Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 09:54   #61
BHPian

I am using it as well without any issue. My previous bluetooth dongle used to drop the connection. So i bought it from mo-co-so. USB Bluetooth Dongle for Centrafuse Auto
Check as netarchie said. You also need to set Playback and recording device in phone settings. Post the current settings.
btw which BlueSoliel version are you using ?

Last edited by nisarg86 : 24th February 2010 at 09:55.
Old 24th February 2010, 22:48   #62
BHPian

Phone Setting-CF II

Spend good about hour plus trying to set up phone fearure in CF II but it didnt work. Tried all possible combination of Playback & audio device(Using Andrea Superbeam array mic with USB Adapter as Audio In device & On bd HD audio as output on DGLF 2 MB). Tried with 3 diff BT dongle also 2 from Enter & one generic. Can some one post the exact settings in his Carputer pl.( Spl request to Netarchie & Nisarg86) I am not sure which Bluesoleil stack I am using so downloading the latest from CF site now update the same tomorrow & try again.
Thanks for all the support buddies.
Old 26th February 2010, 22:25   #63
BHPian

Phone SetUP-CF II

Hi Guys finally I have done the phone (Samsung OMNIA i900) setup in my carputer.
The problem was with the cheapo BlueTooth adapters, replaced with one from D-link (DBT 122)and all was fine, though the other party is getting some amount of echo when in a call.(Any suggestion on this???)

Finally it brings to completion my carputer project.
All aims achieved except the OBD implementation as the car itself doesnt support it.(Indigo LS TDI, 2006 DEC Model)

Next project will be to change the car itself when I save enough.....

It was gr8 help from the forum from begining till end.

Thanks a ton.
Old 27th February 2010, 02:38   #64
BHPian

techfreak.nice to hear that it finally worked. Yup. I had the same problem with generic bluetooth adapter so i ordered it from above link and that's one working fine.
For echo you can try aggressive beam foaming in andera mic proprieties. That should work. also enable Noise cancellation.
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:40   #65
Senior - BHPian

techfreak, do try out the PCM scan tool demo
PCMSCAN - Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.

and see if it works
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:43   #66
BHPian

Obd Ii & Tata Indigo Tdi(2006)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
techfreak, do try out the PCM scan tool demo
PCMSCAN - Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.

and see if it works
Thanks Buddy,
I have already tried this but the car doesn't support any parameter other than Engine RPM, Engine Load & Coolant Temp.
So practically speaking one cant get the Fuel Consumption rate from this 3 values, which was my main aim to aid better fuel effiency by getting Instantaneous fuel consumption figure.

Is there any other way to calculate instant fuel consumption & display it???
Just thinking about a flow meter with input from the speedo/odometer may be?? Has anyone tried this kind of stuff??

Thanks.
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:55   #67
Senior - BHPian

but I've seen tata technicians use it as diagnostics, and I'm sure there is more info to be gotten from it
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:57   #68
Senior - BHPian

Calculating MPG from VSS and MAF from OBD2 - MP3Car.com

does this help? I think this has some pointers to calculating it. My need is to calculate boost/MAP, for which I think the engine load & rpm should be enough!
Old 4th March 2010, 00:19   #69
BHPian

help me

OT : I stumbled on to this thread while doing research on making a carputer for my accent, and I'm happy for it.

My laptop's motherboard is dead, (I dont have enough cash to buy a touchscreen monitor!) but the display, hdd, ram, dvd writer, keyboard etc are in pristine condition.

So basically, I have all these

1. LCD display from the laptop
2. HDD from the laptop
3. DVD Writer/reader from the laptop
4. USB keyboard
5. USB mouse
6. USB game pad

My main doubt is

Can I use the laptop's display as the main and only display for the carputer? If yes, then what kind of cables and components need to be used to make it work?

I dont wish to use centrafuse.

In my mind, with all the above in place all I would need is,

1. GCLF/2 motherboard with inbuilt(?) atom processor
2. RAM n sound card
3. Cabinet
4. Power supply (where to get them in bangalore?)
5. Enclosures and fitting

and I'm good to go.

Please let me know if I am missing something.
Old 4th March 2010, 02:46   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankarbn View Post
OT : I stumbled on to this thread while doing research on making a carputer for my accent, and I'm happy for it.

My laptop's motherboard is dead, (I dont have enough cash to buy a touchscreen monitor!) but the display, hdd, ram, dvd writer, keyboard etc are in pristine condition.

So basically, I have all these

1. LCD display from the laptop
2. HDD from the laptop
3. DVD Writer/reader from the laptop
4. USB keyboard
5. USB mouse
6. USB game pad

My main doubt is

Can I use the laptop's display as the main and only display for the carputer? If yes, then what kind of cables and components need to be used to make it work?

I dont wish to use centrafuse.

In my mind, with all the above in place all I would need is,

1. GCLF/2 motherboard with inbuilt(?) atom processor
2. RAM n sound card
3. Cabinet
4. Power supply (where to get them in bangalore?)
5. Enclosures and fitting

and I'm good to go.

Please let me know if I am missing something.
Never seen someone able to transform a Laptop LCD to Car Screen cause
1). bulky size
2). screen connector is a tiny fiber optic based tape
3). power supply requirement may be different for screen which your DC-DC car PS would not handle.
4). the beauty of carputer is its touch effect, you cannot drive safely with a hand on dashboard struggling to point the mouse.

For carputer supply visit iride.in which most people do here, cause getting it from USA is not easy in terms of shipping cost and delays.
Old 5th March 2010, 11:59   #71
BHPian

Thanks for the replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Never seen someone able to transform a Laptop LCD to Car Screen cause
1). bulky size
2). screen connector is a tiny fiber optic based tape
3). power supply requirement may be different for screen which your DC-DC car PS would not handle.
4). the beauty of carputer is its touch effect, you cannot drive safely with a hand on dashboard struggling to point the mouse.

For carputer supply visit iride.in which most people do here, cause getting it from USA is not easy in terms of shipping cost and delays.
Thank you for replying. You read my mind!

1). bulky size - Methinks proper placement of screen should solve this problem.

2). screen connector is a tiny fiber optic based tape - This is my query. How to convert it to normal VGA? Anyone out here knows whether I can hook it up to a controller board or cable converter of some sort?

3). power supply requirement may be different for screen which your DC-DC car PS would not handle. - It is AC, so I'm thinking an inverter should help
4). the beauty of carputer is its touch effect, you cannot drive safely with a hand on dashboard struggling to point the mouse. - I second that completely. I just want to build something original, the touch monitor can always be added later! Also, while I would use this to play songs from the hard drive, I want to be able to surf the net when I am not driving.

So, the use of touchscreen is something I will miss, but will buy a touch screen in a month or two. By then, if I have found a solution to use the lcd thru vga/dvi, I can build a mini desktop for myself with the lcd while the carputer will get the touchscreen.

Note to mods : I'm not sure if I'm going way off topic here, do hive this discussion to a new thread/ similar existing thread if deemed necessary.
Old 5th March 2010, 12:14   #72
BHPian

I got a chance to check out techfreak's Carputer last week. Excellent implementation.

I have also seen Kiran's Carputer in his Dzire. Again very nicely done
Old 5th March 2010, 13:36   #73
Senior - BHPian

@shankarbn, there are some boards (not the usual Intel ones) which have an interface for the LCD display (I think it is called an LVD interface or something). I remember having seen some based on Ion, and some are available in India but not in the usual computer parts channels.

And of course you can get a large touchscreen overlay for that. If you are doing DIY, there is no limit.
Old 5th March 2010, 23:06   #74
BHPian

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
I got a chance to check out techfreak's Carputer last week. Excellent implementation.

I have also seen Kiran's Carputer in his Dzire. Again very nicely done
Thanks Buddy,
It was nice interacting with you.
Old 5th March 2010, 23:15   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankarbn View Post
Thank you for replying. You read my mind!

1). bulky size - Methinks proper placement of screen should solve this problem.

2). screen connector is a tiny fiber optic based tape - This is my query. How to convert it to normal VGA? Anyone out here knows whether I can hook it up to a controller board or cable converter of some sort?

3). power supply requirement may be different for screen which your DC-DC car PS would not handle. - It is AC, so I'm thinking an inverter should help
4). the beauty of carputer is its touch effect, you cannot drive safely with a hand on dashboard struggling to point the mouse. - I second that completely. I just want to build something original, the touch monitor can always be added later! Also, while I would use this to play songs from the hard drive, I want to be able to surf the net when I am not driving.

So, the use of touchscreen is something I will miss, but will buy a touch screen in a month or two. By then, if I have found a solution to use the lcd thru vga/dvi, I can build a mini desktop for myself with the lcd while the carputer will get the touchscreen.

Note to mods : I'm not sure if I'm going way off topic here, do hive this discussion to a new thread/ similar existing thread if deemed necessary.
Hi Buddy what you are saying is alright from YOUR point of view & usage envisaged.
IMO, having used a carputer for about a year now, I would suggest to go for a DC-DC power supply & a conventional carputer setup due to the reliability factor & ease of use factor too.
Yes having a larger screen helps as long as it doesn't block the drivers view of the ROAD, but then again I would suggest a LCD with DC input & being powered from the DC-DC power supply as in my case the LCD created lot of problem when I had powered it direct from the car battery(Volt up/down during startups etc) its working without a fuss now after I have powered it from the LB 160D(DC-DC ATX Power supply)
So considering these points I suggest go for a conventional carputer setup,
Though again I DO agree the kick of a total DIY is just gr8.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks