Team-BHP - Hyundai Verna ICED!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Hyundai Verna ICED! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/60283-hyundai-verna-iced-3.html)

sirji ne finally apni thread start kar hi di.
hmmmm..i must say the boy has travelled a long way,i listened your setup on the neemrana drive and i had to take disprin because of that boooooommm.:eek:
but now the setup has gone to absolutely different level,now you actually feel like spending more time in the car.
and this setup finally help me decide what i want from my setup-SQ:)

lol. gone are those days with ts20's hissing in the ears and the sub booming away to glory.
And yes i have spent a lot of time in the car and wasted a lot of fuel idling, just to listen the setup.
Glad you liked the setup and thanks for the kind comments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by live2drive (Post 1354276)
Don't know the number of sheets. Actually pieces were cut from a roll of damping material.

Where all did you got this applied? I mean front doors and did you get the boot done also? If so then how much in total did you pay for the damping?

..true the HU gives the overall a very stock look. Great!

The damping material has not been applied well on the outer panel - should have used a roller to press the sheet to the panel. Otherwise, the adhesive will gradually fail and the sheet will come off.

The install looks really good otherwise. Enjoy, @live2drive!

Congrats for the upgrades Abhinav.
Need to audition it again.
Obviously the weak part is the sub!

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitinralli (Post 1354674)
Where all did you got this applied? I mean front doors and did you get the boot done also? If so then how much in total did you pay for the damping?

Got the front doors and the doorpads damped. Paid around 2.8K.

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 1354846)
..true the HU gives the overall a very stock look. Great!

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 1354877)
The damping material has not been applied well on the outer panel - should have used a roller to press the sheet to the panel. Otherwise, the adhesive will gradually fail and the sheet will come off.

The install looks really good otherwise. Enjoy, @live2drive!

Thank you sir. I'll check that again with the installer. The pic shows damping in process. I forgot to click the final pic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1354940)
Congrats for the upgrades Abhinav.
Need to audition it again.
Obviously the weak part is the sub!

Cheers!

Thanks mate. Audition anytime. Yes the only weak part in the setup is the sub. agree:

nothing is weak if you like it.. keep enjoying the music, and upgrade the sub ONLY if you think its absolutely necessary!

Very true frank. Yes i like the sub. But it actually acts funny at times. The poor sub gets confused with two consecutive quick beats and ends up in an extended bass note. :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by live2drive (Post 1354994)
Very true frank. Yes i like the sub. But it actually acts funny at times. The poor sub gets confused with two consecutive quick beats and ends up in an extended bass note. :uncontrol

lol: Thats Why I am telling you to change the sub. The subwoofer is not controlled, Its just going BOOM BOOM BOOM

BTW gurus, The Box is a 2.15 Cu. FT one ported, Will changing the box help him?? I feel the box is very big for this particular subwoofer.

2.15 Cu. FT.
I think thats way too big.
Try something smaller.

Yes the box is indeed HUGE. 2.15 sq ft. Pic attached for reference.

Hyundai Verna ICED!-dscn0717.jpg

Gurus, will a sealed box help? Bass is li'l boomy now. Will a sealed box help to get tighter bass? Specs say 1.25 sq ft for a sealed box and 1.65 sq ft for a ported box.

Try both boxes according to the specs.

You might (not) need to upgrade the sub.

yep the sealed box would give you a tighter, cleaner bass.. refer to the maual and build a box as per specs!

Can anyone help me out with the dimensions of the 1.25 cu ft sealed box?