Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 00:30   #16
BHPian

to the thread starter

A Ground Zero 6*9 should have more bass than any of the speakers mentioned above.

After that try the pioneer 6996 (not very sure about this model)

If you want to get exotic the rockford fosgate also has a lot of bass at the xpense of mids.However you need not worry about that if youre taking care of that dept upfront
Old 11th March 2009, 03:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Come on guys. We have 12k to play with :-) here's my suggestion.
1. Ground zero gz69t: 5k
2. Jbl gt5644/604:5.5k all four channels to the gzs:-)
3. 2k for mdf tray, wiring, rca and install.
Done?
Old 11th March 2009, 10:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Come on guys. We have 12k to play with :-)
Hey danta-chikitsak mahashay, why you be putting Ca(OH)2 for him?
Quote:
... 3. 2k for mdf tray, wiring, rca and install.
Done?
"i have a kenwood system in my magnum"

@throttleking, any decent 6x9 (JBL, Blaupunkt, GZ, Pio, Illusion, Hertz, ...) on the rear tray will give you some low-end punch in the cabin. Also, you really need not drive it with an amp to get that. Driving them by the HU is good enough. If you really want to put in an amp, the primary reason should be for driving components in the front. A 4-channel amplifier can then drive the rear ovals too.

Since you have not mentioned anything about what speakers you have, one can safely assume that the dealer had put in some chalu coaxials (midbass and tweeter mounted on the same axis) which you are dissatisfied with. If so, think of putting components in front.

On the other hand, if the system came built-in in your car from GM, there might be tweeters mounted on the door somewhere near the A-pillar. If so, you could try putting in an amp (Blau, Kenwood, etc. costing about 6K).

If you put in ovals on the tray, the speakers in the rear door will become redundant (dangerous to drive both in parallel from the HU). If putting an amp, you could do it - provided the amp can drive 2-ohm loads.

So, your order of decision making should be:
1. Check if you already have components in front. If not, think of getting a pair of them (~6-9K)
2. Decide on whether you need an amp (~6K)
3. Get a decent pair of ovals on the rear tray (~3-5K)

Do listen to systems in other cars before deciding on brand / model.
Old 11th March 2009, 13:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
to the thread starter
A Ground Zero 6*9 should have more bass than any of the speakers mentioned above.
GZ which one can you specify the model no and where can get those in pune, and what is the cost?

Quote:
Come on guys. We have 12k to play with :-) here's my suggestion.
1. Ground zero gz69t: 5k
2. Jbl gt5644/604:5.5k all four channels to the gzs:-)
3. 2k for mdf tray, wiring, rca and install.
Done?
Sounds good, there is slight change, i think i will have to increase my budget as stock kenwood HU has only one RCA pre-out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Hey danta-chikitsak mahashay, why you be putting Ca(OH)2 for him?

Since you have not mentioned anything about what speakers you have, one can safely assume that the dealer had put in some chalu coaxials (midbass and tweeter mounted on the same axis) which you are dissatisfied with.
i am ok with current speakers, dont know what are they, but they sound really good, front ones. rear speakers are very small.

So ideal setup that i am planning now is :

Pioneer HU 3150 / 4050 : Rs. 6000
JBL GTO 938 In rear tray : Rs. 3000
JBL GT5 644 4C Amp : around Rs. 6000 (somebody please confirm)
Wiring and Installation : Rs. 1500

the dealer is ready to buy my kenwood HU for Rs. 1500, means i will have to stretch my budget to 15k for now. :(

and later on i will add
JBL 12" 1000w Sub : Around Rs. 4000 with box (please suggest the model)

Gurus your advice on above configuration.
Old 11th March 2009, 14:28   #20
BHPian

above config is nice.
go ahead with it

As for GZ - ground zero contact Bass&Trouble
buy the entry level model- however you should know it will cost you more than the jBl's its about 5k
Old 11th March 2009, 20:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

why ca(oh)2? anyways? what are you planning to go with mr throttleking
Old 11th March 2009, 23:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

In addition to the suggestions given, you could consider Illusion EL62 (6x9) coaxials. Very nice, clean punch.
Old 17th March 2009, 13:50   #23
BHPian

Gurus,

Pioneer HU 4050, with OEM front 2 speakers 6", and JBL GTO 938 6.9" in rear tray. will this combination work without Amp?
Old 17th March 2009, 13:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Gurus,

Pioneer HU 4050, with OEM front 2 speakers 6", and JBL GTO 938 6.9" in rear tray. will this combination work without Amp?

will work for most of them,but it all depends what you want from your ice.
Old 17th March 2009, 16:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
will work for most of them,but it all depends what you want from your ice.
i want decent music (Sub like effect, as the thread title states) from my ICE as i have limited budget at this moment, however i plan to upgrade in future, so with above mentioned setup i would add decent 4ch amp and subwoofer in future.

Last edited by throttleking : 17th March 2009 at 16:42.
Old 17th March 2009, 16:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
i want decent music (Sub like effect, as the thread title states) from my ICE as i have limited budget at this moment, however i plan to upgrade in future, so with above mentioned setup i would add decent 4ch amp and subwoofer in future.
get rid of those front oem 6' in future when you add a four channel amp to your ice or you can change them now.
Old 17th March 2009, 17:16   #27

Guys, I know that I am jumping in between. But let me tell you if throttleking has the similar speakers which i have in my Optra( not magnum, 1.6 2005), they are really good and gets apreciated time and again by my co-travellers. In fact I have been into the same dilemma and wanted to change the HU( its a casseteplayer with rear aux in, blaupunkt) but could not though i tried swapping it with a Sony,Pio,JVC,Kenwood unit. Somehow there is some kind of magic with the stock HU with the stock front speakers.Rear ones are quite ordinary.

If throttleking succeeds, i will stand inspired and will replicate the same,ofcourse, after a trial run.

cheers
Old 17th March 2009, 18:21   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monk_optra View Post
Guys, I know that I am jumping in between. But let me tell you if throttleking has the similar speakers which i have in my Optra( not magnum, 1.6 2005), they are really good and gets apreciated time and again by my co-travellers. In fact I have been into the same dilemma and wanted to change the HU( its a casseteplayer with rear aux in, blaupunkt) but could not though i tried swapping it with a Sony,Pio,JVC,Kenwood unit. Somehow there is some kind of magic with the stock HU with the stock front speakers.Rear ones are quite ordinary.

If throttleking succeeds, i will stand inspired and will replicate the same,ofcourse, after a trial run.

cheers
Monk you are absolutely right, rear speakers are nothing to talk about but yes front speakers are really amazing, i wonder how, and what brand it is, many times my friends say that you must have added SUB or some expensive speakers. Anyways, i hope this works well with new POi 4050 as well.
Old 18th March 2009, 23:25   #29

hi throttleking,

what exactly ICE you have gone for?
Old 19th March 2009, 11:57   #30
BHPian

Since your on a tight budget, you could try the classified section here and will be surprised at the cost of good woofer and amps.
HU can be bought new.

My 2 cents. actually that's what i did when i started with a air tight budget for ICE.

UM

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks