Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2007, 10:12   #556
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
the PA275 is a 2 ch amp
The Pio should power the 2xJBL 10" subs.
I think the Soundstream might be better for the 3-ways as it is a proper Class AB amp.

And of course, which 3-ways are going in? In a way, the more powerful of the two 2-ch amps should power the fronts.
a) The BEST sounding (not nesscarily the most powerful) of the 3 amps should power the front. I assume the Pio might be this amp but I would start with this...first connect HU to amp 1 and front speakers to Amp 1 and hear. repeat for Amp 2 and Amp 3. For the Pio amp use only 2 channels. let the other 2 channels idle duirng this test. Once you determine the best souding amp to your ears use that for the front.

Option a) Pio is the best souding amp then use the Pio for the fornt and rear and use the soundsteam and blaupunkt for the 2 subs.

Option b) Soundstream or Blau are best sounding. Let Pio drive the 2 subs and the remainging amp (Blau or Soundstream) drive the rears.

Follow your OWN EARS.
Old 25th January 2007, 13:03   #557
Senior - BHPian

how can wiring be a overkill? get a 0 gauge from battery to boot; use distribution thingy; then 4 gauges.... and what does this mean “The Blaupunkt PA275 has 75 Equalizer Bands.”

Last edited by jkdas : 25th January 2007 at 13:09.
Old 25th January 2007, 13:27   #558
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
and what does this mean “The Blaupunkt PA275 has 75 Equalizer Bands.”
who said that?
Old 25th January 2007, 14:50   #559
drugpeddlar

Ok, now I'm thoroughly confused. So confused that I joined Team-BHP. ;-)

After going through all what was posted on the forums for the past week without food and water, I've shortlisted on the following ICE for my new Santro. Let me know what you think and what I should change. My budget is around 30 - 35K for now including installs.

HU - Alpine (Model not decided yet) - Around 12K
Front : Kicker Components - Around 5.5K
Rear: Alpine Ovals - Around 2K
Sub + Amp : PA275 + JBL 1200 - Around 11K

Installs + Wiring - Have 5 K Leftover.

Can someone guide me ...add/remove/change my setup so that i get more value for money and of course more boom??

Old 25th January 2007, 16:00   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
and what does this mean “The Blaupunkt PA275 has 75 Equalizer Bands.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
who said that?
@JK, I was wondering the same too.

@Navin, JK probably saw this on these websites. I just saw it too and I was wondering what they meant by this.

Blaupunkt PA275 Car Audio Amplifier Specs - DealTime

Blaupunkt PA275 Car Audio Amplifier Product Information

Last edited by hydrashok : 25th January 2007 at 16:03.
Old 25th January 2007, 17:42   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@JK, I was wondering the same too.

@Navin, JK probably saw this on these websites. I just saw it too and I was wondering what they meant by this.

Blaupunkt PA275 Car Audio Amplifier Specs - DealTime

yah from a site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugpeddlar View Post
Ok, now I'm thoroughly confused. So confused that I joined Team-BHP. ;-)

After going through all what was posted on the forums for the past week without food and water, I've shortlisted on the following ICE for my new Santro. Let me know what you think and what I should change. My budget is around 30 - 35K for now including installs.

Can someone guide me ...add/remove/change my setup so that i get more value for money and of course more boom??
confused and hence joined? lol, ANyway, welcome to TBHP!

how come you decide on ALpine HU for 12k without knowing which one it is!

and Alpine Oval for 2k? Fake or grey?

And your accessory guy has a PA275 to sell? If so at what price?

Last edited by jkdas : 25th January 2007 at 17:44.
Old 25th January 2007, 19:39   #562
drugpeddlar

Hehe, I guess I should've made myself clearer. What I meant was that I had a budget of 12K for the HU and I prefer an Alpine. If you have better suggestions along with model numbers, I'm all game.

The Alpine ovals are grey market.

The PA275 is around 4K. I'll let you know the exact price when I go buy it. I think monday.

But I'm still confused about the whole ICE configuration. Still feel I could get something better for this amount. Any guidance and suggestions would definitely help me a lot.

Old 27th January 2007, 10:35   #563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What I meant was that I had a budget of 12K for the HU and I prefer an Alpine.
The Alpine ovals are grey market.
The PA275 is around 4K.

Quote:
My budget is around 30 - 35K for now including installs.
a) If you thinking Alpine get the 9843/45/47 not the 26/27 that is going cheap. You should get the 9843 for 12K or less.

b) Alpine ovals (6x9) are not available for 2K not even grey. I suspect you are getting stuff that is only labeled as Alpine. Please check this.

c) The PA275 is a nice amp to drive your sub at 4K it is a steal. I know I just "stole" 2 a few months back thanks to friends fron TBHP.

At 35K spend 10K on the HU, 10K on the speakers, and 10K on the sub and amp and 5K on damping the front doors and RCA wire.
Old 27th January 2007, 20:16   #564
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Navin, I was thinking of replying earlier, but I have a feeling drugpeddlar won't be able to see your reply because he's banned.
Old 28th January 2007, 11:18   #565
Team-BHP Support

See Sam I never see who is asking the question or what his/her status is leave alone mine. I am hear to help as much as I can and learn even more.
Old 28th January 2007, 19:23   #566

Hi guys. I'm back. Had gotten banned. Apparently, the username wasn't acceptable. :-)

Anyway, while I was away, I caught hold of another audio install guy. This one's trying to make a name for himself and in the process, completely revamped my thinking.

Here's what I'm going in for now

HU: Pioneer 6950 - 8K (grey)
Front: JBL Comps - 4.5 K (Grey)
Rear: JBL Comps - 4.5K (Grey)
Sub: JBL 1200 GTO - 5K
Box: Customised JBL Boom box - 2K
Amp: Sony 4 Channel - 600 Watts (forgot the model number) - 4.5K
Install and door moulding- 5K
Cables - 1.5 K

Works out to 35K approx.

How he's going to install is, he's going to fix the first JBL comp by molding the frame on to the front door. (Will send pics).
The rear he's going to mold the second JBL comp onto the OE frame which comes on the xing.
The sub goes in the boot. The amp under the seat.
2 channels from the amp bridged to the sub and the remaining 2 channels power the front comps.
This leaves space for 1 more amp in my next budget (can't wait for my salary) to power the rear comps (till then will power them straight from the HU - 3 outs). Also planning to get a cd changer later.

So what do you think? I still didn't buy it yet. But the prices are the lowest I could find in town. Any advice or modifications?? I'm counting entirely on you guys for recommendations (and approval??) :-) So help me out.
Old 28th January 2007, 23:35   #567
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephike View Post
HU: Pioneer 6950 - 8K (grey)
Front: JBL Comps - 4.5 K (Grey)
Rear: JBL Comps - 4.5K (Grey)
Sub: JBL 1200 GTO - 5K
Box: Customised JBL Boom box - 2K
Amp: Sony 4 Channel - 600 Watts (forgot the model number) - 4.5K... The amp under the seat. ...
This leaves space for 1 more amp in my next budget...But the prices are the lowest I could find in town. ....(and approval??) :-) So help me out.
a) dont just look for the lowest prices look for the best install skill. a bad install can ruin the best stereo.

b) If you are saving 50% in the grey market by all mean it makes sense but if you are only saving 10% in te grey market why take that risk?

c) I'd try and strech 2K more and get the Pio 6100 instead of the sony 554. then when you get a new amp you can use the 6100 to drive the rear and sub and use the new amp to drive the fronts.

d) Damping the front doors might be a good investment too.
Old 28th January 2007, 23:41   #568
Senior - BHPian

josephike, except for the Sony amp, your setup is fine. For the amp, the JBLCS60.4 or the entry-level Pio 4-channel (6100?) are costlier, but better options.

Your installer is going to mould custom pods for you? Using fiberglass? Any idea about the models names of the JBL comps?

Only 1.5K for cables? That sounds a bit low for power wiring and RCAs (assuming you'll be using the wires that come with the speakers for speaker wiring). Since you plan to add a second amp later, a 4G wiring kit should be used now. Please don't use BOSS or other very cheap options for power or RCA. Try and see if your installer can get you a genuine JBL wiring kit (About 3K).

You really don't need comps in the back. Not if you do the driving most of the time. Co-axials will be fine in the rear.
Old 29th January 2007, 15:56   #569
Team-BHP Support

..also I hear Audison makes some nice RCA running about 1K per pair, Monster is more easily available (atleast where I live) for 1.4K per pair
Old 29th January 2007, 16:35   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
..also I hear Audison makes some nice RCA running about 1K per pair, Monster is more easily available (atleast where I live) for 1.4K per pair
1k? which one?

josephike; seems you got an installer who knows something

as others pointed out why not the Pio or JBL CS series amp?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks