Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2008, 11:47   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
No, nothing will happen!

That's the problem - nothing will happen! One will hear, in all but the Kei cars in Japan and the Cinquecento, a bit of faint "hoom hoom" from the subwoofer.

That's because even though the sub is 100W, what will flow from the HU amp will be less than 20W rms, not 70W. Sure it will deliver a decent amount of bass if one mounts an 8" sub directly behind the head, replacing the headrest! Rather impractical, one must say.

If the manufacturer's claim were to be true, don't you think almost everyone would have not wasted money on amps and driven subs from HUs?
Hi DerAlte, I was indeed suggesting him an option towards Pioneer HUs with the direct Sub out feature ( If he has the one) where they claim 70 wRms if the rear channel is used for connecting a SUB.

I am not a fan of this setup either as I already said I am not aware of how the Sub would perform. Thanks for the performance info.

For some people, the listening setup also counts for their listening pleasure.
I personally know a person who doesnt put any cds on, but listens only to FM.
He has only the front speakers connected and he finds enjoyment in the song which would be playing the next where he has no idea of and all the filmy gossips where 1000W Rms of heart pounding bass will not make him smile.

Just like some people selecting a 2.1 speaker system instead of 4.1 or 5.1, they are particular about the setup. So Instead of forcing him to go 4 Speaker setup as I feel to be good for me, which might not be for him, he could try out the option. ( In his first post he was not mentioning about rear speakers at all)

And as Frank asked, if all these for 5000 bucks, it is not possible.
Old 16th December 2008, 23:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
Amplifying the coaxials. Sounds interesting.

The pioneer HU has Front, Rear, and Sub-woofer. Say, if we joint the Front and Rear together by using connectors, will the resultant connection provide an amplified output and solve the need of using an amplifier? Sorry if I sound too creative. lol
Gurus,
Is this possible on a head unit? like bridging the 4 channels of an head unit into 2 channels (say about 20 watts RMS)and driving a pair of good coax/ comps in the front/ or 6X9's at the back. Will it mess up with speaker impedance etc.? the sub can be powered by a mono- block/ 2 channel amp which will save some money.

@ritz830 - Sorry to hijack this thread buddy, but couldn't contain myself, uncontrol
I am getting delivery of my spark LT and was thinking of installing 4.1 comps with a sub at the back. Now after reading some comparisons with the co-axials, rethinking.

@Flying Bong- Sir, what does high sound stage mean? I'm reffering to the post you said about installing comps at the front.
Old 17th December 2008, 11:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123 View Post
@Flying Bong- Sir, what does high sound stage mean? I'm reffering to the post you said about installing comps at the front.
Sir? Please call me FB as everyone does

w.r.t. high soundstage I meant the following:

While listening to music in your car, imagine the band to be performing on stage in font of you. The height above floor level from which voices and instruments seem to emanate is essentially the soundstage "height". A high soundstage (at middle or top half of windshield) is desirable. If you're listening to Madonna/Diana Krall, it should seem that she is sitting on the bonnet/dash and singing to you (instead of crouching down in the footwell )
Old 17th December 2008, 11:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hmm It would be something like this..

Name:  stage.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  18.3 KB
Old 17th December 2008, 12:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

wicked sense of humour lbm paaji.. soundstage is hilarious!
Old 17th December 2008, 13:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
wicked sense of humour lbm paaji.. soundstage is hilarious!
That was not humor, @frankmehta. LBM showed pictorially what @FB (oye nahin yaar, FB sounds like Food & Beverages - @flying_bong is better) described in words. Go listen to a live / stage performance (not hotel or "ghar mein mehfil"), you will be able to visualize it like LBM.
Old 17th December 2008, 13:47   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Go listen to a live / stage performance (not hotel or "ghar mein mehfil"), you will be able to visualize it like LBM.
Please dont make fun of Dr. Frank. I am sure he is a regular visitor to the prominent "Live Band/ Orchestra" type of watering holes in Mumbai. Although he may have trouble giving his undivided attention to the "sound stage" when there.
Old 17th December 2008, 14:02   #38
Senior - BHPian

by a 'sound' stage, do you mean something that doesnt creak or rock while err.. performing various acts? im kinda heavy :-)
Old 17th December 2008, 14:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
Sir? Please call me FB as everyone does

w.r.t. high soundstage I meant the following:

While listening to music in your car, imagine the band to be performing on stage in font of you. The height above floor level from which voices and instruments seem to emanate is essentially the soundstage "height". A high soundstage (at middle or top half of windshield) is desirable. If you're listening to Madonna/Diana Krall, it should seem that she is sitting on the bonnet/dash and singing to you (instead of crouching down in the footwell )
Sorry about that FB,
Thanks for the clarification of soundstage. I think Bose have their Home theatre speaker systems based on this- Direct/Reflecting® speaker technology. Also another question, oops If I install the sub with enclosure in the boot, and have a MDF/ Company fitted tray, will it block the sound of the bass coming from the subwoofer?

1. Your Car: ____Spark LT_

2. Your current setup (If any): none

3. Your Budget: 20k though can strech upto 25k for a decent ice install including wiring.

4. Do you drive most of the time or is it chauffer driven? - Self Driven

5. Your Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): Dire straits, pinkfloyd, queen- basically rock. Also listen to latest Bollywood/ Indipop numbers, some techno.

Additional Information:
I usually listen to songs keeping the rock equaliser setting in winamp (60Hz +4.8db, 170 Hz +2.9db, 310Hz -1.0db, 600Hz -2.9db, 1k 0db, 3k +2.9db, 6k/8K/12K/16K AROUND 6.5db). I hear this on a creative 2.1 system
6. Are you ready to sacrifice your boot space/modify door panels? : ready to sacrifice the small boot space by putting a sub with enclosure. Would not prefer cutting door panels.

Help needed.
Old 17th December 2008, 15:07   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123
If I install the sub with enclosure in the boot, and have a MDF/ Company fitted tray, will it block the sound of the bass coming from the subwoofer?
No it wont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123
I usually listen to songs keeping the rock equaliser setting in winamp (60Hz +4.8db, 170 Hz +2.9db, 310Hz -1.0db, 600Hz -2.9db, 1k 0db, 3k +2.9db, 6k/8K/12K/16K AROUND 6.5db). I hear this on a creative 2.1 system
The deficiencies of the speaker are causing you to set the EQ like that. With a good setup in the car, such equalization will not be necessary.
Old 30th January 2009, 16:46   #41
Senior - BHPian

Front door component installation in Spark

Hi All,

Am reviving this thread after a gap, but what I want to know is this: Isnt there any way of installing 6.5" components in the front door of the Spark? By cutting the panels, spacer rings etc? I am open to cutting the panels, as in my 800, the installer has done a neat and effective job of doing the same with JBL GT5 6.5" components.
Or for that matter, even 5.25 components?

Kindly advise, Gurus.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 30th January 2009 at 16:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks