Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:34   #1
BHPian

NHC Music system- Hyderabad

Location :Hyderabad - I think this matters cause not all brands are available here

Budget : 35K
  1. Sub - 12" Sealed Please, i like the bass tight.(Sub will be changed into a FG enclosure once im in DIY mode, I was about 2 days back but getting restless now and want the system badly)
  2. Amp - As good as the given budget can permit.Only for Front+Sub . Not loking for 2 amps.I would prefer a control knob for bass if thats possible in a good amp. Else im not compromising the amp quality for this feature.This is only to aid direct control instead of the buttons and lists on HU.
  3. Rear Speakers :Already have Infinity Reference 9623i 6x9's .This was an impluse purchase when i saw the price of them during my travels. Bought it in guwahati for Rs5,000. I know they real cause got them checked at Audio Arch , Hyderabad(JBL Store).So these cover the rear although maybe they wont be fulfilling its potential
  4. Front components - No clue whatsoever.NHC door panels have no gaps or flat surfaces for installing tweeters at the top(i might be wrong since ive not done any installs). The installs ive seen on this site have them near the footwells (nhc ones). Im not too keen on the tweeters stuck on dashboard kinda setup.Any suggestions or ideas in this regard would help.
  5. Head Unit + Damping+ Wiring = thats the rest of the budget
Ive got a Pio3050 atm , I kinda like the lows i get on this even with the stock speakers!. However , this is going into the Indica Taxi in Arunachal along with the OEM's i pull out. The taxi driver has been loyal, pleasant and fun to have in all my travels. I think he deserves a music system as a gift.

Installer:
Avinash(Mobike008) has highly recommended Hamid from Sprocket. I have read reviews of his work online and defo seem like all customers are satisfied.I think i'll take Avinash's advice and stick to Hamid. However..... Sprocket as a retailer is very low in ratings by anyone and everyone.Doesnt look like customer service is their strength and I'd hate to give someone like this business.. Any recommendations or comments in this regard would help.

Likes and Dislikes : I'm looking for a setup that fills up the car at low volumes.Vocals are a priority . If i feel a song lacks the "disco " feel . I'll just crank it up at those times.

Note :You have the whole 35k for giving suggestions on the setup.The 5k spent on rears aint part of it.

Thanks and look forward to T-BHp ICEing my Car :-)

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 3rd October 2008 at 14:44.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:26   #2
BHPian

Errm , was just doing some calculations myself with some choices .Head unit does not count in the budget!!!.

Sub : JBL CS1205 - Rs 3,990.00
Enclosure : Im guessing around 1,500
Rear : 9623i -already have them
Front - Still not decided.
Amp - JBL 1004 - dont know the actual prce but reviews online point at 12,000.Other suggestions within budget are welcome if my choice aint good.
Wiring: Leave this to be suggested by gurus.

35K Budget is for AMP+ SUB + ENCLOSURE + FRONT SPK + WIRING + DAMPING.

I'll retain the HU for now as its got 2 preouts to serve my purpose anyways.This upgrade can happen next if SQ difference can be proven after auditioning.
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:33   #3
BHPian

Just a bit more of my own research, sure aint here for all the work to be done by T-bhp.

For the front compos:

JBL GTO508C -55W rms handling
Infinity 5020CS - This has 75W Rms and i suppose this is the least if im going for a 100W RMS amp like 1004.
JBL P560C - Im guessing(without any audiophile knowledge) Power series and the Infinity Reference are actually the same and is purely a marketing ploy?Their design descriptions and power handlings have a lot of resemblance.
Blaupunkt Vc132 -handling is 80wRMS.

1. Now which one of these would feel like they are filling up the cabin at low volumes.I dunno which term applies to this "bright","laid back","clarity","open" and the rest thats often used.
  2. What are the MRP prices (B/W).
  3. All are 5 1/4" speakers. Can i upgrade to 6" without compromising on loosing the OEM grill at the front? the tweeters i suppose will be flush mounted anyways and cant "stealth" them in a NHC.
  4. Are my choices wrong for the GTO1004 amp ? rated at 100W rms.
Old 3rd October 2008, 20:36   #4
BHPian

Sub :JBL CS1205 - Rs 4000
Enclosure :1,500
Rear :Infinity Ref 9623i -already have them
Front :JBL P6560, around 9,000(guessing)
Amp :JBL GTO 1004 around 12,000 i guess
Wiring: :4,500 - brands i dont know ,depends on whats available in hyd.
Damping :4000 (5sqft each door + 10sq ft for boot at 150/sqft)

Total till now : 35,000 + 1k installation charges if not thrown in free.

I'm hoping the choices are good and the damping+wiring will not come to
Rs 8500.

How would people rate the Blaupunkt GT mk2 over the JBL 1004 ? Should i include this as a choice or does the above sound good as an investment.?

Hope the gurus and Sam can pass judgment on this complete JBL Group setup and recommend where I'm loosing out on a whole.
Old 3rd October 2008, 20:57   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Baap re,

THis guy is asking all the questions and then asking more questions and then more answers and then what not.
Slow down baba, breathe!

Quote:
Sub - 12" Sealed Please
Would you like fries with that?

Quote:
Rear Speakers :Already have Infinity Reference 9623i 6x9's
Nice.

Quote:
Note :You have the whole 35k for giving suggestions on the setup.
And your time starts NOW!

Quote:
Sub : JBL CS1205 - Rs 3,990.00
Enclosure : Im guessing around 1,500
Achtung! Do not place the woofer in a standard issme baara inch ka hole hai box.
Either get a box made as per the specs enclosed in the sub or you;re better off buying a prefab box.

Quote:
Amp - JBL 1004 - dont know the actual prce but reviews online point at 12,000.
Good amplifier, the MRP is 14K something.
Quote:
I'm guessing(without any audiophile knowledge) Power series and the Infinity Reference are actually the same and is purely a marketing ploy?Their design descriptions and power handlings have a lot of resemblance.
Bahut galat guess hai, isse accha hota ki guess ke badle tumhe gas hojata.
The 2 series of speakers are not related in any way except for the fact that they are marketed by the same group and the brands are owned by the same company.
Their R&D team, factory and even sound is completely different.
If you like it loud and punchy (as I suspect, going by the fact that you said Disco Sound), you would prefer the Power series any day.

Quote:
All are 5 1/4" speakers. Can i upgrade to 6" without compromising
You made THREE THREE posts and yet I had to search for what car you have. Woh toh, I saw somewhere the word NHC in your post and I realised you might have a Honda City.

Yes it is possible to put 6" by a competent installer with some correct spacers.

Quote:
Wiring: :4,500 - brands i dont know ,depends on whats available in hyd.
Damping :4000 (5sqft each door + 10sq ft for boot at 150/sqft)
That is a healthy budget for cabling and damping. You will actually spend less on the cabling, but I am glad to see that you have allotted this amount.
Especially if you plan to install a 1004 with power series components, damp the front doors well. Really well.
Old 3rd October 2008, 21:52   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Baap re,

THis guy is asking all the questions and then asking more questions and then more answers and then what not.
Slow down baba, breathe!

Breath in , Dont wanna be branded as one who is looking for solutions without own effort and research . The three post have a gradual change and decision made on choices.Breath out

Achtung! Do not place the woofer in a standard issme baara inch ka hole hai box.
Either get a box made as per the specs enclosed in the sub or you;re better off buying a prefab box.

Pre-Fab is what is planned for the moment until a DIY FG box is made to specifications. In fact Ive already enquired on FG mats today and should be making a purchase tomorrow.When the box will be completed is a different question , but yes, the JBL Sub will get what it deserves, else i can already sense afrom you. btw, Bless you.

Good amplifier, the MRP is 14K something.

Giving a ball park figure is due to rules and regulations on a public forum.I accept and appreciate it even.

Bahut galat guess hai, isse accha hota ki guess ke badle tumhe gas hojata.
The 2 series of speakers are not related in any way except for the fact that they are marketed by the same group and the brands are owned by the same company.
Their R&D team, factory and even sound is completely different.
If you like it loud and punchy (as I suspect, going by the fact that you said Disco Sound), you would prefer the Power series any day.

Now how could I expect the Brand ambassador to give out details . I concede(only messing) and will accept your explanation as correct.
P.S : My stomach's a tough nut to crack what with all the jungle food cooked in bamboo stems and Fish eaten half cooked on a hiking fire.Oh, and the Andhra chillies!!. Gas is seldom a situation I experience . :-)

You made THREE THREE posts and yet I had to search for what car you have. Woh toh, I saw somewhere the word NHC in your post and I realised you might have a Honda City.

eerm, the title of the Thread says it all and didn't want to keep repeating it all through the posts.I should have used the words "City" somewhere, My bad.

That is a healthy budget for cabling and damping. You will actually spend less on the cabling, but I am glad to see that you have allotted this amount.
Especially if you plan to install a 1004 with power series components, damp the front doors well. Really well.
Cheers and really appreciate your reply Sam, just read about your Panasonic venture so congrats on that front too.I'm dying for the wrinkly fries!, we dont seem to get them in hyd :-)

Answers i still need are:
1)CS1205 sub passes the grade to be run by the 1004amp?

2)What gauge wiring would i need to choose for this install, i don't want to go overboard just for the sake of it.

3) Which brand of Damping Sheets can i go for around the budget(20/25sqft).

4)Good installer in Hyd apart from Hamid in Sprocket. Im keeping Hamid as first choice, but its always nice to receive advice from the people who have done their installs.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 3rd October 2008 at 22:04.
Old 3rd October 2008, 22:02   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

1)CS1205 sub passes the grade to be run by the 1004amp? Yes it does.

2)What gauge wiring would i need to choose for this install, i don't want to go overboard just for the sake of it. 8 gauge is enough.

3) Which brand of Damping Sheets can i go for around the budget(20/25sqft). There is Dynamat, Noisekill, Scosche and more.

4)Good installer in Hyd apart from Hamid in Sprocket. Ich weiß nicht.

Bolo tararara!
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:25   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
1)CS1205 sub passes the grade to be run by the 1004amp? Yes it does.

Bolo tararara!
Mr.Sam , is the CS1205 same as the International GT5-12 model ?

Just so that the specs sheet can be downloaded and box made as per requirements ?
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:38   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Mr.Sam , is the CS1205 same as the International GT5-12 model ?

Just so that the specs sheet can be downloaded and box made as per requirements ?

nahi re
CS1205 is same as GT 4 12 incher
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:57   #10
BHPian

Just got bamboozled, bombarded ,stoned , thrown over a ridge, reached twilight and yet survived after reading the technical discussions of GT4-12 here.Phew! is all i can say.
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:59   #11
BHPian

Quote:

Installer:
Avinash(Mobike008) has highly recommended Hamid from Sprocket. I have read reviews of his work online and defo seem like all customers are satisfied.I think i'll take Avinash's advice and stick to Hamid. However..... Sprocket as a retailer is very low in ratings by anyone and everyone.Doesnt look like customer service is their strength and I'd hate to give someone like this business.. Any recommendations or comments in this regard would help.
You decision for Installer is very much a good option, you can't find a installer like Hamid in another accessories stores. And the biggest problem is he is working with one of the cheaters in the business.... But fortunately Hamid also works for the Reliance Digital in Banjara hills. You can PM me and I will send you his contact details. As you know he is on and off Hyderabad as he is from Bangalore. So you will have to make installations when he is in Hyderabad. May the problem could be that you need to buy some of your stuff at RD. Otherwise just try to negotiate with him and get it done some where outside. Thats the advice from my side.
Old 4th October 2008, 00:07   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
You decision for Installer is very much a good option, you can't find a installer like Hamid in another accessories stores. And the biggest problem is he is working with one of the cheaters in the business.... But fortunately Hamid also works for the Reliance Digital in Banjara hills. You can PM me and I will send you his contact details. As you know he is on and off Hyderabad as he is from Bangalore. So you will have to make installations when he is in Hyderabad. May the problem could be that you need to buy some of your stuff at RD. Otherwise just try to negotiate with him and get it done some where outside. Thats the advice from my side.

cheers for the reply VR, its so pleasing to have a hyderabadi reply and give advice on the installers. First Mobike and now you , i guess there is not 2 questions on who it has to be then . Does RD stock JBL ? if thats the case i dont think there will be any issues for me to buymy equipment there. The option of negotiating with Hamid,since he's a much respected person,I'd like to keep it to the minimum. He's getting his livelyhood from RD so i dont mind purchasing it there(hopefully they stock JBL). Thanks once again.
Old 4th October 2008, 00:28   #13
BHPian

Quote:
cheers for the reply VR, its so pleasing to have a hyderabadi reply and give advice on the installers. First Mobike and now you , i guess there is not 2 questions on who it has to be then . Does RD stock JBL ? if thats the case i dont think there will be any issues for me to buymy equipment there. The option of negotiating with Hamid,since he's a much respected person,I'd like to keep it to the minimum. He's getting his livelyhood from RD so i dont mind purchasing it there(hopefully they stock JBL). Thanks once again.
Yeah the RD does have the JBL stocks, but the problem is they won't be having stocks of the high end equipment you have listed, when I was trying to get my stuff, I could hardly get anything from RD, that's why I had to go for Sprocket. The least you can expect at RD is the GT-5 and CS series equipment (that too with very little or no discounts). If you can buy just one component from them I think that is enough for them to call Hamid and get the things done, rest of the equipment may be you can get it from Pavan Electronics, opp karachi Bakery. Just visit once to RD and have a look at the JBL stuff they with them then probably you can decide how to do it.
Old 5th October 2008, 19:20   #14
BHPian

The two setups i got in mind :

JBL Group :
Front :Infinity Ref 6020cs- Rs 6,700.00
Rear : Infinity Ref 9623i - already have them
Amp : GTO 1004 (4x100W Amp) - Rs 14,990.00
Sub : GT5 1204BR- Rs 8,990.00
Wiring Kit :approx 2,500.00
Damping :approx 4,000.00
Installation :1000
TOTAL : Rs 38,180.00

Mix n Match (without restricting to availability in Hyderabad)
Front :GZTC MK2 - Rs 5,650.00
Rear :Infinity Ref 9623i - already have them
Amp :DUB 1004 (4x100W Amp) - 9990.00
Sub :Left to suggestions (with enclosure):Budget 9,000.00
Wiring Kit :2,500.00
Damping :4,000.00
Installation :1000.00
TOTAL : Rs 33,140.00 (+/- 2000 for damping and installation , Rs1000 extra added for shipment)

I am no guru and did not come up with them based on SQ or SPLin my mind.The set-ups were selected purely on power handling of each equipment.This was biased on the 9623i's that i already posses with 100W rating.Finally the budget range ended with the above and would like the gurus opinion on which suits what best.Whether they qualify as SQ or SPL,i aint concerned,lol.Im purely looking for the choices and quality of each blending into 1 proper music system.

Music is mostly club ranging from Trance, Disco & Hip-Hop.Times are spent with Carnatic/Oldies only over long distances to keep me calm and not do speeds to match the song's bpm,lol.

I pray that T-bhp doesn't raise my budget even more ! lol

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 5th October 2008 at 19:36.
Old 6th October 2008, 11:24   #15
Senior - BHPian

I doubt if you can get a DUB amp, it was a part of audiobahn group and they stopped production now. B&T would be able to answer better (hermit audio represents audiobahn in india)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks