Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2009, 12:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Get the Moral's Dotech Ovation 6". A very sweet sounding components. Completely worth it no doubt on that.
If you Choose the Dotech Ovation you would need atleast 90-100RMS each to power them.
You can look at the Alpine V-power amp MRP-F600 which is a 100x4 Channel amp and can drive the sub with 300RMS under bridgemode. Alpine Vpower are great amp and are underrated. They definitely put out more than the specs.
Old 16th June 2009, 13:10   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Get the Moral's Dotech Ovation 6". A very sweet sounding components. Completely worth it no doubt on that.
If you Choose the Dotech Ovation you would need atleast 90-100RMS each to power them.
You can look at the Alpine V-power amp MRP-F600 which is a 100x4 Channel amp and can drive the sub with 300RMS under bridgemode. Alpine Vpower are great amp and are underrated. They definitely put out more than the specs.

Well i will be using 2 components both at rear n front

And i all ready have a mono with me , Alpine amps are under rated . Never used one also. I need an audition before i can say any thing about Dotech Ovation .
Old 16th June 2009, 14:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Cant say about the tempo series but the high end ones are amazing. I have heard the Supremos..They are awesome. Go for it..they are a very good brand.
SK sir, If you have heard Focal can you please give a brief comparison between the Morel and Focal ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
BTW rider 60 , morels tempo are decent components, i have heard them...

but do audition before buying !

But i say try JBL Power series or original focal polyglass
When can i audition Morel sirji ?
Old 16th June 2009, 15:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
SK sir, If you have heard Focal can you please give a brief comparison between the Morel and Focal ?

When can i audition Morel sirji ?
I picked my Morel's without even auditioning it. It's just the trust in brand.
But I knew of onething a lot of Morels are used in pro audio competition. Their Tweeters are famous for that along with their mids. Place them in off-axis or on-axis, one would wide dispersion of sound from them. Any of their Comps above their Tempo series is worth having it. Pulse Coax are great as well in clean mids and highs.
Old 16th June 2009, 19:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Cant say about the tempo series but the high end ones are amazing. I have heard the Supremos..They are awesome. Go for it..they are a very good brand.
Quote:
I have heard Morel tempos they are good with Off axis response, tweets sounds nice and detailed, the midbass gives a good decent bass, they don't have very strong bass response from the midbass, but if you looking for good strongs mids and detailed tweets. You can opt for the Morels. What type of music you listen to?

I am using Morel Hybrid Ovation 6" at present and just love every detail they produce, a very clean strong mids, and the midbass for it's smooth bass.
thanks for the inputs guys, like i already said i have no intention of parting with the JBL GTO 75.4, and that amp will power my speakers, hence the lookout for the morel tempo series.

now i have no clue which other components i can purchase if not morels that can be powered with this amp.

my budget was around 15K and i really really thought i would be able to get the illusion luccents and now to my bad luck they are out of stock and i intend to pick up some other brand in the same price range mates.

also i want to add, i picked up a set of JBL POWER series components three way for the car, i had no option except to get these from a dealer where my money was stuck, i am going all bonkers as i dont know the feasibility of installing these as the front sound stage, but as the rear fills the installation is that much easier.

#1.do let me know if the morel tempos can keep up with these 3-way compnents?
#2.also if the morel tempos dont suit for this combo then what are my other brand options? i am looking at components that are 2-way for the ease of installation in my budget of around 15K. and i am going to power these with the JBL GTO 75.4 amp only,

the ratings of this amp are 4X95W rms @4OHMS and 4X145W rms at 2OHMS.

thanks guys.
Old 17th June 2009, 00:42   #21
BHPian

may be you can look at the ID CTX comps.
Some one have auditioned it and had a good opinion about it.
There is also a thread on it.
Old 17th June 2009, 02:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

First of all which car you looking for to install?

Option A:
If you Stick with JBL 3 way in front, 1) You can mound midbass, mid and tweeter keep a distance upto 6" max between each one of them.
2) I am not sure what frequency they carry through the crossover, which would help to determine the placement. You can install the Midbass in doors and tweeter and mids on the A piller. This would require some fiberglass work, on pods.
3) Or midbass and mids close together and tweeter on A piller.
You may have to play around and see what position suits the best, if i were you I would mount the mids and tweeter on the A piller for better imaging, depending on the frequency they carry.
I noticed that they are having 2 ohm impedence, so make sure you set your gains low with these to start with as they will carry 145W each to them.

Option B:
You can sell them off, add some extra cash and get a good 2 way comps a 2 way coax at the rear. Morel, Rainbow, Illusion are all great. Morel has a more natural, less coloured sound to them. As I said their midrange and high frequency response and the softer midbass is the only reason I would pick these.

Option C:
You can also try Bull Audio comps, they are completely worth the money, and with balance money get an IDv3 or GZ sub or spend good amount deadening those doors to get better results with those midbass.

A 2 way comps is surely more easier but if placed the 3 way correctly they can add better soundstage. Usually 3 way works the best with active setup, but the passive with good amount of power and placement can deliver at it's best.

It would be helpful if you could also let us know what's your taste of music? What headunit you planning to use ?

Last edited by Invinsible : 17th June 2009 at 02:10.
Old 17th June 2009, 03:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First of all which car you looking for to install?

Option A:
If you Stick with JBL 3 way in front, 1) You can mound midbass, mid and tweeter keep a distance upto 6" max between each one of them.
2) I am not sure what frequency they carry through the crossover, which would help to determine the placement. You can install the Midbass in doors and tweeter and mids on the A piller. This would require some fiberglass work, on pods.
3) Or midbass and mids close together and tweeter on A piller.
You may have to play around and see what position suits the best, if i were you I would mount the mids and tweeter on the A piller for better imaging, depending on the frequency they carry.
I noticed that they are having 2 ohm impedence, so make sure you set your gains low with these to start with as they will carry 145W each to them.

Option B:
You can sell them off, add some extra cash and get a good 2 way comps a 2 way coax at the rear. Morel, Rainbow, Illusion are all great. Morel has a more natural, less coloured sound to them. As I said their midrange and high frequency response and the softer midbass is the only reason I would pick these.

Option C:
You can also try Bull Audio comps, they are completely worth the money, and with balance money get an IDv3 or GZ sub or spend good amount deadening those doors to get better results with those midbass.

A 2 way comps is surely more easier but if placed the 3 way correctly they can add better soundstage. Usually 3 way works the best with active setup, but the passive with good amount of power and placement can deliver at it's best.

It would be helpful if you could also let us know what's your taste of music? What headunit you planning to use ?
all out of the options you suggested i would like to keep the 3-ways i already have and would like to choose a powerful enough 2-way that would complement the 3-way i have.

as for the sub its mostly gonna be a IDQ or may be GZ if the budget becomes a concern by then.

i have a set of collection ranging from psychedelic Trance, bollywood, tollywood, House, POP and usually a mix of all these on a single disk.

as per my listening preferences i always like my bass tight and Hard hitting, i am by now used to these 607 gto's that is the bright highs, but then i think i could do better with a more sober, cleaner and harder sounding ones.

the current HU is the Eclipse CD 3100 and this my upgrade as of now and will stay in the car till it dies, i got rid of the pio ONLY because it died on me! dont ask me the prices and other details i just got a steal deal thats all i would say about the stonker(for me from pio 6850 this is just awesome stonker) and this sounded way better to me in comparison to the 9884/9887 on the JBL GTO 607 comps.
Old 17th June 2009, 04:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
all out of the options you suggested i would like to keep the 3-ways i already have and would like to choose a powerful enough 2-way that would complement the 3-way i have.

as for the sub its mostly gonna be a IDQ or may be GZ if the budget becomes a concern by then.

i have a set of collection ranging from psychedelic Trance, bollywood, tollywood, House, POP and usually a mix of all these on a single disk.

as per my listening preferences i always like my bass tight and Hard hitting, i am by now used to these 607 gto's that is the bright highs, but then i think i could do better with a more sober, cleaner and harder sounding ones.

the current HU is the Eclipse CD 3100 and this my upgrade as of now and will stay in the car till it dies, i got rid of the pio ONLY because it died on me! dont ask me the prices and other details i just got a steal deal thats all i would say about the stonker(for me from pio 6850 this is just awesome stonker) and this sounded way better to me in comparison to the 9884/9887 on the JBL GTO 607 comps.
Going with 2 way comps for the rear will pull the soundstage all to the rear. Stick to the 3 way in front and get a coax for the rear. Rear is just use for the filling to help lift the front soundstage.

Last edited by Invinsible : 17th June 2009 at 04:47.
Old 17th June 2009, 10:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

how is the Ultimo series of Subwoofer by Morel?
Old 17th June 2009, 10:59   #26
BHPian

@rider60 - Are you going to get these done in Chequered flag by any chance?.

Either way, let me know once everything is setup, I would like to audition your setup.
Old 17th June 2009, 13:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
how is the Ultimo series of Subwoofer by Morel?
Based on the review I have read on other forum. They are purely SQ subs. They deliver much tighter bass. The tonal quality, the kicks are good. It has character of being transparent meaning even while the sub is playing at the back one would feel that all the bass is coming from upfront/ from dash. The Ultimo is a rare design not seen often in car audio. Everything, from its carbon composite cone (with 5mm sunken strengthening ridge), to its massive 5.1 inch voice coil, is the ultimate in SQ subwoofer design… When powered via a serious amplifier (the voice coil is rated at 1000 watts continuous at 4 ohms) the subwoofer exerts superb control over everything south of one hundred Hertz. It can go quite loud when pushed too, but the Ultimo is primarily designed to produce low frequencies with an accuracy and fidelity not heard before.
Old 17th June 2009, 14:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Going with 2 way comps for the rear will pull the soundstage all to the rear. ... Rear is just use for the filling to help lift the front soundstage.
No, it won't if one properly tunes the front and rear signal levels. Image is all relative with the ear sensing relative loudness of the signals. To a rear seat passenger, the rear components will create a separate image. Good tuning is all about ensuring that interference is kept to a minimum.

Quote:
... They deliver much tighter bass. The tonal quality, the kicks are good. It has character of being transparent meaning even while the sub is playing at the back one would feel that all the bass is coming from upfront/ from dash. .... the Ultimo is primarily designed to produce low frequencies with an accuracy and fidelity not heard before.
Very artistically written piece - sounds right out of the brochure of the sub, not out of a review. Never knew transparency meant that!

I thought any sub can be made to sound upfront - "integration with front stage" - by manipulating the relative phase of the low f part (either by wiring it reverse, positioning the sub box correctly, or by TA of some kind). I may be completely wrong - I learn a new thing every day!!!
Old 17th June 2009, 15:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

No DerAlte Ji you are quite right.
Old 17th June 2009, 15:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
@rider60 - Are you going to get these done in Chequered flag by any chance?.

Either way, let me know once everything is setup, I would like to audition your setup.
nope this will either be a Complete DIY or i will visit bangy for the same, when all this is done i will give you a shout.

Edit: well i guess i will have to settle for the three ways for now, the present front 607 components will be by rear fills. Dont have enough for the Mono and sub, so lets see.

Last edited by rider60 : 17th June 2009 at 15:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks