Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2009, 14:47   #46
BHPian

GH - I agree with you that there are alternatives to JBL, however I have had JBL's in my earlier car also & I have been really satisfed with them.
Sushant - Are the rings readily available with all the after market guys? Also any problems after the modiciations have been done? Any rattling noise?
I was also planning to open the front to check the stock HU, but was adviced against doing so by the service guys. They told me that once opened, it may not fit in perfectly leading to increased rattling noise in future.
Old 7th October 2009, 15:37   #47
BHPian

These rings are readily available. I needed to cut speaker slot to accommodate 6.5" speakers. No rattling has been introduced in the car except one due to my mistake. Left Front door Power Window Switch Panels locks are broken. That panels moves freely and at high volume it rattles. But last week I added some packing and made it tight. At any sound level I can not hear any rattling. At high volume music systems sounds like I need an Amplifier because very recognizable sound clipping happens.

I have components in front but Mid Bass produced by it is not upto the mark. My roomy has same front speakers in his Swift where I can here more bass. GH, any specific reason I am not getting Strong Mid Bass from front components? This is one reason I tempted for HU change. Another reason for this, I suspect is that; Door Plastic Panel has grill openings for 4" OEM Speakers and I have 6.5" Speakers. May be there is little space for sound to come out?

I am from Pune. Pune guys please tell me a good music system installer which has taste of Sound. I will show my car to him and sort out all my doubts. I think I need to ditch my current installer.
Old 7th October 2009, 15:53   #48
BHPian

One more thing I always listen music with LOUD ness option ON. When this is ON then I can say I have respectable BASS and TREBEL otherwise it is very plain. Does this option causes Sound Distortion at high volume level?
Old 14th December 2009, 17:21   #49
BHPian

Hello Experts,
I have following setup in my Indica Vista
1) OEM clarion Head Unit
2) Front: JBL GT5 S-265c components
3) Rear: JBL 947 6x9

Now soon I am adding amplifier to this setup... I have shortlisted Kenwood KAC 8401 4 channel amplifier. I wanted to know, am I right with this amplifier selection? Right now I am planning to use all four channels for front and rears. Next month I will buy a sub and bridge rear two to power sub.

Another important query I have is that. Actually Vista front door can accomodate only 4" speakers. To fit 6 1/2" Components in front I needed to cut metal and fit the speakers. Speakers are in place but the grill on plastic door panel is as it is. I mean it is meant for 4" speakers. What do you think, Is it affecting front sound quality? If I cut plastic door panel and attach speaker grill which comes with speaker then what will be difference in sound quality? I feel that I am not getting sufficient bass in front. May be small grill is obstructing sound. Please suggest?

Thanks,
Sushant

Last edited by sushantr5 : 14th December 2009 at 17:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks