Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 01:23   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The missing screws have no reason to be removed for remounting. Anyway that is another story. Just want you to know that if the amp has been damaged and repaired (that is why one would remove those screws) you should be aware of it.
Sirji I'm still very much a n00b in that sense. I know that the screws are there now, perhaps they were removed to see amp guts? haha.

But the car is back in the garage for an upgrade, 2 more Focal amps are going in.
But all this is for another thread no? I will start a show off for that too. My car just got done, too busy driving and enjoying ICE to click more photos and start a thread .

Cheers
Old 23rd July 2009, 11:32   #32
Team-BHP Support

Singh, I think I was talking of your install when I said that you could replace the rear speakers with a sub and amp.
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devakj View Post
... But the folks I have taken for install told me that the HU does not have the pre-amps and hence cannot be used with my amp ...
No, one can always use a speaker level converter and use an amp (the 5350 does not have it built-in, but a lot of other ones have). These are small add-on boxes which allow one to hook up to the speaker outputs of the HU and convert the signal to feed RCA plugs. They are available off-the-shelf.

Kochi has many decent installers - check with someone else, they will do the job.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Singh, I think I was talking of your install when I said that you could replace the rear speakers with a sub and amp.
Much thanks, Navin.

I will do some asking and research and then seek advice on model choices.
Old 29th July 2009, 10:12   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
No, one can always use a speaker level converter and use an amp (the 5350 does not have it built-in, but a lot of other ones have). These are small add-on boxes which allow one to hook up to the speaker outputs of the HU and convert the signal to feed RCA plugs. They are available off-the-shelf.

Kochi has many decent installers - check with someone else, they will do the job.
Thank You Der Alte. Any installer you would care to recommend? The only one I jabe previously used(Stereophonic something) was busy figuring out how to get more money out of my pocket and into his. (He quoted the cables used for my installation to be several times more expensive than they actually were. He was unaware that I had given the installer a ride to go and actually buy the same from another shop as they had ran out of it)..
Old 29th July 2009, 11:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Now where have the Kochi members vanished?!

@devakj, the best guy to ask about installers in Kochi is the right venerable Mr. Ashok-mon from Hydr (@hydrashok). Get an audition in his car, even if it is raining cats and dogs in Kochi and the roads are flooded. Just don't ask embarrasiing questions like how much has he spent on his ICE or where is Hydr.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks