Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2010, 17:19   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
LOL @ ustaadji!!
Alright. Quick update fellows - I spoke to Gaurav from Ahuja Car Decor once more. He told me he has an original JBL wiring kit for Rs. 1600 and he says they're 8 gauge. He also told me upon my questioning whether they were original that I could get them verified from anywhere. Inputs?
Buddy, Gaurav does stock original JBL Wiring Kit and the rate is fine considering it's grey market one. I got the same Wire Pack which Ahuja stocks from Karol Bagh in August '09, the KB store first showed me the fake JBL but since I was aware of it (thanks to Sam's thread) I asked for the one in Vertical Plastic Transparent Pack and it was arranged for INR 1500 or so.

Regarding his nature as a Shop-keeper, he's amongst the few honest Store owners I've come across in Lajpat Nagar. Though his views on Kicker and Scosche wiring are not even going down well with me but I think he might not be having knowledge of they being available, I've known him for long and he was honest enough to pin-point the fake Kicker Speakers he was supplied with. He could've duped me but he didn't, that's all what I've to share on him as a Store Owner.
Old 20th October 2010, 18:20   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Monseur Panky! I spoke to Low Bass Makker. He explained everything I needed to know, and I'm happy already! I told him my entire setup and problems, and he was of the opinion that I don't need a whole new wiring kit at all. The ONLY thing I need, according to him was good RCA cables. I've been told where I can get them. A quick question would be, how many RCA cables do I need? 2 right? The brands I've been recommended were the usual run of the mill good stuff, fosgate, scosche, kicker etc.

He also explained in depth how I need to set up the whole thing (wiring wise) which was indeed helpful. I'll buy the RCA cable(s) and tell Gaurav exactly how I want it fixed. I'm REALLY hoping this will fix my problem. Low bass maker (I can't remember the gentleman's name!) said with the amp I have, I don't need anything better than BOSS power cables. It's just the RCA that could cause problems (alternator whine).

Anyway, let's see how this goes.

Thanks all the way Panky and to your associate too
Don't worry, you are in good hands with this community. I somehow have the feeling that your head unit is not grounded right or some spkr wire is touching the body, causing the horn interference.

If you want to save money, you can also go in for a good quality 5mt video wire, the likes of monster, should be available around 1500-1800. use two RCAs for front, use a splitter on HU and take the third from HU to the amp... most amps use only one RC point for mono bridge mode to drive the sub and it's usually marked on the amp.
Old 20th October 2010, 22:09   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Buddy, Gaurav does stock original JBL Wiring Kit and the rate is fine considering it's grey market one. I got the same Wire Pack which Ahuja stocks from Karol Bagh in August '09, the KB store first showed me the fake JBL but since I was aware of it (thanks to Sam's thread) I asked for the one in Vertical Plastic Transparent Pack and it was arranged for INR 1500 or so.

Regarding his nature as a Shop-keeper, he's amongst the few honest Store owners I've come across in Lajpat Nagar. Though his views on Kicker and Scosche wiring are not even going down well with me but I think he might not be having knowledge of they being available, I've known him for long and he was honest enough to pin-point the fake Kicker Speakers he was supplied with. He could've duped me but he didn't, that's all what I've to share on him as a Store Owner.
The only reason I maintain until today, is that Gaurav has been honest. Even if his installers aren't knowledgeable or fantastically skilled, gaurav's been a good guy. I decided to go to him first and see if the JBL wiring kit is actually the vertical one as shown in Sam's thread. If it is, then problem solved. Another T-BHP member has explained exactly how to get them installed, and I'll be giving Gaurav's crew step by step instructions on what I want. Thanks for your post though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
Don't worry, you are in good hands with this community. I somehow have the feeling that your head unit is not grounded right or some spkr wire is touching the body, causing the horn interference.

If you want to save money, you can also go in for a good quality 5mt video wire, the likes of monster, should be available around 1500-1800. use two RCAs for front, use a splitter on HU and take the third from HU to the amp... most amps use only one RC point for mono bridge mode to drive the sub and it's usually marked on the amp.
Since I'll be getting the whole wiring re-done, I'll make sure there's no horn interference anywhere. My priority right now is to check if the JBL kit is original or not. If the pics match the ones shown in Sam's thread (original one i.e.) I'll go ahead with the JBL one. I'll take note of what you said about the mono bridge mode when I get my system re-wired.
I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot montyguru, but I'm glad it was sorted out. Three cheers for T-BHP!

PS: Since Ahuja Car Decor is just 2 minutes away from Driven, I'll be checking the JBL wiring kit with Gaurav first, if it's fake, I'll head down to driven, pick up some good RCA's and head back to Gaurav's.

Panky, again, thanks for the valued post!
Old 20th October 2010, 23:38   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only reason I maintain until today, is that Gaurav has been honest. Even if his installers aren't knowledgeable or fantastically skilled, gaurav's been a good guy. I decided to go to him first and see if the JBL wiring kit is actually the vertical one as shown in Sam's thread. If it is, then problem solved. Another T-BHP member has explained exactly how to get them installed, and I'll be giving Gaurav's crew step by step instructions on what I want. Thanks for your post though.
Sam's post showing the re-designed Box: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post1098453

What I got and what Gaurav stocks as well: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post1436862

The fake one comes in Circular or Rectangular packs (usually Orange Water-Proof Material packing).

Last edited by tsk13 : 20th October 2010 at 23:39.
Old 21st October 2010, 20:38   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Sam's post showing the re-designed Box: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post1098453

What I got and what Gaurav stocks as well: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post1436862

The fake one comes in Circular or Rectangular packs (usually Orange Water-Proof Material packing).
Ok cool, I will save these pics on my phone just to make sure. Thanks tsk13
Old 23rd October 2010, 17:28   #66
BHPian

***Update on my situation***

I've posted in Sam's threads with pics of the wiring kit Gaurav Ahuja showed me. I declined this wiring kit and got my whole system re-wired with the old kit using Low_Bass_Makker's on phone instructions. Just to set the record straight, all problems are now solved. I returned the noise filter, the alternator whine is completely vanished, all tweeter, ovals, compos are crystal clear and subwoof bass is beautiful.

Thanks a lot for the advice Panky sir, as well as Low_bass_makker.
Other thanks go to MontyGuru, Tsk13, and anyone else who's posted in my thread.

Please take a look at the pics and report to Sam in this thread -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ing-kit-8.html

There's something very interesting that Gaurav said which is part of the above mentioned post!

Regards
Old 23rd October 2010, 17:50   #67
BHPian

Quote:

got my whole system re-wired with the old kit using Low_Bass_Makker's on phone instructions.
@ BD

Could you please give the pointers as stated by LBM, so that we may keep them in mind while getting our setup done, so that we dont have to go through this.

Cheers

GT
Old 23rd October 2010, 18:57   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt500 View Post
@ BD

Could you please give the pointers as stated by LBM, so that we may keep them in mind while getting our setup done, so that we dont have to go through this.

Cheers

GT

Of course! Sorry I didn't post this earlier! I can be selfish sometimes.
  • Take the signal cables i.e. RCA's from one extreme side of the vehicle. You could choose left or right.
  • Take the power cables from the opposite side, i.e. if the RCA cables are running on the right side of your car, the power cables should run along the left side of the car.
  • Don't ever overload your amp channels. In my case, I have a 4 channel amplifier, so what i'm doing now is running my front components from channels 1 and 2, and the subwoofer is running on channels 3 and 4 *bridged*, and the rear ovals are running directly from the Head Unit.
  • Don't go maxed out on all your amp gain levels. Just go a little below max.
  • For your amp earthing/grounding, get a decent gauge wire from the ground socket on your amp to a metallic lug or nut in your car and make sure it makes contact with the metal.
That should be it. Hope this helps
Old 24th October 2010, 10:04   #69
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.. I'm glad I could be of some help to you. Cheers!
Old 25th October 2010, 00:55   #70
Senior - BHPian

You're welcome ByDesign. Nice to know you're satisfied with your system.

The kit is fake and Gaurav himself is being duped by his supplier. Check Sam's post on the kit you saw: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...tml#post346736

Last edited by tsk13 : 25th October 2010 at 01:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks