Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2012, 12:58   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Comprehensive City / Call Taxi Review thread

Wow, those poor drivers got a raw deal from what they paid out. However, are airport trips the only revenue generator? Am sure there are a lot of people would use them point to point
Old 12th July 2012, 13:01   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Easy has been taken off,as Ajmat says,its Mega/Meru & KSTDC at the moment
Oops! I always confuse between Easy and Mega. Yes - its Mega cabs. IIRC, Mega operates Toyota Etios, while Meru runs Dzire and KSTDC has Veritos.
Old 12th July 2012, 15:29   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Sorry to trouble again. Is the number the same as Meru Cabs or is it a separate number for Airport taxi?
Thanks again.
The number are same for the operators but just that they are designated as the Airport Taxi's now with a common decal. They have a small sticker of the company name near the rear side number plate to differentiate apart from the cars they operate-

Meru Cabs - 44224422
Mega Cabs - 47474747
KSTDC Cabs - 49007777

Further details on websites and email id's can be got at official Bengaluru Airport website-

Taxis
Old 12th July 2012, 16:18   #64
BHPian

Tab Cab now accepts booking for 24 hrs. in advance.
Have used only their services since early this year and so far, it has been good!
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:59   #65
BHPian

New Call Taxi service launched in Chennai.

Online Taxi Booking | Chennai Call Taxi | online Booking cab |

They claim to provide 5 star service with Etios & Innova. I had used their service twice. First time they were prompt and indeed 5 star service.

Next time they never turned up. I had a early morning booking for Airport. They did not pick up my call also. No sms from their side also. No intimation from their side. I was left stranded and had to take an auto.

So beware when you are booking with them.
Marlon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2012, 08:48   #66
Senior - BHPian

Have my inlaws travelling to Delhi for a week from the next Monday. They would require city taxi service for station - hotel and city runabouts.

From the internet search found that the most recognizable cab service was from Meru and Easycabs.

Any suggestion / reviews from NCR BHPians or NCR regulars from other regions on reliable taxi services in this area since have not found any reviews in this thread.
Old 17th September 2012, 01:40   #67
BHPian

Had to travel to Mumbai Airport from Pune at short notice last week. Tried calling KK Travels, Sandi's and they were reluctant to send a cab at the time I wanted and rather wanted to accomodate me in a cab which would have reached a couple of hours in advance of check in time.

Finally, called E-Vahan Cabs which I found on the web. The charges were about 1700 for and Indica and 2100 for an Indigo. As a friend was also travelling with me, I thought the Indigo made sense. Called them up and fixed the time for the morning of the next day.

Sure enough the cab was on time. Very clean (inside and outside) white colored Indigo CS. The Driver (Ravi) was very polite. We started on time. He was driving in a very relaxed manner and did not exceeed 90-100 and that too while overtaking. Otherwise we were driving at the speed limit. With one stop, we still reached on time (20 mins earlier than planned)

Very nice service. Courteous drivers. He even mentioned that they are instructed to not exceed the limit, if found the car is immediately de-rostered.

Overall would rate this 4.5 out of 5.
Old 29th September 2012, 11:22   #68
BHPian

Does anybody know any reliable solutions (tracking, booking, car meters, etc.) provider for Radio Taxis? Any good reputed companies that provide end to end solutions for managing a fleet of cabs?
Old 29th September 2012, 12:27   #69
BHPian

Recently used Meru, Prepaid Coolcab and Tab Cab between Mumbai airport and Dombivali.

Meru was booked by calling a Meru driver known to my realtives. He ferries my relatives quite frequently. Car looked beaten from outside. But from inside was acceptable. I prefer their Logans over Esteems.

Tab Cab Next time called the same Meru guy who was in Dahisar then. However he promised to call back in few minutes. He had arranged a TabCab which one of his nephews is driver on. Very nice, new fleet, clean and plush ride of Etios. Decent boot space if not great.

I have since then used Tab Cab exclusively. Found a bit more economical to Meru cabs.

Airport Prepaid coolcab was a nightmare when I returned with wifey and daughter from vacations in Thailand. First it is exhorbitant. TabCab with Etios costed 700 Rs but this prepaid coolcab costed 1200 Rs for a beaten mosquito filled Indica. Moreover this Indica stopped in the middle of road at night hours near airoli due to engine overheating as I wanted AC on full blast to make mosquitos run away. Passage resumed only after cooling down engine for 10 min or so that to on reduced aircon.

Next time want to try TabCabs SX4 fleet. Would be great to see SX4 as a passenger. So far has only been a driver there.
Old 29th September 2012, 22:59   #70
Team-BHP Support

Just had an incredible taxi ride on OLA CABS. More than the ride, it was the unique technology used in booking the cab that impressed me.

1) Go to iTunes Appstore or Google Play (Android) and type "OLA CABS"

Comprehensive City / Call Taxi Review thread-ola1.png

2) Download the free app and click on Sign Up. Enter your Name, phone number and email ID. There is no need to enter your address.

Comprehensive City / Call Taxi Review thread-ola2.png

3) After submitting the info, your device will ask your permission to allow OLA CABS app to access your location information. Once it gets your "OK", the app finds out your location on Google Maps. Wait for a few seconds and the app shows all the Ola Cabs in your vicinity.

Comprehensive City / Call Taxi Review thread-ola4.png

In the above pic, it says "Closest Ola Cab is 6 kms and 33 mins away". And the app shows the location of all Ola cabs in the vicinity. I took the above screenshot at 10:45 PM (that explains why the app shows only 2 cars) - during normal hours, there are usually many cabs in the vicinity.

Once you click on PICK ME UP button, the driver of the Ola cab that is closest to your location gets a BEEP on his Android phone. He accesses the name & phone number of the customer and calls up to confirm the pickup!

My Ola Cab driver spoke English, wore a white uniform and drove a Toyota Etios.

Rules for the drivers:

1) No 80 kmph speed limit. Driver can drive at any speed as long as the car is not rashly driven.

2) Drivers shouldn't break traffic rules (jumping signals etc)

3) No smoking or eating inside the car

According to the driver, Ola cabs has around 350 cars in Bangalore.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2012, 08:45   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Just had an incredible taxi ride on OLA CABS. More than the ride, it was the unique technology used in booking the cab that impressed me.
was the drive itself comfortable?

Rules for the drivers:

1) No 80 kmph speed limit. Driver can drive at any speed as long as the car is not rashly driven.

According to the driver, Ola cabs has around 350 cars in Bangalore.[/quote]

I just hope the drivers don't abuse these privileges. Since they're based more on trust than on actual enforcement.
Fantastic use of tech though.
I've had a couple of experiences with Meru where the guy told me that he was too far away to come. Very shitty.
This completely overrides that problem.
I've heard their ads a number of times on 94.3FM. Will definitely give it a try.
Old 30th September 2012, 10:08   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat

1) Go to iTunes Appstore or Google Play (Android) and type "OLA CABS"

2) Download the free app and click on Sign Up. Enter your Name, phone number and email ID. There is no need to enter your address.

3) After submitting the info, your device will ask your permission to allow OLA CABS app to access your location information. Once it gets your "OK", the app finds out your location on Google Maps. Wait for a few seconds and the app shows all the Ola Cabs in your vicinity.

In the above pic, it says "Closest Ola Cab is 6 kms and 33 mins away". And the app shows the location of all Ola cabs in the vicinity. I took the above screenshot at 10:45 PM (that explains why the app shows only 2 cars) - during normal hours, there are usually many cabs in the vicinity.

Once you click on PICK ME UP button, the driver of the Ola cab that is closest to your location gets a BEEP on his Android phone. He accesses the name & phone number of the customer and calls up to confirm the pickup!

My Ola Cab driver spoke English, wore a white uniform and drove a Toyota Etios.

Rules for the drivers:

According to the driver, Ola cabs has around 350 cars in Bangalore.
What is the tariff per km?
Old 1st October 2012, 15:58   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
What is the tariff per km?

The tariffs are not directly visible in their site. However it is only visible once you start a booking process for a City Taxi.

From their website-

Quote:
Additional pricing details:
+ Minimum Bill of Rs. 100
+ Parking, Interstate taxes & Toll Charges extra
+ Per KM charge: Rs. 18
+ Waiting time charges: Rs. 1 per min
Old 7th October 2012, 21:51   #74
BHPian

Bangalore folks,

I am currently in Bangalore from Pune. Can you please suggest a cab provider for trip to Mysore?

I have read all about Meru, Cel, Comfort, Easy, Mega and probably missed some here. Any recommendations?

I also would need recommendations for Airport pickup, my wife with kid would be arriving on Friday night, I am planning to pick them up, hence.

Thanks.
Old 8th October 2012, 17:25   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxtechie View Post
Bangalore folks,

I am currently in Bangalore from Pune. Can you please suggest a cab provider for trip to Mysore?

I have read all about Meru, Cel, Comfort, Easy, Mega and probably missed some here. Any recommendations?

I also would need recommendations for Airport pickup, my wife with kid would be arriving on Friday night, I am planning to pick them up, hence.

Thanks.
These have been the most reliable on multiple occasions in Blore-

Airport Pickup

If it is only 3 of you travelling with less luggage would suggest a Fast Track - 08028889999 with Indica (you can insist on paying Indica rates no matter what car turns up) at Rs.14/ km which works out cheapest

If with more luggage either Meru - 08044224422 or the new kid in the block Ola - 08033553355

Mysore trip

Both Fast track and Ola have long distance hires as well and the rate depends on the vehicle chosen. You can check their websites for the latest rates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks