Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 23:20   #1

Want to ICE WagonR

Hi All. this being my first mail..after going through a lot of Gyan provided by the Gurus.

Well me being not that much of a techie. all the threads has gotten me slightly confused. I own a Wagon R and want to ICE it up. After going through various forums. i have come down to the conclusion that there are two options to choose from : Infinity (9623i) & JBL GTO937. pls let me know the pros and cons for both if anyone of you are using or compared it

I also have Hyundai I10 and have JBL GTO937 installed in rear and GTO 427 in front doors. Though the sound is great ( or punchy shall i say) i really feel Infinity could do better (I prefer sound quality, crispiness, music range over loudness, but also not to miss on the base punch though).

Now coming back to my WagonR. also, what set of speakers would you suggest for front ( keeping in mind -Infinity or JBL as rear)

I have a Pioneer head unit to attach it with. Also pls guide me, do i need to to use a separate amp. if i want to add a sub woofer.(am asking this as in the manual it says that I cud do so. or atleast that was my interpretation.)

Looking forward to a resolution mates.

Nitin

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd October 2008 at 17:48. Reason: See note in Post
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:05   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin_bailey View Post
Infinity (9623i) & JBL GTO937.
Now coming back to my WagonR... also, what set of speakers would you suggest for front ( keeping in mind -Infinity or JBL as rear)

I have a Pioneer head unit to attach it with. Also pls guide me, do i need to to use a separate amp. if i want to add a sub woofer.
1. The 937 has been repaced by the 938 and for those who like it brighter the 947.
2. JBL speakers are voiced a bit brighter than Infinty so listen to both and see which you prefer.
3. If you got just 4 speakers you could use an amp if you find yourself pushing the volume control past it's halfway mark.
4. If you want a sub you need an amp to drive the sub. The common/economical way to do this is get a 4 ch amp and use 2 ch. to drive the front speakers and bridge the other 2 ch. to drive the sub. Let the HU drive the rear speakers.
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:36   #3
BANNED

No matter what kind of rear speakers you buy, get a good pair of component speakers for the front. That will give you a better soundstage, imaging and a very satisfying overall music listening experience.

I would also suggest you to listen to Infinity and JBL before you zero in on your decision.
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

jbl gto 608c components if you want a bright sound and illusion electras if you want a laid back sound

For the rear jbl 938 are pretty good.

Any plans for amp and sub?
Old 22nd October 2008, 14:42   #5

Thanks for your advice.. pls suggest good component speakers as well..

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:48   #6
BHPian

Hi Nitin

Welcome to the forum, It is important to put a budget to what you want. Also a little input to your music taste helps suggesting correctly. And what you will get end of the day will be listen to your ears. Have a few demos and decide. also compos in a wagonR is dicy as there are a very fiew options in its stock location.
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:36   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
also compos in a wagonR is dicy as there are a very fiew options in its stock location.
If he wants to stick to stock location, then it's better he buy some good 4" coaxials.
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
If he wants to stick to stock location, then it's better he buy some good 4" coaxials.
or Illusion 4" components EL4.1
Old 22nd October 2008, 19:48   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Why not 4" compos over the coaxials? Any specific reason for that?
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:40   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post

Please suggest me good co-axials or comps

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd October 2008 at 14:45. Reason: Please post in full english, instead of pls write please, thanks
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

You have lots of options in 4 inch coaxials but just two companies make 4 inch comps Kicker & Illusion.

We have few guys who have illusion 4 inch comps including myself. I am very happy with the sound as I previously had Sony 4 inch coaxial speakers
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

I have heard both illusion and kicker and i feel that illusion are far better than kicker

Illusions cost 2990 bucks.
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:09   #13
BANNED

Hint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Frankly, I found some 4" coaxials to be better than 4" compos. For example, the Alpine Type E 4" coaxials sounded far better than the Kicker 4" compos which were almost twice the former's price.
But the Illusion 4" compos for +/- 3k sounds like a good option.
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

whether you need 4" comps or coax depends on the dash location. if it is a bit far away and aiming away from your ears, then you *may* need comps, on the other hand , in cars like the spark, I've not felt the need for components. Usually comps are used when you use the locations in the doors , so that you your ears get the treble , and not your feet. With a dash install, its not as severe
Old 24th October 2008, 00:33   #15
BHPian

In case of 4" coaxials would he be able to amp them?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks