Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2010, 10:28   #181
BHPian

I have checked the output. it is not as loud compared to any HU. Currently my Gain Knob are set 70%. So after using preamp i can set it lower to put less stress on AMP and better sound quality.
No USB gigy. I am done with USB Soundcard in carputer.
Old 11th November 2010, 00:45   #182
BHPian

Its been long time since i updated this thread. though nothing has changed in setup. CAR-PC works smooth. Serviced my car today at MASS. SA told me that Cranking Volt. was showing 9.90. which is not good. You might need to change the battery soon.
I felt this in last moth when my car-pc was shut down itself couple of times due to low voltages.
Battery is around 2 and half years old. SA told me that it could be due to all the gears that you have installed.
Many times i had never cranked the engine while showing my car-pc stuffs to people or while at home configuring or updating few software. :( So now i have stopped using it without cranked up the engine.
Old 11th November 2010, 01:39   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Its been long time since i updated this thread. though nothing has changed in setup. CAR-PC works smooth. Serviced my car today at MASS. SA told me that Cranking Volt. was showing 9.90. which is not good. You might need to change the battery soon.
I felt this in last moth when my car-pc was shut down itself couple of times due to low voltages.
Battery is around 2 and half years old. SA told me that it could be due to all the gears that you have installed.
Many times i had never cranked the engine while showing my car-pc stuffs to people or while at home configuring or updating few software. :( So now i have stopped using it without cranked up the engine.
Is it your first battery or the second one.

Do you get the battery water level checked apart from normal servicing?
Old 11th November 2010, 03:13   #184
BHPian

ghpk. it is 1st battery . Yes water level checked every 2 month.
Old 11th November 2010, 21:13   #185
Senior - BHPian

Even i faced this and there after stopped running the setups without the engine on.

You crank and the carputer restarts, then you know time for new battery.
Old 11th November 2010, 23:09   #186
BHPian

Quote:
ghpk. it is 1st battery . Yes water level checked every 2 month.
Strange to see poor battery life, I think you should check with other swift owners who don't have carputer to check how long their battery lasted.

from my personal experience 2.5 yrs is too less for a battery to go exhausted, my santro is running on first battery for last 4.5 yrs. but i don't have capruter though.
Old 12th November 2010, 16:44   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Yes water level checked every 2 month.
Why would one want to subject a sealed maintenance free battery (I am assuming you have that) to that so often? One risks introducing contaminants into the battery, which ultimately bring down the life of the battery. Unless the cranking is labored (you can make out by the sound of cranking), it is better to leave the battery alone.

It is unlikely that the CarPC will shutdown due to low-voltage conditions (other than cranking condition). The PSU should have an input tolerance of +/-20% over 12V (9.6-14.4V), outside of which - mostly on the lower side - it will cause the PC to shutdown. At other times, the voltage is unlikely to dip below 9.6V at all, even if you have used the PC with engine off for a long time. Better to check the wiring thoroughly.
Old 14th November 2010, 02:22   #188
BHPian

@DerAlte. As far as i know it is not maintenance free battery i have asked MASS about it. I have checked the wiring. it is perfectly fine.
Old 4th February 2011, 18:14   #189
BHPian

Re: Carputer and ICE Installation : Swift

Knock Knock !!
Yesterday i enabled the bass boost to +6 db on my sub channel and the output and blend with front components is quite good now. i want to know does bass boosting put any extra load on AMP ?

Current setup is
GZRC 16x Front components
GZ 12 XD-AL Sub.
GZ 4 channel AMP.

currently above setup is running in bridge mode. So 12 XD-AL is not getting proper power.

i do have some moolah to upgrade on ICE.

All i want to do is now put the mono AMP for SUB to get the real kick of 12 XD-AL.
Suggest me some good Mono AMP for my 12 XD-AL. I have budgate around 8-10K.
Old 19th June 2011, 17:21   #190
BHPian

Update !!
I have moved my Zotac ION to HTPC and bought new MSI Amd Fusion E350 Motherboard. So far better performance and slightly faster resume and hibernate timings.
Old 19th June 2011, 18:14   #191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Knock Knock !!
Yesterday i enabled the bass boost to +6 db on my sub channel and the output and blend with front components is quite good now. i want to know does bass boosting put any extra load on AMP ?
Yes bass boost will load both your woofer and your amp. However if the wofer does not exibhit any signs of stress this is safe to do.

Sings of stress may be bottomming out of the woofer, like the woofer is hitting something, and/or distorted sound doe the woofer's suspension being pushed way past it's linear excursion.

An amplifier's stress (clipping and producing harmonics) may also be heard.
Old 19th June 2011, 18:36   #192
BHPian

navin sir. I was just experimenting with bass booster and i have disabled it currently.
After few days of listening to it. it was making uncomfortable listening experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks