Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 19:18   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: An Audiophile Computer in the making: frankmehta's Fiesta S

Quote:
Originally Posted by huwaeiguy View Post
sir, i have vw vento with the navigation system, i just want to use the obd data to be displayed on the screen its got two video in sockets dont know hich type though, is it possible? if yes can u tell me how. Thanks

No sir. Sadly, an OBD II meant for carputers (any computer for that matter) will interface via USB and work only in Windows computers. The Vento nav system cannot display OBD through the generic ELM 327 OBD II USB module, but you can ask the vendor of your Vento Head Unit to source a compatible (if available) OBD module that will interface with your head unit
Old 30th June 2011, 10:39   #227
BHPian

ok sir, but i wanted to know if can connect a carputer to the same screen as it has 2 video input i think RCA is it possible to connect a carputer via rca video in?
Old 30th June 2011, 11:24   #228
Senior - BHPian

You can connect a carputer but cannot operate it from the touchscreen on the head unit. So basically you can only view your carputer and not operate it.
Old 31st July 2012, 17:35   #229
BHPian

Hello Gurus,

Sorry for hijacking this thread with my question. I'm in process of setting up carputer for my Fiesta. My fiesta has 2 speaker at the back, 2 on front door and 2 tweeters.
Can you please suggest and guide me - how many channel output should my motherboard have i.e I'm confusion which motherboard should I buy 2.1 / 5.1 / 7.1 channel output ?

I'm thinking of buying this motherboard -> GIGABYTE GA-E350N-USB3

Also, what kind of Amplifier would I need to get descent sound under budget.

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 10:04   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateshnair View Post
Hello Gurus,

Sorry for hijacking this thread with my question. I'm in process of setting up carputer for my Fiesta. My fiesta has 2 speaker at the back, 2 on front door and 2 tweeters.
Can you please suggest and guide me - how many channel output should my motherboard have i.e I'm confusion which motherboard should I buy 2.1 / 5.1 / 7.1 channel output ?

I'm thinking of buying this motherboard -> GIGABYTE GA-E350N-USB3

Also, what kind of Amplifier would I need to get descent sound under budget.

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks
I am using AMD fusion on my living room HTPC and its a decent buy for media needs.This MB supports upto 7.1 channels of audio. Means, you can use configurations like 2.1,4.1,5.1 and 7.1. Since we don't have a center channel present in a carputer configuration, IMHO best option would be is to set it to 4.1 configuration. 2 for front speakers and tweeters, 2 for rear speakers and .1 for the subwoofer. Other gurus please share your views
Old 2nd August 2012, 09:07   #231
BHPian

Thanks bhp_maniac.

Can you also suggest some amplifiers which is not expensive and at the same time descent sound quality.
I'm not looking at adding a sub woofer nor planning to change the stock speaker, atleast for now.

Please suggest!
Old 2nd August 2012, 10:00   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateshnair View Post
Thanks bhp_maniac.

Can you also suggest some amplifiers which is not expensive and at the same time descent sound quality.
I'm not looking at adding a sub woofer nor planning to change the stock speaker, atleast for now.

Please suggest!
Regarding amplifiers, I am not competent enough to comment about that in case of cars You can rely on naveen's recommendation. If you're not planning to add a subwoofer, make sure the sound card configuration is set to 4 channels and not 4.1. This allows feeding of some bass frequencies to the normal woofers of your co-axials. Also, make sure your sound card produces enough pre-amp outputs to drive the main amplifier. In worst case, you may need to add an extra pre-amp circuit to your set up, hopefully not !!!
Old 2nd August 2012, 11:01   #233
Senior - BHPian

Try a Kenwood 4-channel (8404? Not sure of the model number) - economical yet really sweet sounding.

Yes, 4.1 will be ideal output. No, not using the .1 (the sub output) will not increase bass into the other channels. Just let it be (not far away that you will wish for a sub ).

* You will need to refer to the MB manual for instructions on how to bring out 4 channels (4 RCA sockets) from the 2 sockets
* Label the sockets FL FR RL RR properly, so that you can wire them to the amp correctly
* You will have to draw new speaker cables from the amp to the OE speakers
* No, a pre-amp will not be required, since the amp Gain control will enable you to match the MB sound output voltage
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:05   #234
BHPian

Hi Frank,

Could you post your carputer heat monitor recordings ? i.e. what temperature it operates at ? Do you switch it off when you get out/ignition is off ? Details like those would be highly helpful.

Thanks
MM

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks