Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2009, 14:42   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Centrafuse forums say that sms reception has been solved in the 3.0 release, I dint actually try that, Did any of you tried that?
Nope. CF 3.0 not showing received sms on screen. I think not all phone are compatible with it.

I dont like the interface. in 2.0 i could manage the all functions without looking at the screen. my fingers are used to it on screen.
Old 15th November 2009, 14:48   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Nope. CF 3.0 not showing received sms on screen. I think not all phone are compatible with it.

I dont like the interface. in 2.0 i could manage the all functions without looking at the screen. my fingers are used to it on screen.
Not even a single phone supports sms receiption in centrafuse, I tried nokia (s40, s60 and also the E series), Sony ericsson (w580,w810i,w550,k810i,w995,w395,p910),Samsung (Corby), Motorolla (razr-2). Not even a single mobile supported this feature

My centrafuse 2.0 doesnt show emails but im able to send e-mails through it.(I think we should talk about this in my thread)
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:31   #168
BHPian

I have switched my audio to onboard realtek. and the result is not at all good. In reaktek sound card properties there is no Sub Frequency Redirection. Clarity and Bass is not as good as USB creative X-Fi.
X-Fi has driver issues which i cant tolerate anymore. every time i resume i have discconect the card and connect it again to get the sound. On the other hand Onboard Audio is painless. you start the car and music automatically plays in 15-20 seconds.

So. what i am looking is now Upgrade. anyone on t-bhp has USB DAC config in their carputer ? DAC has only 2 output. How would one feed to SUB ? I have front 2 speakers and 1 Sub.
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:39   #169
Senior - BHPian

Let me know more about this hibernation thing, i always shut down the pc, does your pc remain in hibernation when car is not in use? so its actually running all the time when car is off till the psu does a auto shut down due low battery?
Old 4th April 2010, 00:45   #170
BHPian

Gigy. When PSU send shutdown signal to motherboard. windows will start its process that you have set in Power properties(Under Choose what power buttons do). I have set it as Hibernate my PC when i press the Power button. Yes my PC remain in hibernation when car is not in use.
No PC wont be running all the time once it goes in hibernation. Once you remove the key(turn off the ignition) PSU will cut off the power after 60 seconds from battery.
Old 4th April 2010, 09:36   #171
Senior - BHPian

If psu cuts off power in 60 sec then how does it resume from hibernation when you start after long time/next day? how much time to centrafuse running?
Old 4th April 2010, 09:43   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
If psu cuts off power in 60 sec then how does it resume from hibernation when you start after long time/next day? how much time to centrafuse running?
as soon as your turnon your ignition, PSU will take some 5 seconds time and will send a turnon signal to your motherboard. Centrafuse will start running within a minute or maybe less that that depending on your board and ram.
Old 4th April 2010, 11:05   #173
Senior - BHPian

I always shut down and restart and even doing it this way centrafuse starts in about 48sec. i will have to hibernate and see if its of any advantage to me once i redo the setup
Old 20th April 2010, 01:23   #174
BHPian

I am soon moving to new MOBO,CPU and Audiophile SoundCard. Current ZOTAC board is going to my HTPC setup.
Old 20th April 2010, 18:54   #175
Senior - BHPian

i think there needs some clarification in the procedure of hibernating and shutting down. if you are hibernating then you need to set the power off timing to the highest possible or set it to "NO" till auto shutoff due low battery.
if you are selecting 60 seconds to hibernate then let it just shut down rather than hibernating because it is actually not hibernating butting shutting off completely from what i can make out. for hibernation the ram need to be powered all times. its not possible if power is cut.

Nisarg86, whats your new configuration?

Last edited by gigy : 20th April 2010 at 18:56.
Old 21st April 2010, 01:18   #176
BHPian

Gigy. My current power off settings on PSU is 30 seconds. so after 30 seconds PSU send the signal to mobo to shutdown or hibernate,whatever you set in power properties.
After 30 second signal initiate,PSU draw the power from battery for next 60 seconds to hard shut off to prevent battery draining.
So in between 30-60 seconds my PC completely hibernate.
Hibernation doesn't require power all the time. OS dump the hibernate file on RAM. and Load the same file when you resume.

I am still researching on components. This time i wanna go for each and every single thing to be compatible with CF. Any suggestions on Motherboard and CPU are welcome.
Old 21st April 2010, 08:10   #177
sdh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
i think there needs some clarification in the procedure of hibernating and shutting down. if you are hibernating then you need to set the power off timing to the highest possible or set it to "NO" till auto shutoff due low battery.
if you are selecting 60 seconds to hibernate then let it just shut down rather than hibernating because it is actually not hibernating butting shutting off completely from what i can make out. for hibernation the ram need to be powered all times. its not possible if power is cut.

Nisarg86, whats your new configuration?
I think we are confusing between standby and hibernate. If you use standby mode, resume will be pretty fast but you will have to configure your PSU to remain on and only shutdown on low battery. In case of Hibernate, you do not need power any more after hibernation. Usually hibernation is completed in less than 60 seconds so power off after that is safe.
Old 21st April 2010, 09:36   #178
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for that,things are more clear now. let me see if i get a faster time this way.
I have only centrafuse and touch screen set to autorun in my machine at every start. centrafuse starts in nav mode with last music being played.
Old 15th May 2010, 00:33   #179
BHPian

I am yet to decide on sound card,CPU,Mobo and Case. i am getting confused day by day on soundcard. Asus Xonar outputs about 2V.

So i am thinking to buy one of this Preamp.
JL Audio CL-RLC CleanSweep

How many Preamp would i need to connect 2 Speakers and 1 Sub. I guess i will need 2 of this to control the front and sub independently. Right ?

How am i going to connect ? SoundCard > PreAmp > Amp. ?
Old 15th May 2010, 08:35   #180
Senior - BHPian

Did you check the output first without the preamp and see if its not enough? the asus usb card is good since it has digital volume control and sits neatly in car, has a phase array mic. if you can buy a amp with wired sub control then the sub level on-the-go can also be taken care of.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks