Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2005, 23:42   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I shall translate this for my old man Navin.

"I shall not have sexual intercourse with this friendship."

i bet navin took a printout so that he can ask his wifey 4 teh real meaning of teh line mclaren said.

and guys ( mclaren and viper), u damn lucky guys. emmm...mclaren..i am gonna edit ur pic and put my head in place of ur
Old 26th October 2005, 09:06   #47
Team-BHP Support

nah. my wife got other things to worry herself.
Old 26th October 2005, 12:22   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Man, that thing is mad. On the Ring Road, it pulls away from a vengeful Vtec and a bemused Baleno, the Steeroid-enhanced Safari behind in hot pursuit. Rumours of a bore out to 1.8l with a total output of 120bhp or so abound...rumours that seem bloody true when you figure that the car weighs almost as much as an Octavia RS, and goes almost as fast.

Quote:
This car is staggeringly quick. For someone used to rather quick Indian cars like the Vtec, Baleno, and stock 1.6 GTX, this car is FAST. Like breathtakingly, in any gear, at any speed, on any road. The only problem, you don't want to take sharp turns lest the jet engines land in your lap. But in a straight line...well, Wolf wasn't too happy!!!
The car snorts and growls, thanks to an aftermarket filter and a rorty exhaust system.

I know... I love driving that car. It roars like a lion and moves like a cat on steroids. I knew it was very good, but abhi you guru logs ke saamne kya bolu?? But often I smiled watching you guys talk about straight line speeds. often the best surprises are the unexpected ones.

Quote:
ps. Abey, mileag ka kuch kar!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
such bola rey..who named that thing eyeballer ...GAS GUZZLER is what it should be named as..nearly drank up a full tank and ran only 170 kms...that car surely does drink like sam ...
Ek minute, ek minute. First you guys want to roar on the streets, overtaking Vtecs and Balenos and go faster and faster AND you want to complain that it guzzles? What do you want it to roar on? An empty stomach?

Quote:
Girls scream and say "VOLUUUUUME!!!"
You remember what i told you? Girls LOVE that sound, contrary to what you might say. The car is such a bloody statement that you could wear orange underwear OUTSIDE your pants like a superhero and put whipped cream and fudge on your chest and you would be subtle in comparison. Best thing is to bask. Go past and watch the guys stare open mouthed and the girls scream/giggle and you drive along, smiling and bajaoing.

Quote:
You, meanwhile, are secure in the knowledge that few are quicker, and certainly NONE are louder! All those kids with twin 10" woofers are just roadkill, and even a 'Busa bows to the 'baller!
Man i really do like the way you write. Really it's funny.

Quote:
Sam, a BIG 150dB thank you, from me! Thanks to all the JBL guys in Bangalore, especially the sweet and Pioneer-loving Santosh!
You are very welcome, little McL and V1p3r. I gave you the car just for this happy review... I am really glad you enjoyed yourself. The car is on it's way to mumbai now (already in the truck). I guess after reading this, I'm going to be completely inundated with requests for drives.
Old 26th October 2005, 12:25   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats too much power for the Palio to handle! I am sure the reverse is faster than forward driving haha... just switch the woofer on full power.
P.S - This thread is like a chatroom btwn mclaren,navin,sam.....heard of msn messenger guys? haha.. juss kiddin
Old 26th October 2005, 12:29   #50
Team-BHP Support

Hey Sam I did not know the car drove well too. What does it drink 97 octane? would love to spin it when you have it availble in mumbai.
Old 26th October 2005, 12:30   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Hey Sam I did not know the car drove well too. What does it drink 97 octane? would love to spin it when you have it availble in mumbai.
Kya yaar Navin... as if you have to ask.
Old 26th October 2005, 12:32   #52
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Girls scream and say "VOLUUUUUME!!!"
abey such boloon kya !!!
saala phekraha hey !!!
damn in all the rush with me taking on the balenos and vtecs totally forgot to get this thing outside a pub and rave with the chicks..maybe next time what say sam..is the eyeballer going in for a revamp..
Old 26th October 2005, 12:38   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
maybe next time what say sam..is the eyeballer going in for a revamp..
Yes. It hasn't been serviced in a while, so a full engine clean and tune. That should make it go a little faster lol. Also thinking of popping in some Iridium plugs.A new K&N air filter. A overcoat paint job and new graphics for the next show.
Old 26th October 2005, 12:38   #54
BANNED

and did i mention apart from all the good memories of the eyeballer beating the vtec and balenos (and the looks on their faces) that thing has left me with one "BLOODY HEADACHE"!!! sam should have listen to u..but kya kare those 15'' got the better of me..

oooppss that car scared my dog to such an extent lol that it gets scared the moment i switch on my TV ya comp yaar..sam koi dog repellent use kiya kya rey..
Old 26th October 2005, 12:40   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
and did i mention apart from all the good memories of the eyeballer beating the vtec and balenos (and the looks on their faces) that thing has left me with one "BLOODY HEADACHE"!!! sam should have listen to u..but kya kare those 15'' got the better of me..

McL, to listen to over 138dB in a car is unhealthy for you. (even though it's fun)
The biggest problem is that your inner ear fluid gets all vibrated about, causing a distressful temporary loss of equilibrium. Did I tell you about the kid that vomited after a demo?
More from Navin I think...
Old 26th October 2005, 12:44   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I figured you'd say that. You see after seeing ICE shows few audio systems impress me. What impresss me is what is now being done in India. I am excied with what the next gen like mclaren, JB, vivek, etc will do in the future. The fire is lit. The torch will burn. with these guys around we oldies (rudra, ajmat etc..) can feel safe the audio flag is in good hands.

Nowadays I am happy if once in a while i get to tear up WSF or the Reclamation Road.
Old 26th October 2005, 12:45   #57
BANNED

Quote:
naaahhheee sam !!! 150 bhp skoda and navins got a chuaffer..give him a 120 bhp palio and that too with those monsters at the back..what will he concentrate on..modding the crossovers,or enjoying the music or keep an eye on the road and on the fuel guage ..haha navin just kidding..trust me u better drive this beauty to know what its capable of...and do floor the pedal and let those horses prance away to glory..
Old 26th October 2005, 13:00   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The biggest problem is that your inner ear fluid gets all vibrated about, causing a distressful temporary loss of equilibrium. More from Navin I think...
Here is how the ear works normally:

Sound is transmitted as sound waves from the environment. The sound waves are gathered by the outer ear and sent down the ear canal to the eardrum.

the shape of the outer ear (pinna) of musicians including the ear lobe is different from us normal humans. they can hear what we cant and i dont mean that in the freq. domain.

The sound waves cause the eardrum (tympanic membrane) to vibrate, which sets the three tiny bones (ossicles - made up of the
Malleus (hammer), Incus (anvil) and Stapes (stirrup) ) in the middle ear into motion. The motion of the bones causes the fluid in the inner ear or cochlea to move by striking the oval window of the cochlea.The cochlea is a fluid filled canal which is lined with hair cells.

The movement of the inner ear fluid causes the hair cells in the cochlea to bend. The hair cells change the movement into electrical pluses.

When sound is too loud, it begins to kill the nerve endings/hair cells in the inner ear. As the exposure time to loud noise increases, more and more are destroyed. As the number of nerve endings/hair cells decreases, so does your hearing. There is no way to restore life to dead nerve endings; the damage is permanent.

These electrical impluses are transmitted to the hearing (auditory) nerve and up to the brain, where they are interpreted as sound.

I would not recommend listening to music over 95db for more than 45 min at one go (i'd say 45min per day). At 85db I'd recommend upto 2 hours (although most docs allow 4 hours).

I hope this helps.
Old 26th October 2005, 13:05   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
When sound is too loud, it begins to kill the nerve endings/hair cells in the inner ear. As the exposure time to loud noise increases, more and more are destroyed. As the number of nerve endings/hair cells decreases, so does your hearing. There is no way to restore life to dead nerve endings; the damage is permanent.

I would not recommend listening to music over 95db for more than 45 min at one go (i'd say 45min per day). At 85db I'd recommend upto 2 hours (although most docs allow 4 hours).

I hope this helps.
nahhheeeee!!!! u mean to say im actually, partially gone deaf !!!! with 138 db hovering in my ears for a good part of 20 or so hours...
Old 26th October 2005, 13:11   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
naaahhheee sam !!! 150 bhp skoda and navins got a chuaffer....
well if i get crazy i might up that to 200bhp! :-) ha ha ha BTW I get serious stress if I have to drive below 60mkph. I mean chest pains and all. so that is why i keep a chauffer in mumbai. Above 80kmph it is fun.

Last edited by navin : 26th October 2005 at 13:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks