Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2010, 23:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The journey for ICE: From budget of 1K to 40K

Hi dude, you reminded me of my college days when out of my pocket money i had fitted a 800rs local cassette player and 300rs speakers in my alto.
next i upgraded the head unit and speakers. then i went long way to get a complete SQL set up in my alto.

you can see my set up here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...d-nice-sq.html

it was very sad to hear your story. some crook screwed up with your hard earned money. i pray to god he suffer 100 times more damage than he has done with your ICE. no way he is professional. Plugging RCA is childs play and he screwed up that too.
speakers are also not installed properly.

i suggest you to now have patience, forget the incidence as bad dream and correct few things, obviously without wasting money now.

1. take the amp off that location- unsafe and can be damaged easily there.
2. the MDF rings on the door should be reduced. the speakers should go in a bit.
3. get some nice RCA when budget permits and put it.
4. put correct power cables- this can screw up amp.
Old 23rd December 2010, 00:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

the itch ICE keeda is capable of creating and finally the medicine worth 40K did the treatment, nice write up. u just reminded me of my first install days. kudos enjoy the music.
Old 23rd December 2010, 22:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Hi dude, you reminded me of my college days when out of my pocket money i had fitted a 800rs local cassette player and 300rs speakers in my alto.
next i upgraded the head unit and speakers. then i went long way to get a complete SQL set up in my alto.

you can see my set up here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...d-nice-sq.html

it was very sad to hear your story. some crook screwed up with your hard earned money. i pray to god he suffer 100 times more damage than he has done with your ICE. no way he is professional. Plugging RCA is childs play and he screwed up that too.
speakers are also not installed properly.

i suggest you to now have patience, forget the incidence as bad dream and correct few things, obviously without wasting money now.

1. take the amp off that location- unsafe and can be damaged easily there.
2. the MDF rings on the door should be reduced. the speakers should go in a bit.
3. get some nice RCA when budget permits and put it.
4. put correct power cables- this can screw up amp.
Hey amit,

Cool setup man! Congrats, & I am sure it sounds terrific to say the least. I am already tempted to get an audition

Mate, thank you for finding time to read through the entire thread & for being able to relate to my hurt. However, as you have very rightly said, it's best to put such incidents behind & look at the road ahead. And that's what I am doing. I am planning to take care of some things & hopefully, I would have a bigger smile on my face sooner than I expect.

Do stay tuned for part-4.

Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
the itch ICE keeda is capable of creating and finally the medicine worth 40K did the treatment, nice write up. u just reminded me of my first install days. kudos enjoy the music.
Hey mate,

The ICE keeda is like an organism that thrives on our pockets & controls our ears & hearts. Though it is still not satisfied & as I have learnt, it can be immune to some pretty expensive treatments as well (even those that cost 40K; haha). However, the food (money) in my pockets is over & hence this organism had no option left but to go on a "vacation" for some time.

Drive safe.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 23rd December 2010 at 22:50.
Old 24th December 2010, 00:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Prakhar, I'm aghast at this attitude of Mr. Rana. Installers are pissed, at the first place you've paid for the work and it's not some Voluntary Community services they're providing. Business is what is best done with Ethics and Respect for the Customer who provides your bread and butter. I certainly can't digest the 'Chalta Hai' attitude and I never expected this from Driven.
Old 26th December 2010, 01:30   #20
BHPian

Its sad you had to endure what you already have but then again it's pretty much one sided here on this thread so its easy to be judgmental about Driven. One thing I want to ask you is that, why did you not stop the install when the guy was force fitting some of the items and thereby leaving a mark ? I always make it a point to ask the installer to run me through each step (step by step) before he even touches my car and if at any point they are unduly rough or do stuff which damages the car/equipment, then I have pointed that out for immediate correction. In that moment I may not have made friends out there, but it has surely helped me save my car/equipment from unprofessional installs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Another shocker was delivered while I was exiting the premises, when Mr.Rana told me that the installers are pissed at me & I would now need to pay labour charges for even the smallest of things like tuning the system or tightening a few bolts. He made it clear to me that the installers would now not be interested in working on my car/setup & he won’t be able to do anything in such a scenario as he cannot afford to lose these installers.
^^
All said and done, even if I take this statement in isolation, from a seller/installer combine to a customer who has bought equipment from the seller. I'm really surprised you took that crap so easily and went back home, all in the name of a near non existent relationship (considering Driven's response to your discoveries) !

I have been to 'Driven' twice.. no wait thrice (once with a friend looking for installs at driven), I have never had the pleasure of meeting Mr Rana and have always found a different flunky handling the shop in his absence, something which was not very confidence inspiring in the first place, which is probably the reason I have never done business at the place.
Old 26th December 2010, 10:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

@better4worse: Hey mate, I cannot really fathom what it is that you meant by “one-sided”, however, let me just say that this thread is not in place for any reason except to share my experience & possibly highlight a few “key” issues that should be addressed to prevent such incidents from repeating themselves, especially when it is an outfit that is spoken of as relatively "better". As has been said earlier, the audiences are free to be or not to be “judgmental” about Driven (or the installers there) in any which way they see fit. So, my humble request, please do not think of this thread & more importantly, my intentions as being that of spreading an opinion about the outfit in question & rather use your own discretion to do so just the same way you have done on three prior occasions.

Secondly, with all due respect, why is it that you seem to think I may not have understood the step-by-step approach which was to be followed for the installation? I feel it’s certainly possible that due to certain reasons, one may not notice such nuances “immediately” & that’s precisely what happened with me.
Although this has been written in the thread previously, I will mention it again that I did have a thorough conversation with them about what’s gonna go in & how it’s gonna go in.
In fact, even while the installation was being carried out, I was right there with the installers most of the time holding that emergency light (powered by my car’s 12v socket), trying to help them out & also asking things in between to stay abreast with what’s going on. However, it was dark & the two installers were already sitting in my car thereby limiting the working space & unfortunately, I couldn’t notice such nuances until the next day (while cleaning my car) thereby eliminating any chances of pointing it out for immediate correction.

But before I proceed, let me just reiterate something again which is that despite the best of efforts, mistakes can happen, however, upon learning of those mistakes how an outfit rectifies them is what differentiates a professional from an unprofessional. I do not need to say it again as the details have been written about aplenty in the thread already, but it was the “after-sales” (if I may call it) that made them look unprofessional.
It’s something like, you bought a brand new car & on the next day, you observed that the air-conditioner is making some weird noises above speeds of 50kmph. Now, one should check every thing plausible before taking delivery, however at times, there is a fair chance that some things might go un-noticed. So, in such scenarios, one would expect the dealer or the car manufacturer (whichever applicable) to extend their support & the whole experience would be scarred if they fail in this aspect, no matter how professional & nice they might have seemed during the purchase.

Lastly, below is a quote that I believe in, & that is the reason why I headed back home without unnecessarily prolonging the discussion.

"Only those can be treated who wish to be treated"

After all the discoveries & because of the consequent responses we got, I felt that there was no point trying to “treat” or instill a sense of professionalism in the outfit. After a certain point in trying to reason & talk, there is actually nothing left that can be done except to probably behave unprofessionally just the way they did. However, I chose to not adopt the same philosophy as them & save myself by maintaining a clear line of difference between what they are & what I am.

Drive safe.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 26th December 2010 at 11:01.
Old 26th December 2010, 11:52   #22
BHPian

@Blackfire - It was a wonderful narrated post on how you end up spending 40K for your setup. Congrats for the setup.

Sorry to hear about the goofing up made by Driven on your setup, they should have hold completely responsible for what they have done. It is very irresponsible to pass the buck to the installers (i.e. Mukesh), onus should fall on Rana for this goof up.

Now, what is Rana telling about the incompetent cables?? You should give us a update on that.

O.T. When you tried for the first installation at Driven you got obstruction in the form of losing money, i guess after that you should have never been to Driven. I guess it was a sign from god to stay away from Driven.

Way back in 2005, my setup was done in GP road, Chennai (Chennai folks would know about it). Initial setup was only with HU and Speaker and in second installment was with a woofer and a Sub. After doing the second installment, my HU stopped working (turning on). I went back to the same guy where installation was done, he checked the complete setup and found proper earth was not given to amplifier which caused the HU IC to go kaput. He took the blame on him and replaced the HU at free of cost. I never argued anything, after learning the issue he said I will replace the HU and apologized for the incident.
Thats the level of professionalism what we expect from the installer, we all know anything might happen while doing installation and thats the reason we are not doing as DIY. If the installer cannot take the blame and replace the part who else can do?? Its their shoddy job which has caused the damage. Don't excuse Rana, please get a proper compensation from him
Old 26th December 2010, 13:32   #23
BHPian

The prologue of your journey in ICE was very well narrated. I could identify with many situations which, me & my friends faced during the installation of audio products. Old parts break and new ones sound so good that you wonder why you'd been hearing rubbish sound all the way.

However, your Driven experience is pathetic to say the least. Driven is plagued with fanboys and ,I hate to generalise here but, most of their customers are youths in the 19-30 yrs bracket, have loads of cash, and need the top of the line, most show-offy product off the shelf, and sport a care a damn attitude on the install & workmanship. Probably, this is why Mr. Rana suggest a cost-saver install of 50K. I told him I'm a service class person & a taxpayer, how can you expect me to have wads of notes in the boot. To which he tells me all sorts of analogies as to why audio is one time investment & while, at the same time, I see people with subwoofers and HUs just 2 yrs old, saying they will sell them second hand or they'll burn them in Diwali. You can gauge my amazement at this statement.

I'm not a big shot of any kind, but, I can say that my sunfilm install was done very well at Gyro. They gave me a booklet of Llumar and I was free to pick the shade I liked. I came un-announced and even then, instead of giving me an appointment, they arranged an install there & then. I paid a meagre 300Rs as installation charges and Gyro did deliver that and more.

While installing, all stickers on windshield were preserved & restuck.The installer knocked the Balaji Idol on my dashboard. He ran off with the Idol in hand inside the premises, I followed him on suspicion, only to find him searching & fixing double side tape at the base of the idol & coming & refixing it on my dash. It is the attention to detail & because of this I still hold Gyro in high regard.
Old 26th December 2010, 19:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

@camchennai: Hey mate, I appreciate your post & thank you very much for the compliment.

Leaving everything aside, the biggest grouse is the way our concerns were handled. Like you have correctly said, the outfit should accept the mistake in a courteous manner; however, if the outfit shoves the responsibility onto the labor or finds excuses to get away from bearing the loss, then I suppose such an outfit should stick to selling products only (like a retail shop probably) & not promote itself as an installer. The example that you have quoted is something that is & should be expected out of any outfit, because that is basic business sense & ethic.

As for the updates, I am posting part-4 tonight, do check it out.

Drive safe.

@justcause: Thanks mate, appreciate your support. I am glad you enjoyed reading it & could relate to it.

As for Driven, talking of ICE as an “investment” speaks a lot about the perception at this outfit. Moreover, providing illations to you by citing examples of people who probably change their head-units every 2 years or burn old ICE equipment on Diwali, shows a lot about how money is valued at this outfit (in my opinion).

I have heard good things about Gyro, however, it’s no longer an option as they have shut shop. Though, if they reopen, I would consider them for any jobs I might want to get done then.

Drive safe.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 26th December 2010 at 19:34.
Old 26th December 2010, 22:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, here is the 4th & final installment in my journey till now.

================================================== =

My my, a bachelor party can be so much fun & that too when it’s executed in a unique style; a bunch of cars blaring out loud & thumping music through open doors at a serene place away from the city madness, & with just a bunch of close friends . (BTW, we did have drivers for each of the cars)

Well, it was a nice & sunny day, the day when my cousin would live his last breath as a single man & the day post which, we might not be able to go on those late night drives in our rides & might not be able to get drunk (till we drop, of course!).
I got up early & got ready to plan out on the activities & to take care of the supplies (I think you all know what I mean here; haha). As mentioned previously, the kit which was in use till now (Scosche) was not apt & the next step was to speak with Mr. Rana & inform him about it. Since I was a little occupied at this time, gt500 visited Driven to speak on behalf of the both of us with the expectation that the kit would be replaced without any issues, since our concern was genuine & we believed till then that Driven was……………………(Oh gosh, I think you guys already know what we thought of Driven till then)

“To stumble twice on the same stone, is a proverbial disgrace”

I had ended my previous post with the above quote & now let me tell you what it meant w.r.t my & gt500’s journey.

We still had faith/trust in Mr. Rana & Driven & believed that this was an honest mistake which would be rectified without any issues. Well, we were wrong & we stumbled on the same stone called “faith in the outfit” once again. The conversation turned out to be the exact opposite of what had been expected, primarily constituting denials towards any sort of mistake on their part. It had been well validated beyond a doubt that the kit’s capability was not apt for the amplifier running in our setups, but gt500 was still asked to prove the same thing again & again.
When the credentials of certain people who validated our concern were disclosed (who by the way are professional, well respected & part of the company), gt500 still met with fierce denials to the extent that the knowledge & experience of such individuals was put to question. Our concern was then also validated by Gunbir over phone with gt500, though even this couldn’t get them to accept the mistake.

Cutting the long story short, it took a lot of time, effort & “proving” to get them to agree to replace our kits with proper ones, however, they still maintained that the Scosche kit was appropriate or optimum & that the same kit was being used in many customers’ setups without any issues having been reported.

At this point, gt500 thought of informing me on my cell phone about this decision, but he was asked by Mr. Rana to not get me involved. I can’t be sure of what the intention was, but it did seem that the idea was to limit the damages by only refunding gt500’s money. It is a good thing if it’s only the accounts one is bothered about, however, I personally feel that a business requires values & ethics & this reaction was not at all what it should have been.

Anyhow, we were then told that they would try arranging for the JBL kit & would inform us when the kit would arrive (hopefully about a week). I, however, knew of a place from where this kit could be procured & hence it was suggested to Mr. Rana that he get the existing Scosche kits removed & refund the money so that the JBL kits can be purchased & put into our setups. But we were told that they would have another car coming in for an install in some time & the kits couldn’t be removed then.
It sounded like a fair concern on their part & Mr. Rana was therefore requested to get our kits replaced the next day, however, despite showing an understanding attitude, we were then told that we would be required to pay labor charges for this job. Speechless as we were after hearing such a response, I lost any professional respect I had for Mr. Rana & the outfit.

Workmanship is the key to a successful install & it probably comes second (if at all) only to the product being used. But when the “workmen” aka the installers (along with the other concerned people at the outfit) are probably pissed at you, it’s best to look for another “workshop”.
Going ahead with the above policy, we (gt500 & I were on the phone all this while) informed Mr.Rana that we would get the kits removed & replaced at our own expense & took his assurance on a refund for both the kits (mine & gt500’s) which he would provide to us once we returned back the Scosche kits to him. (I was also confirmed the same by Mr. Rana on phone since I hadn’t been able to physically visit their premises along with gt500)

We had assured Mr. Rana of returning the kits by evening of the same day & hence I had to squeeze in some time to get the job done in my car as well (remember, I was a little occupied due to my cousin’s wedding preparations & bachelor party the same night; haha). We bought the JBL kits, got the Scosche kits removed & post installation of the new kits, gt500 was driving back to Driven with both of our kits to return them & collect the refund.

He reached Driven around 8PM, however, they were closing at this time & Mr.Rana didn’t have any money on him for the refund. Though a little annoying for us but with no option left, it was decided that we would come back the next morning & collect our refund.

What transgressed the next morning was something beyond my imagination & I find myself at loss of words to express my feelings towards that blasphemy.

The next morning, we reached Driven around 11:30AM & asked Mr. Rana for the refund towards our kits. However, I was out rightly denied any sort of refund with the reason sighted that they had never agreed upon for the refund on my kit. Furthermore, Mr. Rana denied having even spoken on the phone with me. Now, either there is some serious short term memory loss problem with Mr. Rana or he has a knack of making people suffer. Whatever the case may have been, I still calmly tried explaining the logic of the wiring kit being inappropriate for our setups & that he should refund my money as well. I tried telling him that I was also sold a product with the assurance that it is apt/optimum but it isn’t & so I also deserved a refund of my money.
Paying no heed to my explanations, they further denied having had any conversations with Gunbir as well on the previous day. The discussion then turned into an argument with Mr. Rana (along with Suhan) still not accepting his mistake & altogether disapproving anybody’s (be it a senior company official) validations towards our concerns, to such an extent that we were told that none of these so-called experts or senior professionals run their shop & hence they have no reason to listen to their opinions. In fact, they created a vicious circle of arguments & counter arguments, & that too for something which had been discussed & agreed upon very clearly on just the previous day.
We also had to bear hearing some unwarranted & very unprofessional remarks for one of the people who happens to be a senior professional working for the company & who had been extremely helpful in listening to our concerns & showing us the right way.

Cutting out on some of the details, after a lot of hurt & head ache, we did manage to get the refund for both the kits & we were on our way back.

“Memories are the best gifts that you can give to some body”
Unfortunately, we could only take back sad & hurtful memories from this experience at Driven.

The next few days were terrific, owing to the celebrations of my cousin’s wedding ceremony & it was all the more enjoyable with the new “tun-tuna” (in gt500’s words) in my stallion (haha).

Post the wedding, gt500 & I have been meeting regularly to fine tune our setups & discussing on the worthy upgrades in the near future. The first & foremost thing on my list is to clean up the look on the front two doors & re-install the components. And after that, I am planning to upgrade to ported enclosures for my subwoofers. (Anyone interested in getting the existing sealed enclosures?)

Next major upgrade being considered in some time is a better HU, guys do pour in your suggestions. (though it’s still some time before I can spend any more money on ICE; haha) I am presently looking at the Kenwood X7016. Any idea on how much it would cost with bill & warranty? Also, are there any other models that I could consider in a similar price range or lesser?

Drive safe.

Last edited by navin : 26th December 2010 at 23:03. Reason: mention of "drinking" removed.
blackfire_9 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th December 2010, 00:15   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
@better4worse: Hey mate, I cannot really fathom what it is that you meant by “one-sided”, however, let me just say that this thread is not in place for any reason except to share my experience & possibly highlight a few “key” issues that should be addressed to prevent such incidents from repeating themselves, especially when it is an outfit that is spoken of as relatively "better". As has been said earlier, the audiences are free to be or not to be “judgmental” about Driven (or the installers there) in any which way they see fit. So, my humble request, please do not think of this thread & more importantly, my intentions as being that of spreading an opinion about the outfit in question & rather use your own discretion to do so just the same way you have done on three prior occasions.
Blackfire_9, just my two cents on your two cents on Driven and your experience with them(which in this case is your thread), nothing sinister and wasn't trying to pick on your thread and its motives. The fact remains that this for reasons turned out to be bad or unprofessionally done install, and I appreciate the information you've provided.

Quote:
Secondly, with all due respect, why is it that you seem to think I may not have understood the step-by-step approach which was to be followed for the installation? I feel it’s certainly possible that due to certain reasons, one may not notice such nuances “immediately” & that’s precisely what happened with me.
Although this has been written in the thread previously, I will mention it again that I did have a thorough conversation with them about what’s gonna go in & how it’s gonna go in.
In fact, even while the installation was being carried out, I was right there with the installers most of the time holding that emergency light (powered by my car’s 12v socket), trying to help them out & also asking things in between to stay abreast with what’s going on. However, it was dark & the two installers were already sitting in my car thereby limiting the working space & unfortunately, I couldn’t notice such nuances until the next day (while cleaning my car) thereby eliminating any chances of pointing it out for immediate correction.

But before I proceed, let me just reiterate something again which is that despite the best of efforts, mistakes can happen, however, upon learning of those mistakes how an outfit rectifies them is what differentiates a professional from an unprofessional.
Okay I have a difference in opinion here, I don't think you can fix the three ugly smudges on the front door speaker cover or a badly cut door panel that easily. Its kinda more proactively avoided than fixed later kinda things.

I agree that a good clean install from 'driven' should be a 'given' considering they made a name for themselves doing that. But that doesn't quite change the fact that us as customers need to ensure that it gets done the right way. It's like the Maruti ***, they top the ratings for service, but I have had trouble with them and found them to be 'pedestrian' on a great number of occasions, the only thing that has helped is a constant vigil/ attention to detail ..constant reminders to avoid certain things. Personally, I have had my share of hard knocks, I think I've made similar mistakes and paid the price for getting stuff done in a haste or when its getting dark. If you think you made sufficient efforts to avoid this situation that you are in... peace brother!
Old 27th December 2010, 01:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

@blackfire_9:I went thru your entire thread,i can see the excitement of ICE bug running thru you mind body soul to the fullest but really sad about the unnecessary hassles you went thru.

1)You didn't have required the second wiring kit,WHY?? the JBL wiring kit is 6gauge kit can drive multiple of the kind of amplifiers your using.Simply used extra RCA cables.

Mind you scosche is not a local product and the gauge provided in the e400 is 8gauge.Even if you would have used instead of the JBL kit it would perform the same making no difference.

2)Instead of going for a 3-way setup you could have gone for any Infinity/JBL/Morel etc quality 2-way comps,would have been enough for your kind of ride.

3)Those sub-woofer boxes what your using i feel the cu.ft. is much larger than required and one does not need 2 different boxes you could have made it in a single twin sub-woofer box.

eg:
The journey for ICE: From budget of 1K to 40K-.jpg

I would suggest don't waste any more monies on installing stuff not needed in your car.There are member's who are commercially affiliated with ICE tuning on our forum you can check thru the garage and get in touhc with one of them.

ramie
Old 27th December 2010, 02:32   #28
BHPian

Sad to hear that Rana doesn't wants to own his shoddy job.

I guess you should start a new thread mentioning "Driven not to be driven" to explain the attitude of Rana and their so called technicians.
Old 28th December 2010, 21:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

@better4worse: I understand your point mate & I agree that one should be proactive even if the outfit is one like Driven where quality is a “given”.
And as you have correctly said, it’s not going to be easy to fix the mess. But what I wanted to convey was that since the issues came to light after the installation process (for certain unfortunate reasons), it would have made a lot of difference if the outfit would have been forthcoming in providing a solution professionally. Sure, it may have taken time on our clocks, but with a professional approach, things could have been left much more pleasurable for both the parties.

@ramie: Hey mate, thanks for your response. I will reply point by point corresponding to each point in your post.

1. Buddy, the JBL kit is 8 guage as per my knowledge and hence, I felt the need for two kits. Moreover, even if the kit is 6 guage, I feel it may not have sufficed for the total current consumption of two M845 amplifiers which based on my configuration, would have been around 50-55A. In case I am wrong, please correct me.

Also, I know that Scosche is a global brand & I believe that they make quality products. But the only concern in our (mine & gt500’s) case was that the kit in question (e400) wasn’t good enough for our setups. The other model (e1000) would have been the proper kit for us, since as per what we have learnt, e400 is not 8 guage but lesser than that. Moreover, the kit maxes out at 20A which is not good seeing the kind of current the amplifiers in our setups draw.

2. I had heard Morel & JBL, & they sounded relatively stronger on the higher frequency range (treble). I liked Infinity best, but by then we found a better deal on Auditor.

3. Two separate boxes were made because one half of this setup would be shifted to my cousin’s car which is due to be delivered in about a month. As for the volume, maybe it appears larger due to two separate boxes. But the volume is correct & according to my tastes which is for tight kick bass. What is the volume of this box you are using? I would soon be getting ported boxes though.

By the way, your setup looks like drool maal. Do you have a thread for your car’s ICE? Also, post some link for pictures of your Zen. Checked out your Getz, it’s fabulous. Cheers man!

@camchennai: Thanks a lot man, for this kind of support. I really appreciate it.
It’s disheartening to say the least to have gone through this incident & apart from sharing the joy of my car’s ICE upgrade, I have written in depth about my experience at Driven as a moral & personal responsibility.
I feel that people (fellow Bhpians & non-Bhpians alike) are more than capable of exercising caution & taking well informed decisions, & this thread (my experience) can do it’s bit in helping them make an informed choice. But I don’t see any need to dedicate another thread on Driven, as my journey mentions about my perception of Driven & what shortcomings they have in my opinion. Now, it is up to anybody reading this thread to go or not to go to Driven & form their own opinions about this outfit.

Drive safe.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 28th December 2010 at 21:51.
Old 29th December 2010, 21:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE:
================================================== ====

J.P. Morgan once said “A man always has two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason”.

I want to write about an amazing incident that took place today late afternoon, an exciting conversation with Mr. Rana, which has left me pondering if J.P. Morgan could actually be wrong. Read on for more details.

It was around 4PM today when I got a call from an unknown number on my cell phone, the caller being Mr. Rana as I learnt upon answering it. The opening line was a thank you for the free advertising (in his words) I am doing for Driven on TeamBHP. Taken aback as I was at this rude comment & surprised at the need for using an unknown number, I still kept my calm & told him that my thread (including other relevant posts) is in place to share my personal experience with people & to make them aware of what shouldn’t happen. However, despite my best efforts to be professional, I was constantly argued with & questioned about my intentions of writing my experience on TeamBHP. Moreover, he expected me to explain to him as to why I had written about the install being a bad one.

According to him, what I have done is a sin & I shouldn’t have done this (posting my experience at Driven on TeamBHP). He feels that he has done a lot for me, & he quoted certain things (like waiver of installation charges or charging me less for MDF rings) to try & prove his point. But the truth is that I bought stuff worth 10K from him & he didn’t do me a favor if he waived off the installation charges (if at all). Upon telling him so, he was quick to say that I got the components from some other place, as if that discounts my 10K shopping from his shop. There was a deal that had been decided upon & I paid him the complete amount at the end of the installation, but now he is trying to sell me “stories” of having charged less.

Moreover, upon telling him that one of the biggest grouses was the way we were treated & the way our concerns had been handled, Mr. Rana was quick to dismiss the incident & went on in circles about how customers are treated as God at their shop. He even dismissed the morning incident (the morning when I & gt500 had gone to collect the refund) saying that he wasn’t at fault because one cannot expect a shop to give a refund at 11:30AM in the morning. In fact, according to him, it was our fault that we even went to him this “early”. I cannot possibly understand what sort of a logic (if at all) there is to his statement, especially when he himself had asked us to come the next morning.
(The details are in the thread, & I am sure most of you are already aware of the series of events)

He even went on to say that it had been the first time in his life, had he failed to judge a person correctly (referring to me). Now, such a response & that too from a person who despite being at fault has the audacity to question my memoir (& to accuse me of trying to tarnish his reputation) just because I have shared it on a forum, says a lot about his morals & ethics. A professional attitude, on the other hand, would have had welcomed the criticism & made sure that such issues do not crop up again. And oh, Mr. Rana doesn't have any problems with somebody writing down about positive experiences at Driven, on TeamBHP or any other portal.

The very least I had expected at this stage was that the outfit would have the courage & wisdom to accept & embrace their mistakes, & rectify the problematic areas by identifying them. However, it’s sad that an honest account of my experience has been put to question along with my intentions & I was argued with for my genuine contribution to this pool of knowledge that we all know as TeamBHP.

I suppose it wasn’t wrong of me to have expected the outfit & the concerned people to pull up their sleeves rather than scrunch their noses like they have, & it’s truly unfortunate that I was in fact asked to not write or contribute any more on this incident. This kind of an attitude fails me, & in J.P Morgan’s words, I do not see any "good" reason for Mr. Rana to have adopted such an approach & I most definitely cannot comprehend the “real” reason.
I gave Mr. Rana my time even today, but I am left thinking that it would have had been better if I had just slammed the phone down thereby refusing any conversation with him.

Drive safe.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 29th December 2010 at 21:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks