Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 11:33   #1
BHPian

Where to ICE a Punto in Pune?

I will be booking a Punto shortly.

What I understand:

1. I have confirmed from the sales guy that the system in the Punto (just like the linea) does not have any preouts.
2. I have been reading some posts in this section warning about how risky it is to actually change the stock system / add amplifiers etc in a FIAT.
3. I dint quite like how the stock system sounds.

What I would like to do:

1. I would be booking the Emotion PACK so I don't want to change the existing system.
2. As suggested in some other posts, I would like to install an AMP that has High Level Line inputs (to which I can directly connect the wires running to the speakers)
3. I would not be that keen on adding a SUB immediately. Maybe later...
4. I would like to change all 6 speakers.
5. My budget: 30000Rs

Could someone recommend a good installer in Pune? (specially considering that everyone seems to agree that IC'ing a FIAT needs to be done very carefully)

Any suggestions on the setup would be appreciated.

BTW: the only speakers I have ever heard are pioneers and JBL with the matching head units.. How do the Boston Acoustics stack up to these?

Thank is Advance!
Old 28th June 2009, 18:52   #2
BHPian

Have heard the BA components but on a setup that is powered by good amps and sweet HUs. They sound good (subjective and relative).

About the electrical bit being tricky; Initially I thought its tricky as well, but since a Hu is not being changed, a good competent installer should not have issues on that front as I think one has to ensure that he/she only connects the speaker wires to the line level inputs of the amp and nothing else off the HU. I don't see how they could mess this up. The power wire and grounding for the amp is like any other install so that too shouldn't be difficult.

Correct me if I'm wrong gurus and excuse my ignorance, would help me avoid a few mishaps and money

Last edited by pranava999 : 28th June 2009 at 19:00.
Old 30th June 2009, 10:41   #3
BHPian

Can I have some updates on where I could audition these speakers in Pune?
Old 30th June 2009, 11:20   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
[/u]1. I would be booking the Emotion PACK so I don't want to change the existing system.
2. As suggested in some other posts, I would like to install an AMP that has High Level Line inputs (to which I can directly connect the wires running to the speakers)
3. I would not be that keen on adding a SUB immediately. Maybe later...
4. I would like to change all 6 speakers.
5. My budget: 30000Rs!
The first thing you should do is listen to a few brands and cars and let us know what your preferences are.
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The first thing you should do is listen to a few brands and cars and let us know what your preferences are.

Yes i surely intend to do just that this weekend. Was just hoping someone could recommend which shops / installers in Pune I should check out.

The places I have gone to just have Sonys and Pioneers.
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:28   #6
BHPian

Start by using thess threads as a guide:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ller-pune.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...able-pune.html

I personally have used Poona Motors and have been very happy with their work
Old 22nd August 2009, 13:58   #7
BHPian

Ok... After a long wait ive finally got my car and now it's ICE time!

Went to Bafna Car with a friend last night and had a look at the VIBE speakers. Specifically the QB69 rectangular speakers and the Black AIR 6 Components.

Also had a look at the FOCAL K2Power series components for the front. After all this, I went back to my friends house and listened to the JBL Power series running on a Harmon Kardon Amp in his Accord and liked them quite a bit. For about 8K they are a good 7K cheaper than the equivalent VIBES.

Here are the prices I got.

VIBE QB69 - 18000
VIBE Black Air 6 Components - 15000
VIBE Amp - CAS AB.1.0.7 - 15000
Focal K2 Power components- 17000.

Now I am on a tight budget so I will have to do this in stages. Probably an AMP and the front stage first and then the rear stage at a later point. Not really convinced on a SUB.

Question is, is it worth it spending this premium for the VIBE and FOCAL speakers as apposed to going for the JBL power series? I know the sky is the limit but i really need to be practical here. Some help please.

Last edited by Crimson : 22nd August 2009 at 14:00.
Old 22nd August 2009, 14:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
Ok... After a long wait ive finally got my car and now it's ICE time!

Went to Bafna Car with a friend last night and had a look at the VIBE speakers. Specifically the QB69 rectangular speakers and the Black AIR 6 Components.

Also had a look at the FOCAL K2Power series components for the front. After all this, I went back to my friends house and listened to the JBL Power series running on a Harmon Kardon Amp in his Accord and liked them quite a bit. For about 8K they are a good 7K cheaper than the equivalent VIBES.

Here are the prices I got.

VIBE QB69 - 18000
VIBE Black Air 6 Components - 15000
VIBE Amp - CAS AB.1.0.7 - 15000
Focal K2 Power components- 17000.

Now I am on a tight budget so I will have to do this in stages. Probably an AMP and the front stage first and then the rear stage at a later point. Not really convinced on a SUB.

Question is, is it worth it spending this premium for the VIBE and FOCAL speakers as apposed to going for the JBL power series? I know the sky is the limit but i really need to be practical here. Some help please.
If you like JBL then stick with them. Its all about personal taste

BTW Focal K2 @ 17k seems to be fake, so beware.
Old 22nd August 2009, 14:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

The Vibe and Focal do seem a bit doubtful.
I'd say if you like the power series, go for them.
Old 22nd August 2009, 15:32   #10
BHPian

Poona Motors is a good option.
If I may,
Why not go for this combo,

Illusion Electra/Infinity Ref/ Comps upfront
4 CH amp from JBL/Blaupunkt/Alpine/GZ etc.
GZ Sub

You will end up saving money and I feel such a setup would sound very nice.
Old 22nd August 2009, 15:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

Infinity kappa are good too .
And are about 17500 or something i guess.

Heard they are good too.
Illusion Luccents are also up for sale on the classifieds.
Really amazing components and the price at which they are posted, is a very tempting one too.
Have a look at them too.
Old 22nd August 2009, 18:54   #12
BHPian

@abhibh, abhinav.gupta88
Why do you feel the FOCAL / VIBE are fake? Are you saying the quoted prices are too less?

Also, I hve been told that the illusions & HERTZ available in Inida are the lower end ones to specifically cater for the Asian market. Where as the VIBES & FOCAL are the HIGH end ones being sold abroad too. Thats why I wanted to avoid them. Is this information incorrect?
Old 22nd August 2009, 19:08   #13
BHPian

Yes that information is incorrect.
As far as illusion products are concerned, right from their basic electra series till their top of the line carbon series are readily available here.
As for Hertz, even their high end products are available.
As for the fakes, yes its a fact that there have been lot of fake Focals floating in the market. You might want to be careful if you are thinking of Focal.
Old 22nd August 2009, 19:28   #14
BHPian

Hmmm... Now trying to be a bit more practical, how about this.

1. JBL P660C for the front
2. Some 6x9 set for the rear (This way I can remove the need for a SUB) Power Series again? Need suggestions.
3. A descent 4 channel amp. It just has to be something without any hissing at all. I just hate the hiss. Need Suggestions.

If its becoming too expensive then I might just go for a good 4 channel amp and either the front or rear stage immediately and the other stage after a while. What say?
Old 22nd August 2009, 22:15   #15
BHPian

The Power series compos you are talking about is the 6560c.I have enjoyed every type of music with them.For rear speakers you can consider the JBL P963,pretty decent speakers.The 1004 is a very good amp to drive these speakers, me and my friend both are running the compos of the 1004.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks