Old 18th December 2008, 22:41   #106
Senior - BHPian

thank you nitrous, easy as that
Old 24th December 2008, 23:24   #107
Vin
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Saw a fake KICKER Wiring kit few day back I thought of sharing with all of you people....

the power cable was so thin , you can compare with the rca plug for the reference.

Hey LBM,

Can you show us what the real kit looks like,

I might be buying the kicker ck44 cable kit soon,

would love a heads up on the real kit,

plus if someone knows the retail price i might get in delhi for this kit , info would be helpful,

are there any other kits available that are similar to this one in terms of quality that are available easily in delhi (genuines ofcourse ),

might be buying from a shop in lajpat nagar/def col,

cheers

Vin

Last edited by bblost : 9th October 2010 at 20:51. Reason: Please remove images from quoted text. Thanks.
Old 17th August 2009, 23:39   #108
Senior - BHPian

Sir Yeti, hats off to you for well illustrated descriptions of the real stuff. I got JBL S644 amp, GT5-S12 sub and Original JBL Wiring. I went to Karol Bagh yesterday and saw the fake wiring in rectangular packing, the guy said that since beginning this wiring is coming from JBL, but a last minute refresher of this thread reminded me of new original kit from JBL which being asked was arranged for Rs.1,450.

I love JBL, it's just that in view of my budget constraint I had to settle for Grey market stuff.

See the remains of the sticker on the kit's packing, it's another sign of Grey market stuff. The same remains were also there on Sub and Amp boxes.

A suggestion, if one is not aware of Grey Market don't take the risk; better find a genuine reseller. There is 100% chance of being duped, in my case I went to the dealer who was known to my uncle so I survived the ordeal faced by the rest.
Attached Thumbnails
Fake Wiring kit-160820092035.jpg  

Last edited by tsk13 : 17th August 2009 at 23:45.
Old 7th September 2010, 17:39   #109
BHPian

Cost of JBL wiring KIT

GUYs. i did get to see the JBL wiring kit in its true package. It had an MRP of 2990/- and manufacture date was november 2008. The guy was selling it for 2490/- The package includes a Thick Oranger Power cable with Fuse, transparent brownish Ground cable, Red RCA & a Blue RCA. the package also mentioned it had an RCA remote ON/OFF. Any idea what this is?

Shall i go ahead guys?
Old 7th September 2010, 21:20   #110
BHPian

any pics of the same?
Old 14th September 2010, 19:50   #111
BHPian

It looks exactly like the genuine one posted initially in this forum
Old 14th September 2010, 20:09   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullal_h View Post
It looks exactly like the genuine one posted initially in this forum
Talk about old stock, lol.

Well if it looks genuine...ask for a bill and buy it.
Old 15th September 2010, 00:13   #113
BHPian

Yeah. the package was all dusted!. But why ask for bill. doesnt it make any difference taking it without bill from a car decor shop who'll install it himself?
Old 15th September 2010, 12:28   #114
BHPian

Exactly like this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Well so far JBL has only one wiring kit. I think the safest is to insist on a Bill.
Here's a picture of the real mcoy.
This is what it exactly looked like Thanks to Sam. Even i got tricked since i bought the duplicate Cable 4 years ago for Rs 700 and a free carry case :(
Old 9th October 2010, 19:24   #115
BANNED

Can anyone please tell me where i can get JBL Original wiring kit in Delhi/NCR. I know they stopped manufacturing long ago but may be someone has old stock .I tried Karol Bagh but couldn't get any genuine ones.

I want the genuine one only.I already have one set installed looking for another one for the secong amp i added recently.

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th October 2010, 19:56   #116
Senior - BHPian

Check with those who usually carry a large inventory or those who mainly deal in Harman products.
Thanks for the reminder though. I need to stock up on a few kits for myself.
Old 9th October 2010, 19:58   #117
Senior - BHPian

@Trust_in_Thrust: Why don't you buy Scosche wiring kit? Now Scosche is available through Sahil, so JBL shop would have it.
Old 9th October 2010, 20:04   #118
BANNED

I wanted to have same colour combination's.If i went scosche way then i wiull to have to buy 3 pairs , ( three rca's , two power lines , two ground wires , remote wire , two fuse blocks for two amps ) .Also my feel of both JBL and scosche clearly says JBL is much better than other atleast in looks and feel department.
Old 9th October 2010, 20:43   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I wanted to have same colour combination's.If i went scosche way then i wiull to have to buy 3 pairs , ( three rca's , two power lines , two ground wires , remote wire , two fuse blocks for two amps ) .Also my feel of both JBL and scosche clearly says JBL is much better than other atleast in looks and feel department.
I agree with the Scosche vs JBL statement.
JBL is proper 8 ga. ie. 10 mm.sq
While the "8 ga." of Scosche is 6.5 mm.sq
It's the same with Connection Audison as well, their 8 ga. is actually 10 ga.

But, the choice will come down to the amplifier being used.

T_I_T, I would suggest stripping your power wiring and do a proper single large gauge to distribution blocks and distribute them equally. This would simplify things and is actually better.

Depending on both your amps, we could suggest the wiring needed.
Old 23rd October 2010, 17:24   #120
BHPian

This one's for Sam or anyone skilled in the field.

Based on my ICE setup (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...mjd-delhi.html) I went back to Ahuja Car Decor to get a better wiring kit cause I couldn't seem to get rid of alternator whine.

Ahuja car decor in Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi is run by Gaurav Ahuja. He's a really decent fellow and has always been honest with me with all the work I've got in my car.

I've been following this thread closely and took pictures of the two JBL wiring kits (new and old) that are original. When I reached his shop, the JBL kit he had was these ones (attached pics). I told him as per Sam's knowledge, these were fake. Gaurav was quite taken aback at this, and I feel for the guy cause I know he's a genuine person. He was 100% sure that this was original and that his supplier is good. He told me these kits were made in mexico and imported from the US. All the details are shown in the pics.

All the other JBL equipment (amp, woof, ovals, compos) from him are all brilliant. Please go through the thread link above to see my complete story of how I setup my entire audio system in my car.

Now here comes the punchline. After at least 15 minutes of argument about the wiring kit being fake or not (I even showed him pictures on my phone from T-BHP of the original ones) he said this - "Sir, you prove in any way, that this wiring kit wasn't made by JBL and I will refund your entire cash that you've spent on your system"

Just for the record, I've spent over Rs. 25,000 on this setup. I have nothing against Gaurav, he's been an honest seller and person towards me. Can someone, somehow let him know if this wiring kit is fake? Because he's 100% sure he's right. He says its imported.

Any help will be awesome. Thanks guys.

PS: I just got my system re-wired with my current wiring (I just used the advice Low_bass_makker gave me over the phone and everything is great now. No alternator whine, no horn interference, all speakers and tweeters crystal clear )

PS2: I know pictures of a similar looking kit have been posted in earlier pages of this thread. But just because of how sure Gaurav Ahuja was of this being original, I took pics at the shop and posted em.
Attached Thumbnails
Fake Wiring kit-20101023_120353_730_new-delhi.jpg  

Fake Wiring kit-20101023_120417_942_new-delhi.jpg  

Fake Wiring kit-20101023_120429_114_new-delhi.jpg  

Fake Wiring kit-20101023_120442_466_new-delhi.jpg  

Fake Wiring kit-20101023_120456_948_new-delhi.jpg  

Fake Wiring kit-20101023_120505_614_new-delhi.jpg  

Last edited by ByDesign : 23rd October 2010 at 17:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks