Team-BHP - advice on upgrading my sony system for my zen??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   advice on upgrading my sony system for my zen?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/7332-advice-upgrading-my-sony-system-my-zen-4.html)

I have decided to give up golf forever. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885
hey sam can u suggest me some books or websites where i can enhance my knowledge on audio systems and stuff..anyway jobless for 6 months..

The right people to ask this question to are Vivek Phadnis and Navin. They will answer shortly. Why jobless amigo?

was not well and couldnt attend my exams,so lost a year..damn these engineering rules as if electronics was not difficult enough now i need to repeat it for an extra 365 days..thats y jobless for a year atleast!!! so navin and vivek ur inputs on which books or sites i ought to refer to enhance my knowledge on audio systems..

hey sam are kick panels available in bangalore..need them to fix my 5.25' compos on my zen..cutting the existing pod is quite hard as it has a curve and will look very odd if mounted that way..

Hi McLaren, my freind got kick panels made for his scorpio from Bangalore. They are fibre glass kick panels. He got them from a shop in JC road.

u got any idea which shop in jc road..there are so many bloody shops there cant go searching all..most of them dont have bcoz i called a few shops i know and they said they dont have!!!

He got if from Add On from a guy called Navin a former JBL dealer.

well slight change in setup..sticking to the JBL 5.25 compos but going in for the sony amps 504 and 502 instead of the JBL..and of course keeping the tube from JBL..
my dealer suggests i connect the rear coaxials and the sub to the 504 and drive the compos thru 502..but earlier had plans to run the compos and rears thru 504 and the sub thru the 502..which is better guys..

PS: wonder what else this forum is going to make me do to my car..just used up 7k for neons and strobes under the car,upgrading to 13" rims and GIIIs for 30k,now the audio upgrade for 18k..wonder what next maybe an engine swap with that of an esteem or baleno after a year..well just 21 and wonder how long my dad will tolerate this nuisance of mine!!!!

Hi Mc Laren, I will connect the 504 for the front components and rear speakers. Use the 502 for the sub. The reason for this is simple, the 504 has a high pass and a low pass filter, so it can be used to power both the sub and the speakers. However 502 doesnt have a high pass filter, but only has a low pass filter, which is used for subs. So running your speakers from 502 wont allow you to cut low frequencies etc. using high pass filter.

thanks a lot aseem..so what i planned initially was correct..the dealer got me all confused saying the 502 will be underpowered to drive the sub so suggested using the 504 for the sub..thought it was better to find out the solution from this forum.. btw would like to know in detail about the question posted by zehar..Now tell me if I get a 4 channel amp, how is usually each channel distributed or assigned to different components of an audio system like rear speakers, component speakers, front speakers and Subwoofer? I just want to make sure that the fitman doesn't fool around with my car and I shud hv clear option for upgradation later on..

Quote:

thanks a lot aseem..so what i planned initially was correct..the dealer got me all confused saying the 502 will be underpowered to drive the sub so suggested using the 504 for the sub..thought it was better to find out the solution from this forum.. btw would like to know in detail about the question posted by zehar..Now tell me if I get a 4 channel amp, how is usually each channel distributed or assigned to different components of an audio system like rear speakers, component speakers, front speakers and Subwoofer? I just want to make sure that the fitman doesn't fool around with my car and I shud hv clear option for upgradation later on..

Mc Laren while you wait for other experts to chip in. Tell your dealer that 502 and 504 give the same RMS output in bridged mode, ie 120W each.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem
Mc Laren while you wait for other experts to chip in. Tell your dealer that 502 and 504 give the same RMS output in bridged mode, ie 120W each.

ok will tell him that..well neither me nor zehar are sleepy and dont know how to kill time..so would be delighted if u can enlighten us with the answers to the question unless ur sleeepyyy!!!!

Quote:

well guys if any of u have read my post about being duped by rns motors u would have surely know as to who according to the company was blamed for the damage on my car,yes it was car decor form where i got my stereo fixed..
well here is the config on my zen..
1. sony xplod cdx-f5510X (52X4w) mp3 player- Rs 6200..
2. sony xplod XS-GT6937X,350W(3-way) speakers- Rs 2680..
3. sony xplod tweeters- Rs 1750..
4. clamps for the tweeters- Rs 60..
5. tray/plank - Rs 800..
6. connectors and antenna- Rs 250..
well just wanted to know if the prices i paid are reasonable or not..
more over i wanted our experts opinion on the performance of this setup(i mean the pros and cons)..
well everyone out here must be wondering as to why i didnt go in for front speakers,well the answer to that is i myself dont know..well i pretty much liked the effect of the rear speakers and wasnt sure if there were any front speakers which would match the effect of the rears,so decided to stay with the rears only thinking that adding the front speakers wud just spoil the balance of the entire setup..
so secondly what i wanted to know is what are the best possible upgrades for my system..can u guys suggest me good front speakers,a subwoofer and the required amp..which make??how to know their genuinity(i mean pioneer,thats the only reason i choose sony over pioneer) ??and lastly the approx costs and also any particular methods to install the same so as to achieve the optimum performance..
ps:budget is around 15k,can stretch a bit more if its really worth..say max budget of 20k..
so all the experts out there keep ur suggestions rolling...

How does ur sony 6937 sound? I came across 6935 with 100 W RMS for Rs 3500, shud I go in for them?

All right, McLaren1885. Since you are so keen on learning, start reading stuff in www.diyaudio.com, www.diysubwoofers.org, www.diyspeakers.net, www.sound.westhost.com. The last site I mentioned (Rod Elliott's site) has a lot of good articles on the basics of electronics. Better to get your theory right first. You should particularly read about power ratings since Indians seem to be obsessed with this PMPO nonsense. Also check out amplifier design if you can digest it. Fasten your seat belts, mate! This is one ride you do not want to miss.

Navin, Sam, there is a new DIY electrostatic speaker project in Rod Elliott's site. Check it out. 1.5KV supply for the ESL panel. :D

thanks vivek for those sites,will put an effort to digest every ounce of info..and ya the PMPO thingy is nonsence and this gimmick is really working well in the indian markets..when i heard the high PMPO rating i was like wow but not after my electronics teacher told me the joke behind this gimmick in my 2nd PU..