Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2011, 09:27   #106
BHPian

Re: 'ICE Upgrade In My Swift.......Finally - Morel Tempo & Pioneer P80RSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I don't know why everyone is harping about áfter sales and service for amplifiers. If they are installed well, they can provide clean power for years on end. No harm in getting an amp without a warranty. Make sure it's a good amplifier, to start with and then be doubly sure it is installed well. Period.
That should put an end to this faff about an amp not being purchased JUST because it's got a falling service network or the amp is going out of stock or it is OLD stock. NOTHING of this sort holds true for amplifiers. They will hang on to their lives till you want them to.

UNless you go in for brands like V12, Audiobank, Alphine, Panasoniccs etc
Well said doc. All 'quality' amps are usually bullet-proof. If used as intended, they can even last longer than your car. Of-course, nothing is protected from an 'idiot' who choses to abuse it with high gains, mis-matched components or careless wiring.

Quote:

@Epic, so just choose the amp that matches the rest of your components (your wallet too), get it installed professionally and you are good to boom (SPL/SQ/SQL).

Cheers
Old 18th March 2011, 13:05   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: 'ICE Upgrade In My Swift.......Finally - Morel Tempo & Pioneer P80RSII

Quote:
I don't know why everyone is harping about áfter sales and service for amplifiers. If they are installed well, they can provide clean power for years on end. No harm in getting an amp without a warranty. Make sure it's a good amplifier, to start with and then be doubly sure it is installed well. Period.
That should put an end to this faff about an amp not being purchased JUST because it's got a falling service network or the amp is going out of stock or it is OLD stock. NOTHING of this sort holds true for amplifiers. They will hang on to their lives till you want them to.

Well Frank we all have our valid reasons for wanting certain things the way we want or else we would just be following the herd. I want an amplifier or anything that I plan to spend a chunk of my hard earned money on, with a warranty and good after sales service. Period!!!! Ive known of the best of brands which have been installed professionally and known for their quality to go 'kaput' within a month of use!! Please understand, these are electronic equipments and chances of them failing are as good as the chances of them working. If a company/brand is demanding a premium for their products because they are that good, they bloody well have after sales services available to support that premium!!! I am not going to assume that because an amplifier costs 50k+ and is installed professionally so it will not fail.

I live in a highly humid area and bang opposite the sea and I know of the electronics in my house, whether they are the best brands or not, going for a toss in no time. Now, I know the disadvantage I have living opposite the sea and hence will buy products that have good after sales service as I know that the chances of them failing are high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Anger View Post
Well said doc. All 'quality' amps are usually bullet-proof. If used as intended, they can even last longer than your car. Of-course, nothing is protected from an 'idiot' who choses to abuse it with high gains, mis-matched components or careless wiring.

@Epic, so just choose the amp that matches the rest of your components (your wallet too), get it installed professionally and you are good to boom (SPL/SQ/SQL).

Cheers
There is nothing that is 'bullet proof'. Even bullet proof glass fails after a certain amount of tension.

I am doing everything in steps. First choosing the amp and then the rest of the equipment follows.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks