Team-BHP - Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/)
-   -   Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/56785-best-fuel-stations-petrol-pumps-chennai-3.html)

Are we aware of any petrol bunks that have been shut by enforcement agencies due to adulteration ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdiatech (Post 1367721)
Are we aware of any petrol bunks that have been shut by enforcement agencies due to adulteration ?

I have not heard of any such incidence.

If you are near Kathipara/Manapakkam you can try the petrol bunk opposite to MIOT hospital. It is really good and gives mileage almost equal to shell.

IBP in Palavakkam is decent. and please stay away from the IOC in thiruvanmiyur.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anekho (Post 1265610)
guys, what are the recommended fuel stations on ECR, closer to thiruvanmiyur side?
In specific around palavakkam and neelankarai.

cheers

There are totally 3 pumps in the location IBP,IOC & BP but all the 3 suck.
I think the one next to neelankarai police station (BP) is better in terms of service.

To my knowledge the following pumps are good

ALL Shells
BP - Venkatnarayana
BP - Balakrishna - Opp to Raintree hotel - One of the oldest
HP-TVS pump in whites road
BP-Near trident (also called cement road)
BP-Cath road - Near drive in woodlands

Hi Guys,

I've had bitter experiences with the filling boys at the petrol bunks, who usually surround the customer in pairs and try picking up a chat. And suddenly, a "RESET" situation will prop up and what happens next is any body's guess.

The most recent one was on last Friday when my wifie went to fill gas at one of the very few LPG filling stations near Guindy (BP bunk) at 9.30 pm. While she was standing near the meter, one of the boys kept disturbing her view of it,and as expected, suddenly the filling boy "thought" that the gas tank was full and immediately "recognised" it to be only some "air block"! While the meter showed 0.39 Lt, he kept on saying it to be 3.9L, continued filling and promptly stopped at Rs. 402/= and demanded that only my wifie has to give Rs. 2/= more than the Rs. 500/= she actually opted for!

At this instance, she gave him a dirty look, said, "U, I and ur friend here know that it was only 0.39 Lt and hence, Rs. 10.9. I know y shud always reset while filling. Can u fill till ur meter shows Rs. 500 Or?" at which, one of the boy's friends told "hey see, after all the customer had been keenly watching. Y dont u be careful and do ur duty properly?"!!!

Needless to say that she got the LPG filled for Rs. 500/=

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshguy (Post 1370539)
To my knowledge the following pumps are good

ALL Shells
BP - Venkatnarayana
BP - Balakrishna - Opp to Raintree hotel - One of the oldest
HP-TVS pump in whites road
BP-Near trident (also called cement road)
BP-Cath road - Near drive in woodlands

+

HP - Idumban - Next to Sathya studio
IOC - Alwarpet signal
IOC - RK Salai Near Nilgris
IOC - Friendly Service Station - GN Chetty Road signal

Slightly OT about fuel pumps at Pondy. The Ashram Petrol Bunk (BP) located near Shri Aurobindo Ashram is very good. I filled up here during my recent visit and found the Q & Q excellent. This was recommended to me by a long time resident of Pondy.

I use petro card and hence BP bunks only. The best ones are

1. Venkatnarayana Road
2. Near Radisson Hotel on GST road
3. Company operated outlet in Mugappair Tirumangalam Road but had one bad experience but I have been using these bunks for almost 15 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abs (Post 1373318)
Hi Guys,

I've had bitter experiences with the filling boys at the petrol bunks, who usually surround the customer in pairs and try picking up a chat. And suddenly, a "RESET" situation will prop up and what happens next is any body's guess.

The most recent one was on last Friday when my wifie went to fill gas at one of the very few LPG filling stations near Guindy (BP bunk) at 9.30 pm. While she was standing near the meter, one of the boys kept disturbing her view of it,and as expected, suddenly the filling boy "thought" that the gas tank was full and immediately "recognised" it to be only some "air block"! While the meter showed 0.39 Lt, he kept on saying it to be 3.9L, continued filling and promptly stopped at Rs. 402/= and demanded that only my wifie has to give Rs. 2/= more than the Rs. 500/= she actually opted for!

At this instance, she gave him a dirty look, said, "U, I and ur friend here know that it was only 0.39 Lt and hence, Rs. 10.9. I know y shud always reset while filling. Can u fill till ur meter shows Rs. 500 Or?" at which, one of the boy's friends told "hey see, after all the customer had been keenly watching. Y dont u be careful and do ur duty properly?"!!!

Needless to say that she got the LPG filled for Rs. 500/=

this bunk is known for that. Same place I filled up LPG for 500 and they used similar tactics. just held him by the collar and he said sorry and filled up for 500. Dont use that bunk anymore.

Never go to the following pumps in Velacherry :

1. IOB - Velacherry - Taramani Road - Fuel quality is OK, but they cheat you in volume.
Today I gone for filling up there. By the time I get out of the car, that fellow started filling up the fuel, without verifying the zero. I am sure that he didn't started from zero. Once I indicated this, he was arguing with me. But I am 100% sure that he started form some where near 0.19L.

2. IOCL - Near Pallikkarani, next to Calsoft - Very very adulterated fuel. Even auto fellows will not go to this pump.

3. BP - On velacherry 100 feet road - If you are lucky you will get kerosine at the rate of petrol. I had a Kinetic Honda sometime back. Whenever I fill petrol from this punp, it will not start. Then I found out the culprit and avaided the pump

Following pumps are the trusted pumps in velacherry according to my experiance:
1. Shell, Pallikkarani
2. HP, Velacherry 100 feet road

Never go to the following pump:

HP Fuel Pump, near Kamakshi Hospital, next to Flyover, Pallikkaranai

Today morning these fellows tried to deceive me and I caught them red hand.

Morning 8AM, I gone to this pump to fill up my Bike, I was the only customer at that time.

Two fellows in uniform were in the pump. They asked me to advance the bike more than the regular pump vision level so that the meter will be in my back. That time itself I felt little bit fishy at their behavior. I opened the lid and requested for Rs.350/- unleaded. One fellow started to fill up.

Soon the second fellow (who looks like a gunda) tried to take my attention as follows:

HP Employee : Sir, Is it Card or Cash?
Me : Card
HP Employee : Is it Visa or Master?

I dint answer, Soon I turned by head the meter. To my surprise, the other fellow somehow stopped the pump and trying to reset the meter to Rs.350/- But I saw the last figure was Rs.241/- for a second. Since he couldn't do it successfully, the meter gone to zero.

I asked him : What he was trying to do?

He was totally blushed. The other fellow said, Sir the pump got some power problem and got switched off. (But there was no power failures, as other power equipments are working)

I maintained the temper and asked to fill up the balance.

Soon the other fellow again set the pump for a balance Rs.109/- and filled the petrol.

Friends, please avoid this notorious pump. I am planning to launch a complaint with HP. I don't know whether it is going to have any effect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diwa (Post 1373911)
+

HP - Idumban - Next to Sathya studio
IOC - Alwarpet signal
IOC - RK Salai Near Nilgris
IOC - Friendly Service Station - GN Chetty Road signal

Thanks for that . Are the IOC bunks company owned ? Kindly advise.

D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunil8089 (Post 1438211)
Never go to the following pump:

HP Fuel Pump, near Kamakshi Hospital, next to Flyover, Pallikkaranai

Today morning these fellows tried to deceive me and I caught them red hand.

Morning 8AM, I gone to this pump to fill up my Bike, I was the only customer at that time.

Two fellows in uniform were in the pump. They asked me to advance the bike more than the regular pump vision level so that the meter will be in my back. That time itself I felt little bit fishy at their behavior. I opened the lid and requested for Rs.350/- unleaded. One fellow started to fill up.

Soon the second fellow (who looks like a gunda) tried to take my attention as follows:

HP Employee : Sir, Is it Card or Cash?
Me : Card
HP Employee : Is it Visa or Master?

I dint answer, Soon I turned by head the meter. To my surprise, the other fellow somehow stopped the pump and trying to reset the meter to Rs.350/- But I saw the last figure was Rs.241/- for a second. Since he couldn't do it successfully, the meter gone to zero.

I asked him : What he was trying to do?

He was totally blushed. The other fellow said, Sir the pump got some power problem and got switched off. (But there was no power failures, as other power equipments are working)

I maintained the temper and asked to fill up the balance.

Soon the other fellow again set the pump for a balance Rs.109/- and filled the petrol.

Friends, please avoid this notorious pump. I am planning to launch a complaint with HP. I don't know whether it is going to have any effect.

This is a known fact with HP. Even in Bangalore i faced a similar issue (twice!) and took it up with the station manager. Only after i threatened to call the service engineers and drain the tank to check for actual fuel level, did they say sorry and filled up tp the actual amount (I got free fuel as they again filled 500 bucks worth!). The second time, it was the same HP bunk and this time i asked the station manager to check the fuel amount by dipping a stick in my tank. It was empty and I know how much 500 bucks fills up. After hearing this, he backed off and asked the guy to fill the balance. 2 times is what it took for me to avoid that particular bunk and inform the same to others. So its HP's general practice I guess. But this was 1-2 years ago. Don't know how they are now.