Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2009, 09:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Don't mind but that is some weird design for enclosure, What when the car hit a pot hole is the enclosure tied of something like that it doesn't move.

@akshay More about getz hu install
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...tall-help.html
Old 23rd May 2009, 17:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
As mentioned in this thread earler,why is it incorrect to install HU from the front of center console?

i swapped 3 HU's in last few months and all of them were mounted from the front,due to which there was no need to open the central console
It is incorrect in the sense that the HU doesnt sit 'flush'. It juts out and is prone to theft. Try the install once by removing the center console and see the link posted by Gunbir/KK below as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Don't mind but that is some weird design for enclosure, What when the car hit a pot hole is the enclosure tied of something like that it doesn't move.

@akshay More about getz hu install
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...tall-help.html
Yes KK, it surely is a weird design. Because it belongs to a certain unique type of individual
It is just for testing purpose. I plan to secure it in the boot using either heavy duty velcro or L shaped metal clamp. At the moment, I have made it 'lie down' for the exact same reason you mentioned - the enclosure is not stable enough.
Old 26th May 2009, 19:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

It looks nice but how does it sound? ( Compared to the original Enclosure)
Old 5th June 2009, 21:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

Nishant.
I saw in the classifieds that the Blau is sold.
What's next?
Old 9th June 2009, 15:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
It looks nice but how does it sound? ( Compared to the original Enclosure)
I found it sounding better (maybe just slightly) than the previous enclosure. It may also be due to the fact that I changed the polarity of the sub to reverse and hence it blends well with the front sound stage.

In any case, I shall be going in for a newer enclosure soon. The 'normal' shaped ones. It has been lying ready with the installer since quite some time but I did not get the time to pick it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Nishant.
I saw in the classifieds that the Blau is sold.
What's next?
Nothing I marked it sold as I changed my mind. Not selling it anymore. Reality dawned upon me that I am quite happy with the way my setup is sounding right now. Any minor upgrade cannot/will not make it sound very different.

So the next upgrade would probably be something drastically different. But then, it will happen in a new car, which is not coming anytime soon.
Old 9th June 2009, 16:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

@ nishanth .. Except for my Sony head

All head were installed without opening the dash , i donno how my installer did it but it is perfect doesn't hangout at all
Old 14th June 2009, 23:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

Upgrade!

As many of you know, I upgraded my HU to Clarion some weeks back. But I never got around to post pics of the same. +during my laziness, Razor and Invinsible had already posted the pics so I didnt bother.

Now today, I got my sub enclosure changed to a smaller (~1 cuft), cuter (!) and 'easily movable' box.

So thought of updating my thread with pics of the same, as well as some quick pics of the Clarion.

The sub is now mounted 'normally' and sounds very sweet. I have kept the polarity as 'Reverse' as I find it sounding tighter and a wee bit better in that phase.

Instead of a Neutrik SpeakOn connector, this box features a clip-on type of connector. The size and shape of the box is appropriate, since I can make it aligned to the side of the boot (the rear seats can be pushed forward in three steps) to create that additional space needed for long distance trips/airport pickups.

Post this upgrade, I am really enjoying my ICE very much. To the extent that I can say the forbidden words "No more upgrades planned for the future".
Attached Thumbnails
My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-001.jpg  

My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-002.jpg  

My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-003.jpg  

My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-006.jpg  

My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-007.jpg  

My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-008.jpg  

My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-009.jpg  

My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-010.jpg  

My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-042.jpg  

My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-044.jpg  

My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-046.jpg  

My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-048.jpg  

My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-049.jpg  

My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-050.jpg  

My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-051.jpg  

My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-052.jpg  

My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-053.jpg  

My Getz ICE'd!-nish-pics-054.jpg  

Old 15th June 2009, 00:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Great detailed pics Nishant. The box looks great. Good Finish.
Why din't you get the wedge shaped box? As I suppose it would have helped a wee bit in diverting those standing waves inside the box. Nevertheless as long as your enjoying it doesn't matter. I am sure it would be sounding little bit tighter too ?

Last edited by Invinsible : 15th June 2009 at 00:44.
Old 15th June 2009, 00:53   #39
Senior - BHPian

Also like to add not sure if you have noticed it, but the out ring surronding or the face plate or whatever it's called is put in a incorrect angle. The bottom right corner has to go to top right corner. The cut or shape given on it will basically aid in better access of the release button (you can see that in the pic on the box) Not that it makes a difference.

Last edited by Invinsible : 15th June 2009 at 00:57.
Old 15th June 2009, 08:29   #40
BHPian

Nice detailed pics there Nishant, the dual tone enclosure for the Sub looks great!!!
Old 15th June 2009, 09:39   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Great detailed pics Nishant. The box looks great. Good Finish.
Why din't you get the wedge shaped box? As I suppose it would have helped a wee bit in diverting those standing waves inside the box. Nevertheless as long as your enjoying it doesn't matter. I am sure it would be sounding little bit tighter too ?
I went with whatever Boom had made for me. Didn't know the intricacies about a wedge shaped box. And since I cannot really distinguish to that level of detail, I guess to me, this box also seems near perfect!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Also like to add not sure if you have noticed it, but the out ring surronding or the face plate or whatever it's called is put in a incorrect angle. The bottom right corner has to go to top right corner. The cut or shape given on it will basically aid in better access of the release button (you can see that in the pic on the box) Not that it makes a difference.
Thanks Abhishek for pointing that out. I surely have missed the alignment. Will correct it today.

OT - Your HU is installed or not?
Old 15th June 2009, 10:22   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I went with whatever Boom had made for me. Didn't know the intricacies about a wedge shaped box. And since I cannot really distinguish to that level of detail, I guess to me, this box also seems near perfect!

Thanks Abhishek for pointing that out. I surely have missed the alignment. Will correct it today.

OT - Your HU is installed or not?
You are right Sir, as long as you enjoying the sub it doesn't matter.
Well there are many more things coming up, so waiting for the complete line up, then would get all those things installed together.
By the way I finally found out some weeks back that there is a dash kit for fabia available for 8K here, but getting the samething for 1K.
Old 15th June 2009, 11:43   #43
Senior - BHPian

congrats nishant.. thats some cool stuff! enjoy.
Old 15th June 2009, 14:40   #44
BHPian

Was at Boom yesterday to finalise my audio setup, met Nishant with his steed & also auditioned his setup.

The illusions with the GZ sounds brilliant, almost like a non intrusive clear bass signal that supports the powerful comps.

Great setup dude. Congrats once again.

Cheers
Old 15th June 2009, 15:55   #45
Senior - BHPian

HU & Sub look great. Congrats!
I like the grey/black dual tone colour of the sub box.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks