Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 01:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

@docg: which focal amps have you installed?
Would be very interesting to see some of your installs in the Installer Showoff Section. Since you are new at the business, it would be a good start to endorse many of the 5 star installs you have already done.
We would be honoured to see some photos and some hardcore information! Would love to appreciate your star-studded installs man!
Old 16th July 2009, 10:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

^^ x2. @docg, please put them up in the Installers' Showcase. Otherwise, we will have to assume that these were 'virtual' installs!

Last edited by DerAlte : 16th July 2009 at 10:40.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Would be very interesting to see some of your installs in the Installer Showoff Section. Since you are new at the business, it would be a good start to endorse many of the 5 star installs you have already done.
We would be honoured to see some photos and some hardcore information! Would love to appreciate your star-studded installs man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
^^ x2. @docg, please put them up in the Installers' Showcase. Otherwise, we will have to assume that these were 'virtual' installs!
They're coming. Get ready for a slew of posts in the show off section, I'm just delaying it to start the myriad of posts with that of my car, a true SQ demon.

Franky, I am new to the business. The company is not. We've been around 20 years, and the guy who started it all is an IASCA certified installer. So yeah just wait about a week more, damn rains are causing too many delays.

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th July 2009 at 14:48. Reason: Lets stay on topic. Post such product details only in the showoff section. Thanks
Old 16th July 2009, 13:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
... he's throwing away his other amps in favour of 2 new focals. ...
There is a Gifting thread on TBHP!
Old 16th July 2009, 13:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
There is a Gifting thread on TBHP!
Haha sorry but he's selling them, having a passion for ICE just costs way too much .

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th July 2009 at 14:46. Reason: Lets stay on topic. Post details only in the showoff section. Thanks
Old 18th July 2009, 00:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Quote:
I don't want to start another thread about this as it's not a show off as yet.

The amp is a Focal Solid 1 mono. 300 W RMS @ 4 ohm. Please for any other details PM.

**I apologize for poor pic quality, but this is the best my N95 could do in the evening.
Attached Thumbnails
New Honda City high end upgrade-16072009833.jpg  

Old 18th July 2009, 10:25   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't want to start another thread about this as it's not a show off as yet.

The amp is a Focal Solid 1 mono. 300 W RMS @ 4 ohm. Please for any other details PM.

**I apologize for poor pic quality, but this is the best my N95 could do in the evening.
How old is this amp. It looks to me that 2 screws on the top row are missing.
Old 18th July 2009, 11:08   #23
BHPian

[quote=DocG;1386854] and the guy who started it all is an IASCA certified installer. quote]

To my knowledge IASCA doesnt certify installers... only judges... so i really cant undestand what a IASCA certified installer is
Old 18th July 2009, 11:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Yes they are.
Nice Find

[quote=sk456;1389827][quote=DocG;1386854] and the guy who started it all is an IASCA certified installer.
Quote:

To my knowledge IASCA doesnt certify installers... only judges... so i really cant undestand what a IASCA certified installer is
Exactly
IASCA Certified Judges - IASCA
Old 18th July 2009, 13:21   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Yes they are.
Nice Find
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
WRT to the screws, they are most definitely there, the amp was being remounted, as some luggage in the trunk compartment of the swift played havoc. The pic was taken during that process. The car is a work in progress as the owner is arranging funds, and our workshop is completely full. (Hence not in the showcase section)

WRT to the IASCA certification, IASCA holds a course for installers, and few are sponsored by companies to attend. The course covers many aspects of installations, matching products, physics etc. At the completion of this course, a certificate is issued to indicate that the installer is amongst the best trained. (IASCA trained) Most people who attend this course drop out, as it is rigorous and demanding, and many installers in India don't see what value this could add to their business.

Last edited by DocG : 18th July 2009 at 13:29.
Old 19th July 2009, 12:40   #26
BHPian

the focal amp jus didnt do it for me it was nearly the same price as the eclipse but didnt look the part.
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:30   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
i had a question...on the new honda city i want to upgrade the sound system.... i want to retain the orignal head unit but want to upgrade the 4 speakers and do not want a woofer but will put a 4 channel amp and also dynamt the doors....cost is very flexible but it must be pounding for hip hop and trance music. pls guide me to upto rs.20k, 50k, 70k options
I have a similar query. I am not satisfied with the stock Mitsubushi speakers and wish to upgrade while retaining the HU.

My budget is undecided but will in probability not exceed 40k. I wouldn't mind going with Clarion or JBL or JVC equipment as I get discounts on them.

I am not a big fan of waking up a sound system that wakes up the neighbourhood nor a big bass freak, so not sure if I should go in for a sub ? I have a 8 speaker setup in mind : 2 tweeters at front (pics attached), 4 speakers for the 4 doors and 2 speakers at the back tray.

Please guide.
Attached Thumbnails
New Honda City high end upgrade-anhc-tw2.jpg  

New Honda City high end upgrade-anhc-tw1.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2009, 12:11   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
WRT to the screws, they are most definitely there, the amp was being remounted,
The missing screws have no reason to be removed for remounting. Anyway that is another story. Just want you to know that if the amp has been damaged and repaired (that is why one would remove those screws) you should be aware of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh_dfi View Post
I am not a big fan of waking up a sound system that wakes up the neighbourhood nor a big bass freak, so not sure if I should go in for a sub ? I have a 8 speaker setup in mind : 2 tweeters at front (pics attached), 4 speakers for the 4 doors and 2 speakers at the back tray.
A sub will make your midbass sound cleaner as it wont have as much work to do and the sub will go lower than your midbass can go. BTW you do not need the 2 speakers in the back tray. It will only muddy the image.
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:50   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh_dfi View Post
I have a similar query. I am not satisfied with the stock Mitsubushi speakers and wish to upgrade while retaining the HU.

My budget is undecided but will in probability not exceed 40k. I wouldn't mind going with Clarion or JBL or JVC equipment as I get discounts on them.

Please guide.
In the same boat except for the minor difference that I already have an Infinity 5350 5 channel amp and a Blaupunkt Odwa subwoofer(From my older car). Don't want to disturb the HU. But the folks I have taken for install told me that the HU does not have the pre-amps and hence cannot be used with my amp..

Is this true?
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:49   #30
BHPian

Quote:
A sub will make your midbass sound cleaner as it wont have as much work to do and the sub will go lower than your midbass can go. BTW you do not need the 2 speakers in the back tray. It will only muddy the image.
Navin,

Which configuration would you suggest considering my situation ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devakj View Post
In the same boat except for the minor difference that I already have an Infinity 5350 5 channel amp and a Blaupunkt Odwa subwoofer(From my older car). Don't want to disturb the HU. But the folks I have taken for install told me that the HU does not have the pre-amps and hence cannot be used with my amp..
Is this true?
this would be very unfortunate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks