Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 09:19   #46
Joy
BHPian

Thanks mithun, I also thought so but needed an expert opinion. Anyway, one more question, if you had to choose between Hertz and Polk, what would you choose?

Also, if you can suggest some speakers for front and rear, it would be a great help for all of us.

Thanks in advance.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:06   #47
BANNED

Watching this thread. Might need same input in near future . - in pune :-)
Old 31st August 2009, 10:27   #48
Senior - BHPian

I would choose hertz - since thats what I have, and its a choice i would make every time
Old 31st August 2009, 22:02   #49
Joy
BHPian

@greenhorn Thanks.

Can spark be fitted with 2 din HU? If yes, what is the approx. price difference from 1 din? Sorry to bother you guys but I am exploring different options.

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:11   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
@greenhorn Thanks.

Can spark be fitted with 2 din HU? If yes, what is the approx. price difference from 1 din? Sorry to bother you guys but I am exploring different options.

Thanks in advance.
Yes it can. A decent 2 din HU should cost you approximately Rs. 10,000 vs. Rs. 6,000 for a decent single din HU. The exact price difference will vary by model though.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:56   #51
Senior - BHPian

buy a 2 DIN HU only if bling/Video is a priority. For better sound quality, invest in a single DIN HU
Old 1st September 2009, 23:06   #52
Joy
BHPian

Thanks @CarsPG, greenhorn.

I am clearly looking for sound clarity (not boom boom). Any suggestion regarding HU in 7-10k? Also should I go for the speaker setup mention in post#2 in this thread or are there other better alternatives available.

IMO 2 din looks neat in the dash. Don't know about the sound quality though. You guys are much more experienced than I am to guide me in correct lane.

Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:17   #53
Senior - BHPian

@Joy (what a wonderful happy name!), a Pio 6050 (I think), Sony or Kenwood 2DIN HU will cost 10-12K. Sound quality will be at par with equivalent 1DIN units costing about 4-5K less. You need to go around and ask for availability. Also, it is better to first check what speakers are available in the market and then ask for opinions. Ask for component speakers for the front and coaxials for rear. If Spark has 4" stock mounting in front, check with @bass&trouble for the Illusion 4" components.

The best method is to audition the speakers in cars and then deciding for yourself which sounds the best for you.
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:37   #54
Joy
BHPian

@DerAlte - Thanks.

Will check the availability of products and get back.

Thanks once again for clearing my doubts.
Old 7th September 2009, 11:11   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
@greenhorn Thanks.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have a 2 DIN Sony WX-GT77U in my SPARK. The unit mrp is around 13k , but you should get it around 11-12k in a local market - with bill. I have 450 watts JBL speakers at the back and 2 sony xlpod cup speakers at the front. The overall effect is extremely good (I had a single din pioneer HU and JBL in my previous car, but the 2 DINN gives much better quality - specially on Pen Drive songs and CD player..
Have Fun...

Vizz

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th September 2009 at 12:03. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 7th September 2009, 12:20   #56
BANNED

My experiance says its otherway round.Double din players are good for looks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
The overall effect is extremely good (I had a single din pioneer HU and JBL in my previous car, but the 2 DINN gives much better quality - specially on Pen Drive songs and CD player..
Have Fun...

Vizz
Old 12th September 2009, 15:57   #57
BHPian

I am more than satisfied with the Illusion 4.1 Components in my Alto.
I have auditioned Blaupunkt/Sony/Pioneer 4" co-axials in the front and the difference in sound quality with components is huge. But I will surely suggest that one opts for rear-coaxials too as 4 inch comps are not capable of producing sufficient mid-bass.

@CarsPG, I'll try to post a few pics of tweeter installment in my car. The swivel mounts with the Illusion comps really help.
Old 14th September 2009, 22:10   #58
Joy
BHPian

Is there any other way to fit rear speaker in spark other than rear parcel tray without compromising much on SQ? I don't want to loose too much rear boot space.

Any suggestion will be welcome.

Thanks.
Old 21st September 2009, 10:59   #59
BHPian

I finally got my ICE done.

Pio 3190 HU
4.1 Illusion Comps
Internal Antenna

Cost me Rs. 11,500 including wiring & installation. Also got Autocop XS 2500 central locking installed. That cost me Rs. 3,500. All products are with bill and warranty.

Paid Rs. 14,800 in all after a Rs. 200 discount.

Haven't really had a chance to listen to test the ICE yet. Will post some reviews once I get to listen to the system.

thelord - Please do post some pictures. I've mounted the tweeters on the dashboard itself near the speakers.
Old 21st September 2009, 11:05   #60
Senior - BHPian

carsPG, thats why i recommended the coax. if the tweeters are mounted near the mids, then its not too different from a coax setup

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks