Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2005, 13:44   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Now I got nightmares. Mclaren and Sam? Ugh!
navin even im getting nightmares reading sams translations..che che sam...
Old 25th October 2005, 13:45   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

McL is the smallest guy in this forum. And sam is well.... fairly large.

It would look like a lizard on a tree ahahahaha
Old 25th October 2005, 13:46   #33
Team-BHP Support

let's re-phrase that a lizard on a hairy tree.
Old 25th October 2005, 13:48   #34
BANNED

oye sam check out my signature...
Old 25th October 2005, 13:55   #35
BANNED

Quote:
naahhheee..navin..whats this...panga???
Old 25th October 2005, 14:37   #36
Team-BHP Support

panga? who me? .
Old 25th October 2005, 18:07   #37
BHPian

hey sam......i like ur translation for navin.Keep it coming......
Old 25th October 2005, 18:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Whoa mclaren...how on earth did you convince sam to give you the eyeballer.It must have been a great experiance...i didnt even get to hear the car coz it was off wen i went for vahaan yatra.Man i wish i could get a car like that........i envy you sooo much

binz
Old 25th October 2005, 21:02   #39
Senior - BHPian

McLaren, ur one lucky guy man!! must have got to attract lots of chicks with that car
Old 25th October 2005, 21:55   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Letz re-rephrase that.... A lizard on a tattooed hairy tree.....
Old 25th October 2005, 22:42   #41
Senior - BHPian

Part II: v1p3r + Eyeballer

Yeah, so Stuart Little wasn't the only one hauling 500kg of audio equipment around.

v1p3r: (on SMS) I'm getting India's loudest ~150dB car. Please show up and kiss my arse. I rock. Very loudly, at that.

Friends: (reply on SMS) Yeah right...

Man, that thing is mad. On the Ring Road, it pulls away from a vengeful Vtec and a bemused Baleno, the Steeroid-enhanced Safari behind in hot pursuit. Rumours of a bore out to 1.8l with a total output of 120bhp or so abound...rumours that seem bloody true when you figure that the car weighs almost as much as an Octavia RS, and goes almost as fast.

So, my head still aches. In Indiranagar, I grabbed more attention than a black Hayabusa. So, if you're reading this, SBK-man, "Music system will improve your pick-up"!!!

Review

This car is staggeringly quick. For someone used to rather quick Indian cars like the Vtec, Baleno, and stock 1.6 GTX, this car is FAST. Like breathtakingly, in any gear, at any speed, on any road. The only problem, you don't want to take sharp turns lest the jet engines land in your lap. But in a straight line...well, Wolf wasn't too happy!!!

The interiors are nice...Sparco this and that. White dials, a tacho that shows a 6500 redline, but limits only at 7100!!! Buttttt, I didn't like the Sparco seats. No neck/head support on these. Give me Baleno seats anyday.

Let's Sparcofy!!!

The car snorts and growls, thanks to an aftermarket filter and a rorty exhaust system. Complementing the graphics are 15 inchers, shod on racer-boy Ventuses.

I'm not going to sit and review the music system, since I'm a ZERO there. No distortion, no screw-ups, as far as I could tell. Hated the HU, and prefer my 5650 anyday! (Audio-wallahs, please don't flame!)

Public reaction

Everytime you park the car, a minimum of 1 person per minute shows up. In a while, there's a small crowd demanding a demo. Psycho, Mclaren, me...we're all witness to this. Bus conductors instruct their drivers to cut across so that I can't move until I comply with their request to PUMP IT UP! Taxi drivers shadow me. Auto drivers tap my glass and say "Bhaiyya, itna bada speaker hai. Thoda sunao naa". I was the cause of a 4 car queue at a petrol pump, since all the attendants, and some owners, all wanted to see what the "turbines" were capable of. Random people whip out cameras. Old men grin. Girls scream and say "VOLUUUUUME!!!"

You, meanwhile, are secure in the knowledge that few are quicker, and certainly NONE are louder! All those kids with twin 10" woofers are just roadkill, and even a 'Busa bows to the 'baller!

What the public saw in their windscreens...

Sam, a BIG 150dB thank you, from me! Thanks to all the JBL guys in Bangalore, especially the sweet and Pioneer-loving Santosh!

ps. Abey, mileag ka kuch kar!
Old 25th October 2005, 23:01   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r

Girls scream and say "VOLUUUUUME!!!"

ps. Abey, mileag ka kuch kar!
abey when did this happen...i never knew u were upto some MISSbehaviour...

such bola rey..who named that thing eyeballer ...GAS GUZZLER is what it should be named as..nearly drank up a full tank and ran only 170 kms...that car surely does drink like sam ...
Old 25th October 2005, 23:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

I swear, I'll slap you!!! Finished off all the fuel by ripping like a mad dog, and then I had to uncle-fy the car at 1200rpm constantly, and pay for fuel too...

Still, I like the car!!!
Old 25th October 2005, 23:11   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Sam, a BIG 150dB thank you, from me! Thanks to all the JBL guys in Bangalore, especially the sweet and Pioneer-loving Santosh!
oye underpowered v1p3r mera naam where??? saala chabi mujhse leta hey aur mera naam bhooljata hey...aur ladkiyon ko patane chalagayi woh bhi bina bataye...very bad very bad...tu bhi...pehle sam aur ab tu bhi...che che...

anyways a big thanks too sam,ashok,santosh and the other members of the JBL team too who made this possible for the two of us to lay our hands on this monster!!! some moments i had in the eyeballer will stay with me for the rest of my life...
Old 25th October 2005, 23:15   #45
BANNED

Quote:
I swear, I'll slap you!!! Finished off all the fuel by ripping like a mad dog, and then I had to uncle-fy the car at 1200rpm constantly, and pay for fuel too...

Still, I like the car!!!
abey saala even i emptied my wallet trying to hand over that car with some fuel for u to rip...haha u want me to believe u that u never floored the pedal!!! come on give me a break..v1p3r and not trying to get that thing to move...next world wonder...what am i supposed to do if that thing gives 5kmpl ..like sam like eyeballer!!! amazing drinkers at that...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks