Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2010, 20:29   #1
BHPian

ICE for a Chevrolet BEAT

Hello TEAM, I'm booking a BEAT LS early next week. This variant comes without ICE and I'm a serious noob with regards to ICE. I'm looking for some advice from you gurus on what options I'd have with these preferences:

1.Budget - 12K-15K tops.
2.Music I listen to regularly: Hip-Hop and RnB with a dash of bolly-tolly numbers.
3.I do not want a booming system, all that I'm looking for is better-than-decent tight bass and good clarity. A booming system for 41KM daily might make me deaf.
4.Not sure if I should get a sub, because I'm not sure if speakers would be able to produce the bass I need. Please advise.
5.I'd like to save on the very tiny boot space of the BEAT, so if I need a sub, it better not be in my boot or on the parcel tray, coz I don't like these trays.
6.I like the way double-DIN HUs look, but I'm not sure if I'd catch anything within my budget, or if it is really required.
7. Features required: USB for pendrives. I wouldn't need any BT or iPxxx compatibility.

Appreciate your advise.
Old 9th May 2010, 21:19   #2
BHPian

15k is a decent budget for ICE. I'd suggest you extend it around 20k and you'd be set for a fantastic SQ system

You can split the amount as

1) HU - Kenwood/Pioneer ~ 5-6k
2) Front Components ~ Bull Audio/Illusion Audio/JBL ~ 6k
3) 4 Channel Amp - Kenwood/JBL ~ 6k
4) Wiring Kit + Install ~ 2k

You can go for a Blaupunkt 10" or 12" sub later on.
Will cost you not more than 2.5k. And around 1k for the subwoofer box.

Good luck!
Old 9th May 2010, 21:21   #3
BHPian

@thelord Thanks. Wouldn't the HU be able to power those components and .. uh.. I think you forgot to include rear (co-ax?) speakers.
And, any idea what would be a good place to fix a sub (later, if needed.) without killing boot space?

Last edited by hellmet : 9th May 2010 at 21:23.
Old 9th May 2010, 23:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
15k is a decent budget for ICE.
Look look who is saying decent hehe

Beat & Alto suffers from same problem. Both can only accomodate 4" speakers in dash without any modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
@thelord Thanks. Wouldn't the HU be able to power those components and .. uh.. I think you forgot to include rear (co-ax?) speakers.
And, any idea what would be a good place to fix a sub (later, if needed.) without killing boot space?
4" coax - 2-3k
Rear 6x9 - 3-4k
HU -5 -6K
Amp -6k
wiring -2k
Old 9th May 2010, 23:22   #5
BHPian

@abhibh, would the 4" in front and 6X9 center sound towards the rear?
And, again the same Q, wouldn't the HU be able to power these components without an amp? Or maybe I should get the amp to scale it up to a sub later?
Thanks!
Old 9th May 2010, 23:28   #6
BHPian

Oh! I wasn't aware that the Beat can only take 4" in front. That kinda makes matters tough.

@hellmet
The HU would be able power the speakers but just for moderate listening. The internal amp of the HU begins to distort beyond a certain point. I'd advice the same setup as abhibh advised. The soundstage can be adjusted by tuning the amp properly. If you can extend your budget, I'll recommend Illusion Audio 4" components which are much better than most of the 4" co-axials that I have heard.
Old 10th May 2010, 00:27   #7
BHPian

Can't really extend budget. :( . Another question : Would it void any warranty if I get the ICE done outside the showroom and I don't cut any doors or boards?
Also, anybody know if Orange Chevrolet, Hyderabad ,charges normal rates or if it goes insane with margins?
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:41   #8

Hi Team,

This is my first post. Following up in ICE in the Beat, I have a Beat LT and I read here, Chevy Beat User Review: A Car Owner perspective of the Chevrolet Beat | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog, that the HU is Blaupunkt. Does anyone know more specifications about the inbuilt car stereo in the LT?

Thanks,

(PS: I am yet to figure out a signature )
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

@chevybeat, you really don't need the specs (should be there in the manual that came with the car).

To know what connection possibilities are there, visit the GM service center and sweet talk your way into getting them to take out the HU so that you can see the top and rear of the HU. There should be a sticker that says what connections are available in the rear. If you can take some pics, someone should be able to help you after that.
Old 8th July 2010, 23:00   #10
BHPian

Seeking below given speakers in Pune, can anybody guide me with dealer details where i can get it from

Rear speakers - Polk db641
Front speakers - Boston playsmart si403
Old 9th July 2010, 11:20   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Seeking below given speakers in Pune, can anybody guide me with dealer details where i can get it from

Rear speakers - Polk db641
Front speakers - Boston playsmart si403
Here is a good thread to read through with details of Car Audio shops http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...int-shops.html
Also have a look at CARAX CARAX, Auto Accessories Store in Pune, India's Largest Car Accessories Store, Quality Car Accessories Stores at Pune, Live Car Audio System Shop, Car Music System on Pune Highway, 3M Car Care Products, Alloy Wheels in Pune, Good Car Accessories Mall,
I got work on my car done at Poona Motors Poona Motors in Camp Pune - Justdial
Also search for Pune in the In-Car entertainment section and there are many threads, some might be relevant to needs.
Good Luck
Old 9th July 2010, 12:21   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybeat View Post
Hi Team,

This is my first post. Following up in ICE in the Beat, I have a Beat LT and I read here, Chevy Beat User Review: A Car Owner perspective of the Chevrolet Beat | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog, that the HU is Blaupunkt. Does anyone know more specifications about the inbuilt car stereo in the LT?

Thanks,

(PS: I am yet to figure out a signature )
Iceing Beat is a real pain with limited provisions for a music enthusiast.

Being not opted for Stock HU, I was bit nevous for finding a good HU but it all settled once I got my own ice setup Kenny HU+Clarion Amp+Phonex Gold 6"comps front+JBL GT5S204 rear and JBL GT5 S12 Sub. I like the front sound stage so comps were at the front doors. Yet to explore more on this.
Old 13th July 2010, 12:50   #13
BHPian

I have ICEd my Beat LT by replacing the stock speakers with better sounding ones. This made a huge and a very positive difference to the quality of sound. Will be adding an amp and sub soon to complete the setup so as of now I am half way there.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1889596
Old 13th July 2010, 13:17   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Iceing Beat is a real pain with limited provisions for a music enthusiast.

Being not opted for Stock HU, I was bit nevous for finding a good HU but it all settled once I got my own ice setup Kenny HU+Clarion Amp+Phonex Gold 6"comps front+JBL GT5S204 rear and JBL GT5 S12 Sub. I like the front sound stage so comps were at the front doors. Yet to explore more on this.
Any reviews from your side regarding this sub. Which enclosure are you using?
Old 13th July 2010, 14:21   #15
h14
BHPian

my suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Can't really extend budget. :( . Another question : Would it void any warranty if I get the ICE done outside the showroom and I don't cut any doors or boards?
Also, anybody know if Orange Chevrolet, Hyderabad ,charges normal rates or if it goes insane with margins?
I'm not sure about the warranty, but I got my Spary ICE'd in the aftermarket and I've gone in for 6.5" Kicker comps at the front. Since mine is the LPG variant, it was pretty tough to fit anything apart from 4" coaxials in the rear and hence I've gone in only with the comps and nothing in the rear.

Believe me, there is unbelievable difference between 4" and 6.5" comps. Check out my installation pictures if you plan to go for 6.5" comps. I'd highly recommend you go for 6 or 6.5" comps in the front.

Regarding sub-woofer, you can check out the Xenos Sub which comes with a built-in amp and can be installed under the front seat. You can check it in the xenos website. It retails for around 8k.

ICE for a Chevrolet BEAT-dsc00275.jpg

ICE for a Chevrolet BEAT-dsc00276.jpg

ICE for a Chevrolet BEAT-dsc00278.jpg

Last edited by h14 : 13th July 2010 at 14:24. Reason: uploaded pics

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks