Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2006, 16:15   #31

You are right. The ATB10AT Does not have a digital amplifier. It has a ClassAB amplifier. The audiobahn ATB10AT is sold by soomoku as
CB-250-3A. This was priced at about 7500 if memory serves me right.

The model that i have in my car is SW-300B which has a Digital amplifier.
This is what i got for 14k. Most other brands charge a similar amount for a mono class D amp.
Here you get the amp, woofer and an enclosure designed to thiele-small parameters, for that price.

If you can suggest something similar at a lower price pls let me know.
I can use it for my other car.
Old 23rd August 2006, 17:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

want no part of any fight but I picked up a Blau PA275 amp - 275 watts RMS Continuous - for pretty cheap - in fact a few of us here did!

Hunt around .. a few of them may still be around .. you should be able to get them betwwen 4-6k!.. Excellent bang for the buck!

Last edited by kb100 : 23rd August 2006 at 17:02.
Old 23rd August 2006, 17:06   #33
Team-BHP Support

For 14K I'd spend 7K on a Pio 6100. 6K on a 12" sub from JBL or Alpine. and 1K on a sealed box. Then I can use the other 2 channels of the 6100 for my front speakers.

If howeever I find a PA275 for 4K then I can get a Hertz 300 sub for 8K in the same selaed box.
Old 23rd August 2006, 17:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

hey vikram!

I would be greatful to you if you can tell me where to find details about soomoku products and theirs specs/prices etc. I tried soomoku.com and palesha.com but both return a blank page! Also, are there any dealers in bangalore?

BTW, a question about the classD amp that you mentioned- are there any technical advantages/disadvantages associated with it? if so, can you please elaborate...
Old 23rd August 2006, 18:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

Well.. Dont kow about that amp.. but Class D amps generally have greater efficiency than calss A, B or AB amps and hence run much cooler - However a fallout is fildelity. Which is why they generally used for a sub woofer application..

I am however told the technology is being tweaked enought o be able to give acceptable harmonics across the range - very soon you may find all the amps adopting this.

I also read about a new G class of amps - Genesis calls their Ultra range that!
Old 23rd August 2006, 18:44   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
I tried soomoku.com and palesha.com but both return a blank page!
That says a lot about that bramnd and their promoters!!!

Please! I think the Sumokooo (hope I got it right in pronouncation) is not a very good offer for the price you pay. Ofcourse, I think so. You can check Navin's reference of Hertz Subwoofer + Blau PA275 config. For me that's the bet deal for that money.

And B&T you da boss when it comes to explaining SAM with his clothes down!!!
Old 23rd August 2006, 19:19   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hey .. I have a Soomoku too ..
But then am far from being an audiophile. So all I can say is that I'm quite happy with it. Good bass inside which is enuff for me and which at the same time does not wake up any neighbours or shake up other cars on the road ...
Old 23rd August 2006, 19:59   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
That says a lot about that bramnd and their promoters!!!
You may be right here... but there is another possibility (which I am not at all trying to insist on) that it could also mean you may get a real VFM deal from them! Compare it with fiat india website which was down for over year or so (apparantly for not paying their dues to page maintainer!) but that doesn't necessarily imply their car quality is bad

Quote:
Please! I think the Sumokooo (hope I got it right in pronouncation) is not a very good offer for the price you pay. Ofcourse, I think so. You can check Navin's reference of Hertz Subwoofer + Blau PA275 config. For me that's the bet deal for that money.
I have read a lot of posts by navin on this forum, and based on that I can take his verdict for granted by now. But that doesn't stop me from exploring other options... there is no harm in checking it out... especially when vikram is claiming that "they assist Audiobahn in their subwoofer R&D". Here is another such praise about it- "But for the record, their subwoofer Dynaquest was once adjudged the best Home Theater Subwoofer by AvMax." Refer to this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/20347-post9.html

If I am not wrong, navin himself has not heard soomoku subs much.
Old 23rd August 2006, 23:18   #39
BANNED

Quote:

If I am not wrong, navin himself has not heard soomoku subs much.
I'm laughing!!!!
Please! We got a new Moderator for the ICE section it seems!!
Old 24th August 2006, 00:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm laughing!!!!
well, we live in a free country...we are supposed to have freedom of expression, in fact thats why we have forums like this. I have no problem if you wish to laugh for whatever reason, or no reason at all!
Quote:
That was not my intention, but I think this thread needs some moderation for sure. Think about it, when somebody is giving feedback on his soomoku sub for the benifit of others, in this thread titled... you know what... and he is immediately accused of promotion! while actually the thread had already gone off-topic to other brands before his post, he brought it back to the topic!! Let me just assume that may be he was warned based on some bad history... but then what does this statement mean - "Your post has no relevance and you've revived this thread after a year for no reason". Isn't it ridiculus?? I mean if feedback on soomoku subs is irrelevant in this thread, then where else would it be "relevant"?? outside t-bhp or what???? Not to mention, I am referring to posts #17 & #18

BTW, I said so about navin because I had read following post sometime back, and since I was not 100% sure about it I had clearly mentioned its uncertainty by saying "If I am not wrong"
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/97038-post2.html
Old 24th August 2006, 02:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

Soomoku doing R&D for audiobahn ! Hmm !
Interesting, We Import a lot of Audiobahn and have almost every 12" sub they produce Except the Immortal Series Sub.
Have to see what the Soomokoo what whatever it is, sounds like when I see and hear it.
Just an opinion, Does'nt Soomokoo sound too funny ? I mean it sounds very very odd for an Company name that produces Audio Drivers.
I can take Image Dynamics, that at first if you don't know sound's like a Web Design Portal. But they make some really neat Speakers.
Then there is Cliff Designs, sounds like they are some interior design company, but, they are selling a quite strong Car Audio productline, new but good stuff.
But Soomokoo ?? I have not seen that stuff in here in the market, maybe when it comes I may have darshan of the root of such controversy, till then ...............
Old 24th August 2006, 04:07   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow... and then there are bad days for the ICE thread.

Guys, this forum survives on difference of opinion. And nobody loves a good argument more than I do.
Vikram, we slam a lot of brands, somehow in our heads, we feel we're qualified to do that. In any case, it is one's own opinion. It seems to me and others that for the price you mention, there are a lot of better options. It's our opinion, live with it, it bears as much value as yours or anyone elses.
Secondly, once earlier, your post regarding sumokoo, multiple posts on various threads was deleted by a moderator (nope, i am not one, though i often put my pseudo-mod costume on cos i love this forum) because he/they saw it as strangely irrelevant and decided that you were affiliated to the brand. I repeat, I am no moderator, but I do what i can to help.
I ask you this, for the record. Are you affiliated to the sales/marketing/manufactire of Sumokoo in any way? If your answer is NO, then I retract my statement about promotion and apologise.

I, on the other hand am quite deeply affiliated to JBL and honestly, madly proud of it. I do wear the logo with pride. And it's tattoed on my little general as B&T said. And I do not think it (sporting my little logo) tantamounts (nice vocabulary, by the way) to brand promotion, because i honestly wish my friends here would rather not spend their hard earned money on JBL, and use it to get laid more. (I can see everyone nodding gravely, yes yes, laid laid)

Team-BHP is a non commercial forum and nobody affiliated with any brand is permitted to promote it. Nobody. That goes for me too.
I'm not the only guy here with a JBL logo by the way, or a JBL product in their avatar (id). If you read my signature, it'll be easier to understand why.
So if you sport a sumokoo logo (do they have one?) with your avatar (id), I'll respect it and wont ask you why. I'll assume you are a fan of the brand.

That said, i'fd like to tell you that your statement about Sumokoo doing research for audiobahn is quite untrue. Let me also just tell you B&T is qualified to and in a fantastic position to negate that statement. Also I'd be surprised if Audiobahn inc.knew sumokoo existed.

santhosh,s - You have some great quality audio posts up and I read them with pleasure everyday. Thank you.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 24th August 2006 at 04:23.
Old 24th August 2006, 12:19   #43
Senior - BHPian

Thats so nice & kind of you, Sam... indeed!
and thanks for your appreciation.
Old 24th August 2006, 14:27   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...I tried soomoku.com and palesha.com but both return a blank page! Also, are there any dealers in bangalore?

BTW, a question about the classD amp that you mentioned- are there any technical advantages/disadvantages associated with it? if so, can you please elaborate...
palesha.com seems to be down for the moment but I have visited this site in the past so it does exist. why it is down is a question I would only ask Mahendra Palesha. It would be wrong to say I have not heard Palesha products mcuh. I have auditioned them a few years back and was not very satisfied with what i heard. Mahendra did admit that his product is designed to satisfy an audience different from myself.

Quote:
I'm laughing!!!!
This is exaclty the kind of statement that starts flame wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
...Secondly, once earlier, your post regarding sumokoo, multiple posts on various threads was deleted by a moderator (nope, i am not one, though i often put my pseudo-mod costume on cos i love this forum) because he/they saw it as strangely irrelevant and decided that you were affiliated to the brand. I repeat, I am no moderator, but I do what i can to help.
I ask you this, for the record. Are you affiliated to the sales/marketing/manufactire of Sumokoo in any way? If your answer is NO, then I retract my statement about promotion and apologise.

Team-BHP is a non commercial forum and nobody affiliated with any brand is permitted to promote it..
Vickram, I do expect you to answer Sam's question. Preferable in public but atleast in a PM to myself.

As Sam says TBHP is a non commercial forum. Sam and co have obliged us by not promoting their products here. It is however free for any memeber to post his/her opinions on any procuts they have tested.

Regarding Sumoko,

I have heard their subs on a number of occasions. While there is always a way to tweak the install to get respectable performace out of them I feel there are better products out there that do NOT require this effort. Why I have been able to tweak the famous Pioneer TS20 tweeters to perfrom respectably if not well but was that effort worth it? For academic purposes, YES; for commercial purposes NO.
Old 24th August 2006, 16:52   #45

Hi Santosh,

I got my soomoku sub in blore at Auto- planet in Koramangala, a few months ago. I think he is also the offical dealer for nakamichi. Was really impressed by the guy's tech knowledge, a quality that i haven't come across in any car accesory dealer in delhi. His name is was either "Talani" or "Palani". I no longer live in Blore. I can try and ask someone there and get the number for you in a day or two.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks