Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2011, 19:57   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: The journey for ICE: From budget of 1K to 40K

@shridhar.s.i., perhaps you need to understand - leaving freedom of speech and rights-and-wrongs aside - that the forum is organized rather well - quite systematically.

1. In this section (Sound off and Show off), everyone shows off their ICE systems installation and finished state - not tirades about about the wrong doings by installers or the hurt feelings

2. The Team BHP Directory lists all the known installers. If there is a grievance, it should be mentioned there, so that everyone knows about it topically. If you really feel strongly about an incident, a short and sweet report in the relevant thread here will be more effective immediately and into the future than in the SO&SO threads

Last edited by DerAlte : 29th May 2011 at 19:58.
Old 29th May 2011, 20:26   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
1. In this section (Sound off and Show off), everyone shows off their ICE systems installation and finished state - not tirades about about the wrong doings by installers or the hurt feelings

2. The Team BHP Directory lists all the known installers. If there is a grievance, it should be mentioned there, so that everyone knows about it topically. If you really feel strongly about an incident, a short and sweet report in the relevant thread here will be more effective immediately and into the future than in the SO&SO threads
Now that is perhaps convincing, but being a Data Architect myself i know that we cant really get every dimension organized, somethings have to go with the flow
But yes blackfire_9 please add those details to TBHP directory so that people are made aware about the vendor

Awaiting further pics
Old 1st July 2011, 04:12   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@shridhar.s.i., perhaps you need to understand - leaving freedom of speech and rights-and-wrongs aside - that the forum is organized rather well - quite systematically.

Hey sri,

Thanks for your response mate & that thumbs-up, I am glad that you enjoyed reading the thread & could relate to my experience.

Drive safe.

@deralte: Though my response is delayed, I would still want to mention here that the thread does talk only about the installation, but including the entire exercise & experience that came along with it.

For some, listing the equipment or WIP details may be enough, but I believe that it's equally important to also share the observations & thoughts that went into the process. And these thoughts/observations are not limited to only the decision making step (i.e. when we decide the ICE equipment) but the entire process, which is precisely why this thread lists good experiences & confusions as well & not just the unprofessionalism of a 'famed' installer.

Secondly, keeping the systematic approach in mind, the details of the shocking incident with Driven were added to the respective sections at that time itself.

Drive safe.

@all: Guys, I have seen a device (an attachment basically) that can be plugged onto the aux-in cable of a stereo & than a USB drive can be connected to this for playing music through the USB.
Anybody aware of any such device?
Old 1st July 2011, 10:54   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
@all: Guys, I have seen a device (an attachment basically) that can be plugged onto the aux-in cable of a stereo & than a USB drive can be connected to this for playing music through the USB.
This device plugs into your accessory socket, works as FM transmitter also. It supports SD card & USB pen drives & has LCD display too. There is a 3.5mm jack to hook it up to your car stereo aux. A very utilitarian device but only thing it lacks is sound quality. It costs 150Rs.
Old 5th July 2011, 13:24   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey sri,

Thanks for your response mate & that thumbs-up, I am glad that you enjoyed reading the thread & could relate to my experience.

Drive safe.

@deralte: Though my response is delayed, I would still want to mention here that the thread does talk only about the installation, but including the entire exercise & experience that came along with it.

For some, listing the equipment or WIP details may be enough, but I believe that it's equally important to also share the observations & thoughts that went into the process. And these thoughts/observations are not limited to only the decision making step (i.e. when we decide the ICE equipment) but the entire process, which is precisely why this thread lists good experiences & confusions as well & not just the unprofessionalism of a 'famed' installer.

Secondly, keeping the systematic approach in mind, the details of the shocking incident with Driven were added to the respective sections at that time itself.

Drive safe.

Hi their is a device named RD HDD Player...Please check the following link :-

Automobile Accessories, Car Accessories India, RD, RD brand car accessories, Nano Car, Maruti Car, Mahindra Car, Honda Car, GM Car, Alto Car, Skoda Car, Tata Car, Hyundai Car, Toyota, Reverse Parking Sensors, Power Windows, Auto Window Closers, Car C

Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 18:21   #51
BHPian

Thank you! I live in the NCR and have suffered at the hands of a local installer with my earlier car. Reading your posts saved me a fair amount of money.
Guess I'll just enjoy the sound of it multiplying in the bank rather than chance blowing my fuse in case stuff goes bonkers (which seems the norm rather than an exception).
I'm staying untouched OEM. If I need to hear good quality, guess I'll just put on my headphones as and when required.

Thanks again!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks