Team-BHP - advice on upgrading my sony system for my zen??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   advice on upgrading my sony system for my zen?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/7332-advice-upgrading-my-sony-system-my-zen-11.html)

guys any idea about the pricing of the 515..

Though a short supply...because of the limited distribution of the product..its available in gray market for around 16-17K

wht 16-17k..the pioneer website says it retails for 330$..thats 15k..now in grey it costs more than MRP..shucckkss..JB any other alternative as i cant put in that kind of cash into buying an amp..max budget for amp is 8k-10k..

Its because of amps limited production its mainly sold in europe. for your budget sony is better option cant beat them for price.

a single amp makes for a clean install. this (5/6 channel amps) was the rage some years back but now things have larely gotten back to 4 channel.

there is one slight advantage of using a 4 and 2 channel amp. if the sub runs the 2 channel amp out of steam the mids wont get affected. given that we are more sensitive to mids this is good.

It all depends on the design of a power amplifier. If the power supply is capable enough there is no problem of having 5 channels or 6 channels in one chassis. If the power supply is anaemic even 2ch and 4ch amps will not run properly.

One amp reduces the cost of power cables, distribution blocks (if at all being considered) and it takes less space. We have been quite satisfied with the multichannel amps performance. We have used Audison amps along with Alpine V12 Series, Pioneer 515 and they are excellent performers.

ok guys having finalised my setup now its time to decide on the amps to run my compos,coaxials and the sub..
well due to help from a very good friend of mine i will be getting brand new blaupunkt PA-275 amps..these are 2 channel,class T amplifiers..for further specs pls do look around google as im too lazy to look for them myself..so i now would need 3 amps.1 to run the comps,1 for the rear coaxs and 1 for the sub..and im getting these amps at a real steal(so keeping aside my sony combo for the time being)..so what i want to know now is what are the pros and cons of using this class T amps that too 3 in number..guys pls chip in with ur ideas..

nothing wrong but with multiple amps you have be 3 times as carefull in the install to make sure you dont get alternator whine. besides i have not heard a class T (class D) amp that I liked yet. the technology is improving in leaps and bounds so this might change.

McLaren,

As the number of amps are increasing. You have to buy thicker power cable and the distribution blocks for distribution of power (one for +ve and one for -ve Ground). Which will come at an extra cost.

So buying multichannel amps saves cost and cleans up the install.

Blaupunkt PA's are good amplifiers. They offer great sound for the price they are available. But use them with proper cables.

JB, these class T (or class D) amps are very efficient. wire thickness depends on the power drawn. so 1 big amp might draw more than 3 small amps. in any case when i doubt with power circuits use the thickest best wire you can afford.

Navin the output stages and power circuit of these class T amplifiers are efficient...they convert more power in watts and don't waste power in heat as Class AB amp does. They are thermally more efficient.

But you cannot run three amplifiers of a 8 guage minimum you need is a 4 guage. Else there will be voltage drop with increased current draw when thinner cable is used.

And distribution blocks will clean up the wiring mess and will hell in better power distribution.

guys here are the specs of the amps i was telling about..
Blaupunkt PA-275 amp:
Class "T" 2/1 Channel Audio Amplifier (High Efficiency, Low Heat)
Power Output: 2 x 75 Watts or 1 x 200 Watts RMS
2 Ohm Stable (Non-Bridged Mode Only)
RCA and High Level Inputs (High Level Via Included Adapter Harness)
0.3 - 6.0 VRMS Input Capability
Continuously Variable High-Pass and Low-Pass Crossover (50-250 Hz.)
Switchable Bass Boost
Frequency Response: 20 - 50,000 Hz.
Sound to Noise Ratio: Greater Than 100 dBA
Accessories: Remote Gain Control, High Level Adapter, Screws, Fuse, Plugs
Clear Plastic Housing with a Choice of 5 Access Plate Colors (Included)
Dimensions: 2.6"x 7.5"x 7.9"(67mm x 190mm x 200mm)
and here is a pic:

JB and naveen what exactly are the precautions to be taken while using 3 of these amps..will a good power cable just do the trick or should i go in 4 the power distribution block..if yes how much will it cost and how much of a difference will a stiffening cap make to this..guys pls indicate the prices as im really going overboard as already my setup is reaching way over 40k without the HU(just the compos,coaxs,sub with box,and the amps are costing me that much)..so ur advise on cutting costs will be really helpful..as i need to invest for a similar setup in my yet to be delivered alto also.

mclaren,

use a thicker cable at least 4 guage and use two distribution blocks.

Use a Inline fuse of around 80 Amps close to battery.

Its like this :

BATT ----> 4 Guage Cable -----> In Line Fuse (80A) --------> Distribution Block (4 Guage in and 4 X 8 Guage out) ------> 8 Guage Cable-----> [b]Amplifiers ------> 8 Guage Cable ------> Distribution Block (4 X 8 Guage to 4 Guage)-------> 4 Guage Cable -------> Grounding Point.

look at the following products by Connection Audison

Power kit : FPK 600
http://www.connectionaudison.com/pro...its/fpk600.htm

Distribution Block: FDB 54
http://www.connectionaudison.com/pro...ries/fdb54.htm

You dun need a stiffening cap with this much of power requirement.

I would use 4 gauge cable too. split it into 8 legs of 8 gauge at the dist block. for the amps.
Youd need 2 of these one for power and one for ground.

guys and gurus..
as u all know(hehe not sure if u all do!!!)..i got neons and strobes under my car and my mechanics say they might be pulling a lot of power from the battery but i cant say how much..so my question is will the battery be able to take up the load of:
1. 5.25'' components connected to a blau t-class 2ch amp (75x2W at 4ohms,)
2. 165mm coaxials connected to the blau t-class 2ch amp (75x2W at 4 ohms)
3. drive a 10'' sub which pumps out 250w rms on a blau 2ch amp(150w,rms in bridged)..
4. not to 4get the power needed by the HU along with my neons and strobes and the other electricals in the car..

will the existing alternator and battery be able cope up with this or should i go in 4 any mods..well changing the alternator and battery can be very expensive so any alternate methods are most welcome..will stifffening capacitors be of any help,if yes then to what extent..any other suggestions are most welcome..keep ur views rolling guys..

PS: SAM bhaiyya agar isko pada ho tho,aapke technical jawab de sakte hey kya??baad me humse kahange chal hutt koi audio related question hi nahi poocha magar ladki ka number maangliya...hehe can see navin blinkin now and cursing the two of us :D ..