Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2010, 19:29   #16
oss
BHPian

Just the kind of solution that i've been looking for
Old 17th May 2010, 14:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi GTO.
I'm facing some issues with this stuff, so hoping you can suggest me something.
When i fire igain it sync's with itunes but it doesn't list the all the songs which i have in my ipod, not sure what the deal is .
Neither it shows the play list which i have created.

If you seem on the left is the itunes window and on right is the iGain
On the itunes plane its lists all the songs and playlist under DEVICE Section . but if you see Igain it doesnt show the same .
Attached Thumbnails
GUIDE : How to Normalize / Equalize the volume of your entire song collection-ipod-igain.jpg  

Last edited by Schoudhury : 17th May 2010 at 14:57.
Old 17th May 2010, 17:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

GTO going techie here ... Nice information as always
Old 18th May 2010, 12:02   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
I'm facing some issues with this stuff, so hoping you can suggest me something.
iGain will NOT sync with your iPod, rather it only will with your iTunes. From the screenshots you've provided, and with my limited understanding of iGain, it seems that your iPod has more songs than your iTunes (could have been synced with another computer?). Google for "transferring songs from iPod to Computer".

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Just the kind of solution that i've been looking for
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
GTO going techie here ... Nice information as always
Thanks guys.
Old 18th May 2010, 17:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
iGain will NOT sync with your iPod, rather it only will with your iTunes. From the screenshots you've provided, and with my limited understanding of iGain, it seems that your iPod has more songs than your iTunes (could have been synced with another computer?). Google for "transferring songs from iPod to Computer".

Thanks guys.
Thanks GTO will try that .
Cheers
Old 19th May 2010, 22:42   #21
BHPian

Thanks a lot GTO.

Been wondering about this ever since I got an iPod a few days ago.
Old 20th May 2010, 13:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Will this work for normal playing with a USB stick through car's HU? Or this software( as it seems to be as it's bound to iTunes) works only if you have a iPod or similar player?
Old 20th May 2010, 16:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Will this work for normal playing with a USB stick through car's HU? Or this software( as it seems to be as it's bound to iTunes) works only if you have a iPod or similar player?
My understanding is that mp3 gain will work just fine normalising the files through the regular USB drive. You would need the others if you are playing it through ipod/itunes.

By the way i posted this earlier and havent received any response. Can someone help me with my following query?

I find a few mp3 files not being played when i play it through the USB whereas the same files play just about fine if i burn it in a CD in the car HU. Someone suggested me earlier about a mp3 repair tool, however even that is not able to get these files to play. I cannot make out any visible difference between the one's that dont play with the rest that plays normally. Any suggestions?
Old 21st May 2010, 10:03   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Hi Kaushik,

You need to use only MP3gain & AACgain in your case (no need for iGain, since you aren't using iTunes). Simply download the 2 softwares and run them on your MP3s. Your songs will play at a "normalised" volume, irrespective of whether you are playing via USB, CD or any other medium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
By the way i posted this earlier and havent received any response. Can someone help me with my following query?
Since your query is not related to the thread, and none of us seem to understand your problem, best to do a google.

Last edited by GTO : 21st May 2010 at 10:04.
Old 25th May 2010, 19:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thanks GTO and Bala. I'll try these 2 softwares today to my whole collection of mp3's. Also might be slightly off topic but while using Lame to convert mp3's I found that the songs become bit more enhanced in the high frequencies and I found that a bit shrill then the original CD. Settings I used was VBR 312kbps. Is there something I'm doing wrong or some settings I might've done wrong? I'm using iTunes nowadays for conversion and that seems to be ok.
Old 25th May 2010, 22:55   #26
BHPian

Didnt saw anyone claiming the offer, if the license is still there, please give it to me, Thanks.
Old 16th July 2010, 18:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

worked fantastic for me.

one question GTO.

After applying gain, will the timestamp get saved with the songs? I don't use an ipod, i have a sony walkman, but transferring the songs will have normalization included?

Thanks
Old 17th July 2010, 17:24   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
worked fantastic for me.

one question GTO.

After applying gain, will the timestamp get saved with the songs? I don't use an ipod, i have a sony walkman, but transferring the songs will have normalization included?

Thanks
Chevelle, if you follow the instructions as I've listed out, yes, a timestamp will be saved. The MP3s then have their volume normalised, no matter which device you use to play them.
Old 27th July 2010, 12:10   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

@GTO, thanks for this. Need something to work on some recordings.

I'm checking out Wavegain, and have this doubt : What is the difference between Wavegain and Amplification. Amplification is possible through most utilities. So how is this different ? What does wavegain do differently ?
Old 27th July 2010, 16:44   #30
BHPian

Hi condor,

I am sure GTO will answer this better but here is my shot anyway. MP3Gain and other similar utilities modify the header information of the sound container (which could be mp3/flac/aac)

Wavegain on the other hand works with the raw PCM wave file and applies a gain (+/- dB) on the actual sound. This means that the changes done by wavegain are not strictly speaking, lossless.

While converting my personal CDs to mp3s, I had this idea of applying wavegain to my CD WAV extracts and then converting to mp3. But it was like altering the source. So I extract the WAVs as it is, compress them to mp3s and then apply MP3Gain.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by thelord : 27th July 2010 at 16:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks