Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:08   #31
BHPian

@Ranga, let me ask you a basic question. Is the default ICE provided by M&M not good enough? I was thinking that the default system should be a good one.
Old 5th February 2010, 22:25   #32
BHPian

Scorpio fan, I'd be glad to sell you mine
How good or bad the OE system is is really a question of what you think is good or bad. I'll tell you this, for a car worth over a million rupees, the music system is nothing but a rip off. Neither the HU or the speakers are any good. In fact, even the dealer will not give you more than 3K if he were to buy it back from you on Day 1. Now even that is on the condition that you buy your upgrade from him. Of course, I don't have to tell you that whatever the dealer sells you will be over priced. So the net result - you probably paid him to take the system back!

Last edited by triedeverything : 5th February 2010 at 22:27.
Old 5th February 2010, 22:51   #33
BHPian

Ranga,

It would be great if you can post a split up of the price for each component that comprises your ICE. Did you buy all the hardware from Audio Planet? I understand that including dampening for the doors, their installation cost is 10K. This must include the cables also right? Yours is a 7 seater while mine is an 8 seater. One of the installers I spoke to suggested I install the rear speakers on the sides. Do you know if this will also involve metal cutting or if it will only require a few holes to fit the board? What is the largest dia size of speaker that can be fitted on the door?
Old 8th February 2010, 23:21   #34
BHPian

First of all the ICE provided by M & M is crap

It does mid bass to complete bass on all four speakers . I got it removed and now trying to fit in my company Bolero setup

Comming back to the split of what i remember

1 . Mutant - costs 9,750 for the two front speakers - Expensive( Includes 2 front speakers , cross over + tweeters

2. Pi 6050 App 12,500 - Pioneer India

3. Mutant 5 1/2 back speakers - 2700 Rs

4. JBL amp -4K

5. Polk Sub with box - 4-6K

6. Board on the back - 1K

7. Complete Vinyl covering - 3K

8 . Dampners 1K / door

9 . Cables - App 3-4K

my total bill was 43K INR ..

Miine is a 8 seater ....
Old 8th February 2010, 23:27   #35
BHPian

To calibrate the whole setup ,AP used a lab top and used a specific sound based frequency .

The software in the laptop actually inputs the signal from each of the speaker through a attached micro phone . This actually detects the sound input from each speaker @ each frequency ( 7 Band ) and then is set according to the interiors of the car

This way 2 tweeters , 2 midrange , 2 speakers on the back with the Sub woofer is set with each frequency .

Not many audio resellers do this for the car . This is done normally during HT setup
Old 9th February 2010, 16:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
First of all the ICE provided by M & M is crap

It does mid bass to complete bass on all four speakers . I got it removed and now trying to fit in my company Bolero setup

Comming back to the split of what i remember

1 . Mutant - costs 9,750 for the two front speakers - Expensive( Includes 2 front speakers , cross over + tweeters

2. Pi 6050 App 12,500 - Pioneer India

3. Mutant 5 1/2 back speakers - 2700 Rs

4. JBL amp -4K

5. Polk Sub with box - 4-6K

6. Board on the back - 1K

7. Complete Vinyl covering - 3K

8 . Dampners 1K / door

9 . Cables - App 3-4K

my total bill was 43K INR ..

Miine is a 8 seater ....
Ranga, did you buy all these parts from AP? Also, since you have a 8 seater, do you notice that the rear speakers are kind of muted because they are behind the last row? Did they suggest installing your rear speakers on the sides?
What brand of cables were used?
For the mutant speakers, will the front door need to be cut or was it only the back door that was cut?
I've still not finalized on the HU - I'm looking for a touch screen in dash HU.
Do you think it is advisable to only change the speakers (for now) and see if there is a difference?
Old 17th February 2010, 17:44   #37
BHPian

Yes all parts were bought in AP

1. The rear speakers as mounted by Mahindra is pathetic . They are so close to each other that u can't make any difference between the channels .

2. Hence we got it mounted at a distance . For this the back door had to go through wire cutting . ( See the pictures in the last page )

3. The Front door , no cutting is needed . The Mutant has the largest magnet in its class .Hence the speaker comes out a bit out .

4. Speaker change on the existing HU ?? I would not suggest that ..

5. If u want to go through a ICE change, change every thing rock stock and barrel . Don't give a half hear ted try....
Old 18th February 2010, 07:14   #38
BHPian

Ranga,

Whether the speakers are at a distance or not, I feel that mounting them on the rear door on an 8 seater is not a good idea as the last row seats will muffle the output from the speakers. If it were a 7 seater, this would be a good option.

Biggest magnets... sounds interesting. I couldn't come across many posts where they have used Mutant speakers. Where are they manufactured? I'd also like to audition your setup

It is not a half hearted install. Call it an install in phases if you please The thing is I've still not identified a HU for my needs.

Do you know if auto planet would do only the install? I think their pricing is not competitive and some parts are over priced. A good example is the Souche wired remote kit. That is available for about 4k while they were asking much more for it, right?

Also, how long did the whole install take? A day? I understand that this would include cutting the rear door too.

Last edited by triedeverything : 18th February 2010 at 07:16.
Old 18th February 2010, 09:54   #39
BHPian

Ya u need to be a bit patient while going through the process .
Mutant speakers are not cheap . They are expensive . Voice clarity is best among its class . The back speakers are used for Aumbience creation and not much power is fed to these speakers .

The whole setup is for the first two seats , K sound for the second row and a little less sounds for the third row . This helps during long drives with full family on the back . Its not like sound coming from the back and none can sleep in the back .
Old 18th February 2010, 14:25   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
This helps during long drives with full family on the back . Its not like sound coming from the back and none can sleep in the back .
With a good HU, you should be able to control the volume to each of the speakers.
Old 20th February 2010, 09:49   #41
BHPian

Most of our systems are back driven . Its like listening to Stereo from the back . World wide the accepted fact for mirroring sound or tuning it is from the front.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:46   #42
BHPian

M hawk’s brochure say that the factory fitted music system (Nippon make) can connect mobile through bluetooth. Is it true? If Yes how to connect?
Old 28th April 2010, 13:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it works. You need to do the pairing from your phone. Once pairing is done, the HU automatically senses the call, mutes the music and picks up the call if you press the key on the steering wheel.

The microphone is behind a hole in the ceiling near the rear view mirror, behind a tiny plastic grill. The audio of the call comes through the speakers.

Last edited by DerAlte : 28th April 2010 at 13:48.
Old 28th April 2010, 17:15   #44
BHPian

Thanks for reply DerAlte,
The problem is, how to pair? may you please guide the procedure.
Old 5th May 2010, 13:45   #45
BHPian

I already have this feature built in iPhone . I connect my iPhone most of the times when i drive my MHawk . So when a call comes , the iphone automatically mutes and i can take my call on my blue tooth headset .

This feature is present and works wonders when i need to talk in the scorpio . Any day the Factory fitted HU is crap and not worth speaking ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks