Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2005, 18:01   #1
BHPian

Alpine Audio package for Baleno

Sam and other Audio experts:

I have brought following from USA to Bangalore for good and now need to get these things into my new Baleno.

Alpine CDA-9847 MP3/CD Player
Alpine SPR-17LS 300W 6.5' speaker set
Pioneer TS-A1681R 260W 6.5' speaker set
Alpine SWE-1042 Type E 10' subwoofer set
Alpine MRP-M350 Mono Power amplifier
Q-Logic Dual Subwoofer box

Now, I have no idea about places in Blore and what else is needed to bring out the best audio experience.

Please kindly advice on configuration, cost, any additions like capacitors/connectors and few best places to get it installed around Hosur road near Madivala.

Thanks in advance.

with best wishes,
SKumar
Old 4th November 2005, 19:08   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

firstly this thread is in the wrong part of the forum..should be in ICE..
anyways im sure one of our mods will correct that shortly..

as far as ur setup goes i dont see a 4 ch amp to run ur rears and the fronts..so u better get a 4 ch amp from alpine as i see almost everything else is alpine..
one problem i see is that the baleno takes in only 4'' speakers in the front so i guess a pair of ur 6.5'' will have to go for a waste..though u can try out to mod ur door to see if they fit..that would be the only option that u may have..the fact that almost all indian cars cant accomodate any speakers above 4'' is quite disheartening to see..so if ur ready to mod ur front doors to accomaodate the alpine components id say the best guy to do this work for u will be thoukeer who is put up at koramangala and also does a fabulous job at installs..so i would recommend u to get it done by him as he is the best u can get in bangalore..
i dont think there is a necessity for a stiffining cap as the OE battery and alternator should be quite sufficient..however i suggest u get good wiring kit from monster and also good cables for ur speakers and also use crimps,connectors,cable ties et all rather than the taped wiring method..so do spend about 3-4k on the wiring as its one of the most important factors if not the most..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 4th November 2005 at 19:15.
Old 4th November 2005, 19:47   #3
BHPian

Hi Skumarit...i am also thinking of getting some stuff from USA.Can u plz tell me how much did u pay for each of these?And what about custom duty?
Old 4th November 2005, 20:16   #4
BHPian

mclaren1885 #2:
Thanks for the quick response.

Oops, I thought it was posted at ICE. If not, I request admins to move it to the right forum. I will see if I can exchange 2ch amp with 4 ch amp. Not sure what happens to warranty upon modification to the front door, I hope I could use these speakers.

Can you please provide contact info. about thoukeer in Koramangala?

rsjaurr #3:
I bought everything from BestBuy on a package deal, costed me around $680. I got lucky with customs duty as I moved back for good under transfer of residence.

-SKumar
Old 4th November 2005, 20:32   #5
Team-BHP Support

skumar, if you are getting a new amp get a 5 channel amp to cover your sub and 4 speakers. the alpine F450 is a good one. if not just add a 4 channel amp like the alpine F240 or F345. the 240 is smaller but matches visually with your M350. hope you got some good speaker and RCA and power cables as well.

BTW why did you get the Pioneer 6" speakers when you had alpines in your door.?
Old 4th November 2005, 20:38   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumarit
mclaren1885 #2:
Thanks for the quick response.

Oops, I thought it was posted at ICE. If not, I request admins to move it to the right forum. I will see if I can exchange 2ch amp with 4 ch amp. Not sure what happens to warranty upon modification to the front door, I hope I could use these speakers.

-SKumar
well thats ok i PMEd the mods to relcote this thread and it has already been done..because posted in the wrong section it wouldnt have got the attention of our gurus whose normal action goes :
open IE-->team-bhp home page--->log-in --->modification & accessories ----> ICE ---->then only look at this section until they log-out..haha..isnt it guys..

well now that u have got these id say just close ur eyes and go to thoukheer and get ur front door modded..it will not only sound better than the 4'' that u may have to fit otherwise ur car will look cool too as he is an expert with fibreglassing..some of his works are the santro for JBL,the corsa by RF,swift for LA..u can check out his work in a thread called sams surprise..im sure ul love it..
his contact number is: 9845004858..im sure sam will also suggest thoukheers name..well as far as modifications are conserned u need not have to worry about ur warranty..pls tell me where u got ur car,if its in RNS then if at all u have a problem just give me a call and it will be sorted out within no time..well all u will doing to the doors is adding another layer of fibreglass so that ur cone wont hit the window or its mechanism..so warranty shouldnt be a issue..

secondly i suggest if at all u want to exchange the amp get a alpine 5 ch model number MRV-F450..or else u can keep the mono and to that add another 4 ch amp which will run ur components and the rear coaxials..if im not wrong i read a post from u long long back sayign that u wanted to fit the same system in ur swift..though id say this setup is perfect for the swift one thingh id recommend is get a 12'' sub instead of the 10'' for the baleno..it might not sound as punchy as in a hatchback like the swift..
Old 4th November 2005, 21:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
well thats ok i PMEd the mods to relcote this thread and it has already been done..because posted in the wrong section it wouldnt have got the attention of our gurus whose normal action goes :
open IE-->team-bhp home page--->log-in --->modification & accessories ----> ICE ---->then only look at this section until they log-out..haha..isnt it guys..
hit the window or its mechanism..so warranty shouldnt be a issue..

i dont do it. I have the ICE page bookmarked in my Firefox ( i hate IE, almost one yr since i used it )

by they way, is his sub gonna be in that box thingy?
Old 4th November 2005, 21:30   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
i dont do it. I have the ICE page bookmarked in my Firefox ( i hate IE, almost one yr since i used it )

by they way, is his sub gonna be in that box thingy?
arey JK..now sam does it (except for that one thread he posted on santro or getz or swift..by the by sam its about time u visit that thread as its turning into a cold war out there..and also the joke thread),GB and JB certainly do it..can see navin venturing out a bit every now and then..
hhhmm..about his sub in the box wonder if toukheer has a better plan..im sure he will..so lets keep our fingers crossed and hope our man gets it done from him..
Old 4th November 2005, 22:04   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumarit
You know him, he is the guy who modded your Baleno with alloys and fatter tyres. BTW, it is Thouqeer.

mclaren1885: Just noticed, you are already a senior BHPian?? Damn! At 10 posts per day average, I shouldn't be surprised...
Old 4th November 2005, 22:15   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
You know him, he is the guy who modded your Baleno with alloys and fatter tyres. BTW, it is Thouqeer.

mclaren1885: Just noticed, you are already a senior BHPian?? Damn! At 10 posts per day average, I shouldn't be surprised...
yup samurai the same guy..sorry for the spelling mistake..ya i know him very well thanks to sam and JB..
oooppss..thanks didnt notice that i had crossed 1000 posts..see what ICE does to u,im totally hooked onto it for nearly 10-12 hrs a day..so not shocked though my parents will be after they get the telephone bill ..
Old 4th November 2005, 22:19   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yup samurai the same guy..sorry for the spelling mistake..ya i know him very well thanks to sam and JB..
oooppss..thanks didnt notice that i had crossed 1000 posts..see what ICE does to u,im totally hooked onto it for nearly 10-12 hrs a day..so not shocked though my parents will be after they get the telephone bill ..
damn, u online via a dialup! phew. nice . gr8.
Old 4th November 2005, 22:19   #12
Team-BHP Support

10 hours a day!!!! mclaren. ouch. you gotta get a life or a girlfriend or something. 10 hours a day is unhealthy.
Old 4th November 2005, 22:25   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yup samurai the same guy..sorry for the spelling mistake..ya i know him very well thanks to sam and JB...
Oops! I was talking to SKumar, Thouqeer did the wheels/tyres mod for SKumar.
Old 4th November 2005, 22:27   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
10 hours a day!!!! mclaren. ouch. you gotta get a life or a girlfriend or something. 10 hours a day is unhealthy.
HAHHAHAHA. your on all day man what else do you do besides team bhp.

Rev
Old 4th November 2005, 22:36   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
ouch ouch ouch..girlfriend !!!!! i would rather stay alive than getting into unncessary trouble..comeon navin im just 21..and more over tbhp is more interesting than any girl but im sure sams thoughts will be totally different..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks