Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 03:55   #46

Thanks

Roms,
After reading this thread i also bought Jabra SP700. I really liked the product.
I got it for ~40$(including shipping), ordered from ebay in US and received just minutes before departure from US to 'swadesh'.
Old 24th December 2009, 14:25   #47
BHPian

I intend to get this, and, have a couple of questions:
- I assume that if I pair it with my cell once, whenever I enter the car with the BT switched on my phone, the device would auto-pair.
- When you use it in FM mode, does it *remember* the frequency at which it worked last time, so that I don't have to do the manual tuning of my car-HU everytime I intend to use the FM mode.
- In FM mode, does the unit give any alert when there is an incoming call. Let's say I've put this unit on FM mode, and for some reason have put my car stereo on mute, would I miss a call?
Old 24th December 2009, 23:32   #48
Team-BHP Support

su47,
i have the 700 in my cars (one for each car). it auto pairs with either my phone (Sony G900) or my wife's phone (Nokia N96). Since we dont use FM I cant tell how teh FM part works but the auto pair works pretty well.

as for FM the jabra unit has a prefixed frequency it announces and you have to set your HU's tuner to that frequency to get it to work.

as for call alerts I dont know. of you are listening to CD for exmaple the jabra's speaker might not be heard over the CD's din.
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:12   #49
BHPian

I had been to Reliance Digital the other day to buy this Jabra SP700. It costs about Rs 5000.
I wanted to see if there is any other cheaper alternative. They had a product called Nolan
It looks cool. Kind of a playstation joystick with two small speakers on either side of the unit.
Sound was good too. This is imported and sold by Reliance digital. The product though is made
in China. It costs Rs 1900.

Any one using it here?. Any reviews?.

I think it needs to be placed on the dash though. I am not sure if it can be hung from the
sun visor. I am sure it weighs more than the Jabra.

Last edited by drvhplyevraftr : 22nd February 2010 at 14:16.
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:23   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
su47,
i have the 700 in my cars (one for each car). it auto pairs with either my phone (Sony G900) or my wife's phone (Nokia N96). Since we dont use FM I cant tell how teh FM part works but the auto pair works pretty well.

Most high end Sony/ Nokia/ BB now come with Auto pair feature. I use my Sony P1i & BB 8900 to connect to a China made " Enter" Bluetooth it also auto pairs
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:43   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been using the Seecode Vision bluetooth unit for the past 18 months. I bought this unit from Germany for approx Rs. 3500/-

Works brilliantly. Features:
- Battery life outstanding!
- Charges with regular usb cable
- Can play music from phone.
- has a line out as well as a headphone out
- Variety of attachment mounts
- Very loud built in speaker
- Auto connect
- Pairs upto 10 phones including my iphone
- Says the name of caller or number
- Syncs and stores upto 500numbers
- Missed call, last call, etc features

Highly recommended!

EDIT: See their website. A lot of new products launched. The best one is the steering mounted bluetooth.
www.seecode.de
Select english language.
Attached Thumbnails
Whats the next best thing after Blue & Me? ... Try the Jabra SP700-bluetooth.jpg  

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 22nd February 2010 at 14:45. Reason: See edit
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:50   #52
BHPian

I personally use Sony Ericsson HCB-105,

I paid 3K for it from Dubai a year ago.
Old 12th March 2010, 11:21   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
I had been to Reliance Digital the other day to buy this Jabra SP700. It costs about Rs 5000.
I wanted to see if there is any other cheaper alternative. They had a product called Nolan
It looks cool. Kind of a playstation joystick with two small speakers on either side of the unit.
Sound was good too. This is imported and sold by Reliance digital. The product though is made
in China. It costs Rs 1900.

Any one using it here?. Any reviews?.

I think it needs to be placed on the dash though. I am not sure if it can be hung from the
sun visor. I am sure it weighs more than the Jabra.

I had been to Reliance Digital yesterday again and wanted to check this out.
The price has been now reduced to 1500. I tried to pair with my Asus 527.
It got paired without any issues. Music streaming with bluetooth is good and it
gets very loud. However the same cannot be said for voice calls. Sound is feeble
even at the highest of volumes (both the phone and at the Nolan device).

Here is a list of problems:
The device does not announce the calling number. There is no option to mount it
on the visor either. I wanted to test the auto pairing. So I switched off the bluetooth
on my phone and switched it on again. The devices did not auto pair for the first time.
However they got connected on the next attempt. However soon after they got connected,
my phone hung (which has never happened when auto pairing with my AVX 44). I restarted
my phone and paired with the Nolan device. This time I tried making a call to my phone,
the Nolan makes a beep sound but after I pressed the answer key on the phone, the voice
started coming through the phone and not the bluetooth device. The icons on my phone
shows that bluetooth is ON and is still connected to the Nolan device.

Anyways with some many problems it is obvious to not go for it. The SP700 still costs
Rs 5000 in Reliance digital. I will have to wait until some one comes from the US.

Last edited by drvhplyevraftr : 12th March 2010 at 11:23.
Old 12th March 2010, 12:03   #54
BHPian

Here is a link to the above said product:

Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Music Speaker Stereo Multimedia - CHAATAK INDIA Represent Bluetooth Products - HEAD SETS, STEREO MULTIMEDIA, VOIP, GPS, Represented by CHAATAK INDIA, Deals in Mobile, IT Prodcuts, India
Old 5th April 2010, 16:09   #55
BHPian

I want to buy this bluetooth Car Speaker Phone, and want to buy Jabra SP-700, Nokia HF-510 or Blackberry VM-605 (one from this list). The problem is, can't find a store a Bangalore who sell this. In one Nokia store, I found Nokia HF-200, but I want one of the above. Any idea where in Bangalore I can pick one of these? I am finding options in ebay, but not very comfortable. I saw various offers for Jabra SP-700 ranging from Rs.4000 to Rs.5500 (for brand new piece). I can't think of a proper explanation for such a huge difference.. So, want to stick to going to a store & feeling and picking the item. Can any one help?
Old 5th April 2010, 22:43   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by psvinay View Post
I saw various offers for Jabra SP-700 ranging from Rs.4000 to Rs.5500 (for brand new piece).
Chroma has the Jabra and the Nokia. I got the Jabra for 4999 (or was it 4995?) from Chorma.
Old 6th April 2010, 13:44   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Chroma has the Jabra and the Nokia. I got the Jabra for 4999 (or was it 4995?) from Chorma.
I did had called Croma (Koramangala shop), but they said they have none. Their online store too has not listed SP-700 or any Nokia speaker phones. There is only one listing (Jabra SP5050) in the online store.

I did check with eZone (online), Sangeeta mobile store (phone) and few other prominent mobile stores. I also checked with Reliance auto-world (near silk-board).. Nobody has any bluetooth Car Speaker phones.

Will SP Road shops come handy here? Any suggestions?
Old 7th June 2010, 09:39   #58
BHPian

Just bought a jabra cruiser speaker phone through Ebay global buy. It cost me Rs 4300/- and took about 10 days to be delivered. The product is similar to Jabra SP 700 , except that you can pair 2 phones simultaneously and it has got 2 mics which helps in eliminating car noise being transmitted through.

Will post a review after using it for a few days.
Old 26th August 2011, 10:26   #59
BANNED

Re: Whats the next best thing after Blue & Me? ... Try the Jabra SP700

I recently bluetooth enabled my Fiat Grande Punto Emotion (no PK) stereo. Check this thread for details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks