Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 13:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Best INDIAN car for ICEing: Budget below 9 lacs

Hey guys. This may sound like a weird thread and one of its first kinds on Team-Bhp!!
I might end up buying a car very soon. Maybe in the next 2-3 months. Looking for a sedan, or a 'big' hatch a la the i10/i20/New VW chottu car too! The sedan can be an ANHC/Linea/Fiesta. I just wanted to ask which car would be the best car to ICE, considering the door pads, volume of the doors, volume of the boot and speaker placement?
It's quite crucial this time, since I plan to buy my car for the ICE and not the ICE for the car. Hehehe. I may sound like a nutter, but this time I want to make the least modifications and get the most out of my front soundstage. Tweeter placement will also be crucial and I would prefer a stock stealth looking setup in the car. Hence the stock locations for the speakers will be integral. I hope you know where all this is getting to. To put it in simpler words:
1. Doors must be solid and easy to damp.
2. Stock midbass location must allow atleast 6.5 inch midbasses without any form of cutting sheet metal or door pads. Yes, fibre glassing will be done, but if it can be avoided, I would like it! Hence tough door pads will be appreciated. Tweeter placement in the stock locations will be the 'ICEing' on the cake.
3. Boot must allow placement of sub/s and amplifiers and still allow sufficient luggage space.
4. HEAD UNIT: the ANHC is a dicey thing to have a custom head unit. That is a major concern. I do not want to use the stock head unit from any car other than the Linea, since the Blue and Me integration is something I am looking forward to. I shall add an aftermarket processor to the Linea for TA and Attenuate any kind of amplification that comes with the head unit. But I still prefer my own head unit, which I presume is going to be the Kenwood X-993 or the Eclipse 7200MKII or the Alpine CDA-9887 or its successor.
5. Rear doors must have speaker locations. Do not intend to use the parcel shelf behind for anything other than parcels.

MORE points will be put forward when they come to mind.
Please help me out. We have a sufficient amount of time!

Last edited by frankmehta : 7th April 2009 at 13:58.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

that 9 lac budget is for the car or for the ice ?
Old 7th April 2009, 14:04   #3
BHPian

Fiesta would have to be ruled out because of the speaker slots it has.
BTW why no SX4?
Linea/ANHC - would be my suggestion. The former would be better as it is diesel.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:05   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Hey guys. This may sound like a weird thread I plan to buy my car for the ICE and not the ICE for the car. Hehehe. I may sound like a nutter,
Nuthign nutty abt it . Ive been researching on the same lines
Old 7th April 2009, 14:06   #5
BHPian

My first choice would be chevy optra ,the nxt aveo,linea.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

lol KK it is for the car

under 9 Lac i think Linea or ANHC will do the job. Why no consider Verna too ?
Old 7th April 2009, 14:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

im sorry to interrupt this discussion but i wouldnt want suggestions based on the mechanical abilities of the car or the fact it is cheaper to run or has more powerful engines to choose from.
for that i shall open a thread in the what car section!
once we have some suggestions here, that is!
remember, ICe is more important this time. whether it does 0-100 in 11 seconds or 13 seconds is not the point of discussion. im doing parallel research on that aspect. as of now its JUST about the ICE baby :-)

and by 9 lacs i mean ON ROAD with Octroi, Regn, Insurance and all subsequent taxes. For those who are lazy to calculate, I would put a ceiling of 8 lacs ex showroom price! :-)

Last edited by frankmehta : 7th April 2009 at 14:19.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
lol KK it is for the car
he he i know abhi was just being funny.

i will say hatch it has to be swift or i20

and for sedan i would say ANHC.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:26   #9
BHPian

So far Getz has drawn top marks in the hatch category for me.
Not been too impressed by any Sedan in the 9L budget as yet.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

-is there a theory that a hatch will be much better sounding than a sedan, since the boot may cause muddling of the soundstage??

-and no sx4 because we dont want another maruti. the swift is a bad enough example. willl only buy the dzire if in dire straits.

-also, i WILL BE damping the doors, even if i end up buying an Abrams Tank from the military clearance sale.

-getz CRDi is also an option!

Last edited by frankmehta : 7th April 2009 at 14:30.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

getz is the obvious recommend.

tata cars are good options if you like three ways
Old 7th April 2009, 14:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

How about a solidly built Palio Sports? I remember JBL showing off their ICE products in a Palio during an expo.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
-is there a theory that a hatch will be much better sounding than a sedan, since the boot may cause muddling of the soundstage??

-and no sx4 because we dont want another maruti. the swift is a bad enough example. willl only buy the dzire if in dire straits.

-also, i WILL BE damping the doors, even if i end up buying an Abrams Tank from the military clearance sale.

-getz CRDi is also an option!
Frank it depends. I would anyday choose a Hatch over a Sedan. Though now my preferences are changing and i can't travel without a subwoofer, so might end up buying a sedan next time.

TA can solve sound stage issue. I have heard setups in sedans with TA and everything blends in perfect.

Getz is a very good car for ICE.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
if you like three ways
naughty naughty greenhorn you will get an infection, uhhm infraction from this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
How about a solidly built Palio Sports? I remember JBL showing off their ICE products in a Palio during an expo.
naah. palio is 3 generations older than the cars I want to buy. palio is definitely not in the books!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Frank it depends. I would anyday choose a Hatch over a Sedan. Though now my preferences are changing and i can't travel without a subwoofer, so might end up buying a sedan next time.

TA can solve sound stage issue. I have heard setups in sedans with TA and everything blends in perfect.

Getz is a very good car for ICE.
hmm. but if i get a hatch, the sub/s can occupy the whole boot space. no need for a measly boot there. boot space is only a priority when we talk of a sedan. even i cant live without a sub. heck, i might add one more luccent sub to the setup if i end up finding one!!
Old 7th April 2009, 14:48   #15
BHPian

@Frank- i20 would a big hatch as you wanted, Linea has solid doors as you wanted them to be. Look every car has its own pros and cons, you gotta compromise somewhere. All cars now come with company fitted parcel shelves with integrated speaker positions. As you do not Maruti again, go for the Linea or in the hatch segment the i20.
Regards, Paddy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks