Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 16:26   #31
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Picked up the Jabra SP 700 today from Alfa at Irla, Mumbai today for Rs. 3200 - No bill, no warranty.
Old 13th November 2009, 17:11   #32
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Am trying to see if it pairs to two phones at the same time.

Not mentioned on the preso or pack.
Old 13th November 2009, 17:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

Is there a way to make the SP700 announce the caller name rather than the number? The number announcement is hardly useful, especially while driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Am trying to see if it pairs to two phones at the same time.

Not mentioned on the preso or pack.
It does. Thats the beauty of this product. It will keep 2 (or more) paired phones stored in the memory. So whenever you enter the car with the Bluetooth of the phone switched on, it connects automatically.

However, (obviously) you cannot use both phones simultaneously.

Last edited by bblost : 16th November 2009 at 00:20. Reason: back 2 back posts, use edit when posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 14th November 2009, 20:41   #34
BHPian

where do i get this SP700 in chennai any one please help me urgently
Old 15th November 2009, 13:04   #35
BHPian

Any one there to guide me where i can get this Jabra SP700 in chennai, Croma in chennai don't have this model is there any other place i can try out, thank you in advance.
Old 15th November 2009, 22:46   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
It does. Thats the beauty of this product. It will keep 2 (or more) paired phones stored in the memory.
So my wife and i can share a Jabra this is cool.

really wish it had a way to reject calls.
Old 16th November 2009, 16:50   #37
BHPian

Some one who can help me buy this jabra in chennai will be suitably rewarded with lot of thanks and a hug
Old 16th November 2009, 17:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
where do i get this SP700 in chennai any one please help me urgently
Quote:
Any one there to guide me where i can get this Jabra SP700 in chennai, Croma in chennai don't have this model is there any other place i can try out, thank you in advance.
Quote:
Some one who can help me buy this jabra in chennai will be suitably rewarded with lot of thanks and a hug
Sir, if you are not getting it offline, why not hunt for it online?

Here are some links for you
Global Easy Buy

Global Easy Buy

eBay India: Brand New Jabra SP700 Bluetooth Car Speakerphone sp700 (item 260506131733 end time 20-Nov-2009 16:26:20 IST)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
So my wife and i can share a Jabra this is cool.

really wish it had a way to reject calls.
Yes, that was another reason why I got this device. Keep it in the car and me/wife can use it - depending on who's driving.

I think there is a function to reject calls directly on the unit (is it a double press? - let me check today and get back).
Old 17th November 2009, 10:41   #39
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Is there a way to make the SP700 announce the caller name rather than the number? The number announcement is hardly useful, especially while driving.

It does. Thats the beauty of this product. It will keep 2 (or more) paired phones stored in the memory. So whenever you enter the car with the Bluetooth of the phone switched on, it connects automatically.

However, (obviously) you cannot use both phones simultaneously.
But will it pair with both my phones and then answer the call of either one when it receives a call? Or will it choose to recongnize just one of the two.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
But will it pair with both my phones and then answer the call of either one when it receives a call? Or will it choose to recongnize just one of the two.
At one time, it will connect to only one phone. Hence you can use only 1 phone at a time.

However, it can store two (or maybe more - I havent tried) paired phones in its device memory. AFAIK, other bluetooth headsets/devices require you to unpair the first device before pairing another device.
Old 24th November 2009, 15:00   #41
BHPian

Next best to "Blue & Me"? Check this out...

Here is what I have chanced upon:

Parrot CK3100: Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth Car Kit - £0.00 : Car Communications, Nationwide hands free car kits - mobile phone car kit installation service - hands free kit. Vehicle tracking systems gps bluetooth hands free kits

Main features (copied from the link given above):

• Echo cancellation, noise reduction
• Voice recognition dialing
• Volume control
• Dual call
• Auto connect on incoming call
• Dialing with numbers
• Caller ID
• Displays carrier name
• Network signal strength
• Pick-up and hang-up
• Scroll button = sound level
• Extension with new voice tags (up to 200)
• User connection priority management (up to 5 users)
• Phonebook synchronization

It can be integrated with the audio setup of the car and there are optional steering wheel controls as well.

Here an Indian distributor for this:
IDLPDL Introduces Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth Car Kit in India

Way pricey though!

Cheers
Pratim
Old 24th November 2009, 22:57   #42
BHPian

I think its quite unsafe to have to perform so many steps before you can answer a call. I started using a Bluetooth head unit about a year back (its a Pioneer double din.. forget the model number), and its a much more seamless process. To answer a call you just have to press one button on the HU. Ditto to reject a call or to hang up a call. In fact, there is also an 'auto-answer' option by which you dont have to press a single button to receive an incoming call.

Making a call is slightly more involved, but you can call the last dialed number after about three button presses on the HU. Sound comes through the speakers and incoming calls will pause whatever you are currently listening to. It will even pause music playing from my iPhone (which is either plugged in through the USB connector or playing wirelessly over Bluetooth) to receive a call on the same device. Sound quality is excellent, with no echo and nobody has ever guessed that they are on speakerphone or talking to somebody who is driving.

I would highly recommend getting an HU with integrated bluetooth if you plan to use your phone while driving.

I understand that this is illegal, but so is driving above 50 km/h on the Western Express Highway in Bombay, or above 80 km/h on the Bombay - Pune Expressway, or installing a free-flow exhaust, or a whole host of other unreasonable things. Its certainly safer than the guy who overtook me this morning while riding his scooter with one hand and holding his phone with the other.
Old 25th November 2009, 08:15   #43
Senior - BHPian

I have bought a reasonably cheap nokia BT kit CK20W from US ($60-$65, I paid little more). It has following advantages over various other speaker phone options-

1. Gets power directly from car's battery, no issue of charging the kit itself and battery life.
2. Supports automatic mute of whatever you might be playing and changing the input source to AUX in, when call comes, provided you HU has a mute input. So, no fiddling with any HU buttons.
3. Supports sound through it's own speaker as well as AUX in of HU.
4. Separate mic which can be mounted at the best location (A pillar or near RVM so that other passengers can also join the call if needed. Very good echo cancellation and voice clarity.
5. A2DP music streaming with excellent SQ through stereo AUX in, I am sure you can not get that with FM (not to mention, also tedious manual switching required for FM).
6. A separate input unit with a few keys for taking, rejecting, muting, volume control, starting a connected music player etc.
7. I think it remembers up to 7 different phones, but only one phone plus one music player can be active at a time. Automatically connects to the last phone used. Connection to music player is manual, as it should be!
8. It can charge any nokia phone, very useful if you use nokia phones (both me and my wife use nokia).
8. Redial of last number with double click of a button on it's input unit, which can be mounted near steering, easier than operating HU.
9. Voice dialing possible, if your phone supports it.

Down sides:
1. Installation is relatively complex, though it is just one time affair.
2. There is a serious bug in this model due to which call transfer to AUX line does not work fine on some kits! Mine is buggy too!! But not a big deal since you can keep it's own speaker, while muting of music system happens properly. Good thing is that there is no such issue for A2DP music, which plays through HU with high quality as mentioned earlier.
3. No caller ID, either visually or audibly (you need to pay much more $$ to get that). Personally, I don't find it as necessary as other features.
4. Voice dialing on my phone is not reliable enough to be practically useful. I believe this is my phone's limitation rather than the kits (recognition is done by the phone, kit just facilitates that through wireless BT)
5. It has another (less severe) issue of skipping a small initial portion of an incoming call, usually ringing (BT delay??). Therefore I can not put my phone in auto answer mode, because in that case it would pick a call after 5 seconds or so, which is not enough for the kit. If the phone allowed longer programmable delay for auto answering, then I would have done that. Right now I answer it manually when ringing sound starts (a few seconds later than 5 sec mark!) by pressing a button.

Another contender was a Parrot Evolution model with it's OWN voice recognition for dialing and some basic commands, as well as audible caller ID. But I preferred A2DP and built in phone charging of Nokia, and wanted to avoid phone book sync'ing with Parrot kit which is a requirement for using it's advanced voice features.
Old 25th November 2009, 17:55   #44
BHPian

One interesting dilemma:

Let's assume that I have a bluetooth car kit like "Blue & Me" and I have joined in a conference using this, while my hands are on the wheel and eye are on the road. So, for all practical purposes, it's like "talking" , like talking to a fellow passenger in the car.

Now I read that even solutions like "Blue & Me" are illegal (!). So, by extending the logic, is "talking" to fellow passengers illegal? And how the hell the traffic cop will figure out if I am talking in virtual world and real world? Are we supposed to drive with mouth taped?
Old 25th November 2009, 19:55   #45
Senior - BHPian

I am not so sure, but yes, driver is not supposed to talk to other passengers while driving! I think anybody would agree on the fact that talking does lead to mental distraction from the act of driving. IMHO, co-passengers would be much more sensible while talking to driver because they would be aware of traffic condition and your mood etc., whereas person on the other end of the call may not even know that you are on road. I wish there was a way to automatically keep the caller informed that you are talking to a person in the driver's seat! (Simple work around may be using an appropriate caller-tone)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks