Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2007, 20:01   #46
JPL
BHPian

Yo sam, I would also like to know something, I have bought all the ICE stuff with B&W and of course $$. I wanted to register my two amps and the 427 on the JBL website, however it asked for the serial number. Now, I dont have the box nor do I have the manual,

Is it important for the serial number to be mentioned in the bill, like cell phones, does it make a difference and also is there a chance that the dealer will keep the box and manual and sell grey stuff with those boxes and manual..?

Please enlighten on this..how does this work, and also if iam right the dealer should have a bill from the distributor with the serial number which I can always ask from them. waddya say?
Old 12th March 2007, 10:39   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
Is it important for the serial number to be mentioned in the bill, like cell phones, does it make a difference and also is there a chance that the dealer will keep the box and manual and sell grey stuff with those boxes and manual..?
Sam is a bit indisposed of late so I'll chip in.

a) I always insist that the S/N be on the bill. I do this for my records. Otherwise I wont know which amp/HU/speakers was bought when and for how much.

b) There are bad dealers and good dealers. My dealer has even got stuff that was bought wilth Bill but just out of the 12 month warranty period fixed for me under warranty. Some dealers have good relationships with the manufacturers and will do this. In my case even the Manufacturers rep knew that my product was 14 months old and was out of warranty but since the problem was genuine he obliged. SO get a dealer with whom you have a good relationship with and the dealer can help you a lot.

BTW Usually the same S/N is on the product and the box so if a customer checks he can find out if the product supplsied to him was in the right box.
Old 29th March 2007, 22:09   #48
BHPian

Can someone please pm me the contact details of the JBL distributor in Kolkata?
Old 30th March 2007, 14:09   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Can someone please pm me the contact details of the JBL distributor in Kolkata?
Check This link or Pm Sam Kapasi.
Old 30th March 2007, 14:34   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Or buy an autocar and look at the back of it for details. Otherwise PM sam kapasi lol.
Old 14th April 2007, 17:07   #51
BHPian

I have been to many shops at Surat for ICEing my and my friend's car and I found every one was selling fake wiring kits(The small package).
Old 16th April 2007, 10:17   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
I have been to many shops at Surat for ICEing my and my friend's car and I found every one was selling fake wiring kits(The small package).
Funny, most fake stuff is better distributed than the original stuff.
Old 16th April 2007, 13:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Funny, most fake stuff is better distributed than the original stuff.
i guess thats due to better margins at all levels. I did not even know what wiring was used in my car until Blueraven opened it & had the shock of my life.
Old 16th April 2007, 13:47   #54
BHPian

hi,

just wanted to know from where does the grey stuff come from. are these smuggled from other countries? or from the manufacturer directly? if they are getting it fro other countries do the smugglers get warranty or bill? was curious to know.

we dont get anything in jalandhar with b/w. i wish i could do something about it. i was even planning to open shop stockin genuine b/w stuff but dont have the cash to do it right now. but the day will come and it will come fast. i hate the people who buy grey even if genuine stuff is available. i was 1 of those but i had no choice. but now i have decided to only buy b/w stuff and i will try and educate people here about the same. im already doing it but people here think that grey is much cheaper than b/w stuff all thanks to pioneer. except pioneer i dont think there is much difference in the prices as i found out when i was planning the ice upgrade.

cheers
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 16th April 2007 at 13:49.
Old 16th April 2007, 14:01   #55
BHPian

I also have the same query.. Where does this grey stuff come from? If I see a JBL wiring which is made for sale in Mexico but it smuggled in India and sold in grey market then does this make it of bad quality? I know my raise a lot of eyebrows but I am just a curious little soul
If we are really worried about the quality of wires/accessories then we should have some kind of stress testing done which proves that the grey market stuff is fake and of bad quality.
There should be a difference between fake and genuine but grey. If we are talking about ethics then its a totally different issue
Old 16th April 2007, 14:09   #56
Senior - BHPian

Guys, there is a HUGE difference between grey & fake. Fakes are made right here. When you buy grey, you are never sure if it is an original.When you buy with B/W, you know you cant be cheated.
Old 17th April 2007, 06:08   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Guys, there is a HUGE difference between grey & fake. Fakes are made right here. When you buy grey, you are never sure if it is an original.When you buy with B/W, you know you cant be cheated.
hi,

sir Grey market doesn't mean fakes. i was referring to original stuff without b/w.

well IMO its not that difficult to distinguish fakes. but first time buyer can get fooled. well if you wanna buy grey first try if you can see the original somwhere else. try to note down each and every detail from the net and see as many pictures you can. there is 90% chance you will be able to distinguish. well this is my opinion but i would strongly suggest to buy with b/w to make sure its original. well i have come across many sellers who will issue a kabootar bill. yes its called kabootar(means fake) in Delhi(im talking about stores in general,stores who sell phones etc etc.) this kind of bill has no value. so be careful about the kabootar bill or else the kabootar will take you for a ride:-)

cheers

clip
Old 17th April 2007, 09:50   #58
BHPian

one should always look for the TIN number of the shopkeeper on the bill. If its not there its definitely a fake.
Old 17th April 2007, 11:55   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Well not necessarily, there are ways people find to cheat even after the bill is made, some time ago one of my friends got conned buying some expensive equipment on bill and it supposed to have had official warranty but the Retailer sold Grey euipment which also turned out to be a refurb and on failiure he did not receive any support from the Dealer or the Authorised Distributor cos they kept playing ping pong blaming eachother for months. So one has to know who to stay away from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
one should always look for the TIN number of the shopkeeper on the bill. If its not there its definitely a fake.
That is a good Idea, but at the same time always try to go to a Retailer who was referred by few people or has a very good reputation in market. As long as you have a valid bill and you don't wanna see the retailer for whatever reason, the official distributors will support you, at least that's the case with JBL.
Old 2nd May 2007, 09:33   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
If I see a JBL wiring which is made for sale in Mexico but it smuggled in India and sold in grey market then does this make it of bad quality?
Not at all! IF there was such a thing.

Allow me to explain. Unlike the older days, most reputed brands sell the same repertoire of products across the globe. Because marketing strategies are now getting similar. The same GTO937 that sells in Budapest, sells in Bombay.

I agree, sometimes, certain retailers will sell original products, without a bill and warranty. You may not feel cheated in this case, but I think the point here, being made is, there are people that can manufacture fake JBL cabling kits. Where does it end? Who is to decide?

To elaborate on the wiring kit again, there is no JBL wiring kit made for another country. There is one comon kit worldwide and it is difficult to procure.

There are however, fake JBL kits, made in india lol.
I hope you don't buy it because the quality is crap.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks