Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 11:54   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
DLS XD40 or CA41, Infinty Kappa 4, JL 400/4... are the new Precision Power amps any good?
The Kappa 4 seems good. But i have a few doubts i would like to clarify -
1) The Kappa gives out 125w rms per channel and my speakers are rated at 100w rms. Will it be a problem?
2) As of now i dont think i have the budget for a processor so will using a simple high to low converter sound ok?
Old 10th July 2010, 12:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

1. Just don't go too loud. Of course there is no rational way of describing which loudness level is going to be harmful (depends on music content), but generally watch out when the sound starts distorting and makes noises that are not associated with the music you are playing
2. This is OK. Does Kappa 4 accept speaker level inputs or you want to get an external Line Output convertor?
Old 10th July 2010, 13:14   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
1. Just don't go too loud. Of course there is no rational way of describing which loudness level is going to be harmful (depends on music content), but generally watch out when the sound starts distorting and makes noises that are not associated with the music you are playing
2. This is OK. Does Kappa 4 accept speaker level inputs or you want to get an external Line Output convertor?
I dont listen to my music too loud, I listen at moderate volumes but occasionally enjoy loud music. Thanks for the concern.

I exchanged a few PMs with B&T and he is of the opinion that i should go for a focal solid 4, it will have enough power to drive my alpines cleanly and it has speaker level inputs. I guess that is what i should get.
Old 13th February 2011, 11:04   #49
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need help with ICE for my Accord - Amp help pg.3

Any updates on this thread? Did the ICE happen? Alpine type-Rs got installed? Any pics?
Old 13th February 2011, 11:53   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Any updates on this thread? Did the ICE happen? Alpine type-Rs got installed? Any pics?
Whoops I forgot to update this. I got the following installed -

Alpine Type R 6.5" compos and 6x9s
Focal Solid 4 amp
Alpine Type R 12" sub
Alpine M500 mono
Noisekill damping

Alpine PXE-H650 Processor to be installed next week.

Will get some pics for you.
Old 24th February 2011, 13:50   #51
Team-BHP Support

I got the Alpine processor yesterday. Will get it installed today from Ajay. Ill update after the installation.
Old 24th February 2011, 22:01   #52
Team-BHP Support

Heres a little post on the ice -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2256867
Old 14th May 2011, 00:27   #53
BHPian

Akshay - Now that the ICE setup is fully in place (at least till your next upgrade), what are your thoughts on the sound quality and the overall listening experience?

I'm in a similar situation to that when you started out. I picked up a used 2006 Accord V6, and have found that the OEM setup leaves a lot to be desired. Being someone who enjoys music, (of almost all genres), I’m certain that I need to make some upgrades.

1 – At the beginning of your thread you mentioned a 50k budget. With all that you’ve done I’m guessing that you’ve exceeded that. I’m on a tight budget and will thus need to work out a setup that’s considerably more cost effective

2 – What are your thoughts before and after the Alpine processor?

3 – I’m in Chennai and will need to get the audio work done in Chennai; any thoughts or suggestions here? Most friends I’ve asked have suggested Tecnokrat (:: Welcome to TECNOKRAT ::)

4 – In terms of the intent, I’m not looking to wake up the neighborhood. Good sound quality with better frequency response is what I’m looking at.

5 – Would like to retain steering music control functionality. Would also like a HDD based music storage option
Old 14th May 2011, 01:24   #54
Team-BHP Support

You haven't mentioned your budget but im assuming its a reasonable one. Yes I did overshoot my budget totally, luckily I did it in steps. No more upgrades for me

The Alpine processor made a huge difference to the sound quality. I'm sure if I spend some more time with Ajay the setup can be made to sound better. But heck, I'm happy now.

Heres what I suggest for you. This will be the easiest and most cost effective method. Don't ask me for specifics since I don't know much about ICE.

1) Get an aftermarket HU. Alpine/Pioneer/Whatever. Get it installed in the lower cubby, that place in front of the gear shift, the little storage box. There are kits available for that and as long as you don't mind the 2nd head unit this is the best option in terms of sound. You can get kits that will integrate the steering remotes with this HU.

2) Get good 6.5" components in the front, and 6x9 ovals in the rear. These will produce enough bass and give you good enough sound. You can obviously add another amp and a sub later on if you feel the need.

3) Get a good 4 channel amp for these 4 speakers.

4) Enjoy your music.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 14th May 2011 at 01:25.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 20:15   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
You haven't mentioned your budget but im assuming its a reasonable one. Yes I did overshoot my budget totally, luckily I did it in steps. No more upgrades for me

The Alpine processor made a huge difference to the sound quality. I'm sure if I spend some more time with Ajay the setup can be made to sound better. But heck, I'm happy now.

Heres what I suggest for you. This will be the easiest and most cost effective method. Don't ask me for specifics since I don't know much about ICE.

1) Get an aftermarket HU. Alpine/Pioneer/Whatever. Get it installed in the lower cubby, that place in front of the gear shift, the little storage box. There are kits available for that and as long as you don't mind the 2nd head unit this is the best option in terms of sound. You can get kits that will integrate the steering remotes with this HU.

2) Get good 6.5" components in the front, and 6x9 ovals in the rear. These will produce enough bass and give you good enough sound. You can obviously add another amp and a sub later on if you feel the need.

3) Get a good 4 channel amp for these 4 speakers.

4) Enjoy your music.
Akshay - Thank you so much for your response. I don't recall how I missed it, but I'm only seeing it now. And guess what? I am yet to make this ICE upgrade happen (also read as budget constraints). So it is very relevant and useful information. My apologies for the insanely long delay in responding.

- From my reading online, I too have been thinking a second HU in the lower cubby would be the best option. So thats what I will look at. My assumption is that stuff like Bluetooth connectivity, Mp3 support, built-in storage, etc are all HU dependent? Any good suggestions, or resource for options you could suggest?

- Glad to hear steering remote integration if possible

- My intention is to add a mono block amp and a sub, but as you've suggested, I will probably do it as a next step if budget is a limitation, which it very well maybe

- Any suggestions on good 4 channel amps?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks