Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 06:39   #31
sdh
BHPian

I also have a GCLF board and it works too. I have factory bios settings, nothing changed. May be try restoring the default values and check.
Old 28th September 2009, 16:17   #32
BHPian

@techfreak. I had GCLF(Single Core). and I mentioned the settings in my previous posts.
it should work. or else it could be PSU problem.
Lets see now. you have already ordered it Dual Core. You dont have to format the system with new motherboard. Previous drivers will work. Just Plug and Play.
Old 28th September 2009, 22:56   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
@techfreak. I had GCLF(Single Core). and I mentioned the settings in my previous posts.
it should work. or else it could be PSU problem.
Lets see now. you have already ordered it Dual Core. You dont have to format the system with new motherboard. Previous drivers will work. Just Plug and Play.

No it cant be PSU problem as I have changed the PSU, earlier I had a LB 100 D from iRide, thanks to Sheldon he agreed & & changed to LB 160 D, though he said the old PSU was fine.

Hope the new MB solves my problem.
Old 28th September 2009, 23:09   #34
BHPian

Today tried default setting of the MB (Old D945GCLF) still got the same problem of no automatic startup.
Have to wait till the new MB arrives.
Old 2nd October 2009, 01:28   #35
BHPian

Finally All Is OK

Today the new mother board arrived.(Intel D945 GCLF2)
Now the carputer starts with the ign key........(NO MORE PHYSICAL PUSH TO ONssssss......)

And the even better part was I didnt have to reinstall anything except the audio drivers.

Next in plan is to add some kind of a timer to the LCD display power supply so it doesnt start before I crank the car & then go blank & come on again during engine cranks.

And yes some timing sw for the amp too.

Shall update on the above soon
Old 2nd October 2009, 10:52   #36
BHPian

Great News techfreak ! So it was the motherboard.
To avoid the Pop up noise from speaker . You can put relay between Amp's Remote Line.
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Nice to hear yu got the problem isolated to MB. Looks like even i have to replace my MB, the last thing left to avoiid another amplifier blow. how have you wired the lcd power. you can also power it from the psu itself . there will be no issues. if lcd is on the auux line, its dgood for it to shut down during cranking. timer is good for initial startup only. in case a restart is required with pc on how are you going to programme it?
Old 3rd October 2009, 00:46   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Nice to hear yu got the problem isolated to MB. Looks like even i have to replace my MB, the last thing left to avoiid another amplifier blow. how have you wired the lcd power. you can also power it from the psu itself . there will be no issues. if lcd is on the auux line, its dgood for it to shut down during cranking. timer is good for initial startup only. in case a restart is required with pc on how are you going to programme it?
I was also thinking of same i.e what if I have to recrank after initial start, now I am planning to power the LCD from the PSU. (LB 160D). I am in touch with iride's Sheldon, he has also suggested to power the LCD from the PSU.

As far as the AMP goes I am going to use a relay activated by the ACC line of the car, that should stop the thump I hope.
Old 3rd October 2009, 09:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

Too much of spelling mistakes when i am on mobile.

How will a relay help in removing amplifier thump?
Old 4th October 2009, 08:50   #40
sdh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
I was also thinking of same i.e what if I have to recrank after initial start, now I am planning to power the LCD from the PSU. (LB 160D). I am in touch with iride's Sheldon, he has also suggested to power the LCD from the PSU.

As far as the AMP goes I am going to use a relay activated by the ACC line of the car, that should stop the thump I hope.
The LB160 PSU has anti thump control for amplifier built in. There is a 2 pin header next to where you connect the connections from battery. This outputs 12 volt after a delay. This should be connected to the amplifier RC input.
Old 4th October 2009, 22:19   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Too much of spelling mistakes when i am on mobile.

How will a relay help in removing amplifier thump?
Sorry for the incomplete thing, actually I was planning to put a relay with a time delay (IC 555 based) circuit. But as sdh has posted LB 160 D has a amp remote point so shall be checking that out first.
Old 5th October 2009, 12:11   #42
Senior - BHPian

Do post day light photos of the lcd in action. does it have auto switching function on any of the video inputs?
Old 6th October 2009, 19:42   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Do post day light photos of the lcd in action. does it have auto switching function on any of the video inputs?
Sure buddy shall do it this weekend.
Old 7th October 2009, 09:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

Does this particular model of lcd have auto switching on any of its video inputs? The manufacturer has not replied back to my enquiry
Old 22nd November 2009, 10:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Does this particular model of lcd have auto switching on any of its video inputs? The manufacturer has not replied back to my enquiry
No this monitor doesnt have auto switching for any video input

Most Viewed