibre glass door panel

however in the case of a swift the doors easily accomodate a 6 inch woofer inside the FG door panel, no need for cutting shutting.
All installers are well versed with a swift. let them do what they do
Old 6th November 2008, 11:45   #25
BHPian

Sorry if my post made any confusion. Magma cleared it well. The woofers are fixed on outside the door metal and the Plastic door panel is put over this which covers the woofers. You cannot see the woofers from outside once the plastic/fg panel is fixed.
Old 6th November 2008, 12:08   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
I came across this thread....whenever SAM sees some JBLfied car, he gets emotional.
lol

I only just saw this sentence. Hahaha. That is funny, but come on, not entirely true.
Old 6th November 2008, 12:10   #27
BHPian

Sorry to hijack this thread. The only intention is to get the attention of some hyderabad folks. Anyways, I need some inputs/help in regards to exchange of my HU. I currently own a Sony MEX-R1 (Single Din DVD) HU which is 3 years old. I am planning to buy a double din DVD HU provided I am able to sell/exchange my Sony HU off. Can anyone please suggest a place where I can exchange my HU for a reasonable price. I am interested in JVC AVX 800 (preferrably) or 814. Does anyone know the current grey market prices for those?.

Thank you for your help.
Old 7th November 2008, 15:22   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread. The only intention is to get the attention of some hyderabad folks. Anyways, I need some inputs/help in regards to exchange of my HU. I currently own a Sony MEX-R1 (Single Din DVD) HU which is 3 years old. I am planning to buy a double din DVD HU provided I am able to sell/exchange my Sony HU off. Can anyone please suggest a place where I can exchange my HU for a reasonable price. I am interested in JVC AVX 800 (preferrably) or 814. Does anyone know the current grey market prices for those?.

Thank you for your help.
This isn't the thread to do that uh.. drvh.

You can try to sell your HU on the TBHP marketplace.
Old 7th November 2008, 16:42   #29
BHPian

well let me make myself clear,if im not wrong there are 3 components in a components speaker system like 608c.i would like to see where each of the 3 components gets fixed,thats all!!
and im really sorry for confusing you guys!!
Old 7th November 2008, 17:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well let me make myself clear,if im not wrong there are 3 components in a components speaker system like 608c.i would like to see where each of the 3 components gets fixed,thats all!!
and im really sorry for confusing you guys!!
608C is a two-way component system.
You get a tweeter and a woofer. The crossover is just to split the frequencies between the both.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks