Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2014, 18:22   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Comprehensive City / Call Taxi Review thread

Meru has launched its Genie Cab service with brand new hatchbacks in Bangalore and Hyderabad. Recently had a chance to use the service which was typical Meru efficiency.

Got a brand new Figo with courteous driver who obliged without a fuss multiple destination visits. The only issue again that of a Meru booking is that they charged Rs.30 extra for call center booking while web booking is not charged.

The good part of the service is the fares that nearly match autoriksha fares at least in Bangalore (not sure of Hyderabad). Plan to use this service more often instead of the Fast track service which has increasingly become costly and old cabs in service. The other issue with Fast track is that they send sedans for hatch bookings and sometimes drivers demand that extra buck sighting the car type.

Courtesy- Meru Website - http://genie.merucabs.com/

Quote:
Bengaluru
Day Time -6:00 am to mid-night - Charge per Km Rs 12.5 / KM -
Waiting ChargesRs 1.50 / min
Night Time Mid-night to 6:00 am - Charge per Km Rs 13.75 / KM -
Waiting Charges Rs 1.65 / min
Minimum fareRs 100(Upto First 6 KM)Rs 110

Hyderabad
Day Time 5:00 am to 11:00 pm - Charge per Km Rs 16 / KM - Waiting Charges Rs 1.50 / min
Night Time 11:00 pm to 5:00 am - Charge per Km Rs 20 / KM - Waiting Charges Rs 1.88 / min
Minimum fareRs 100

Genie Cabs is an initiative by India’s No.1 radio cab service, Meru Cabs. Air-conditioned, professional and surprisingly pocket-friendly, Genie wasn’t just created to make your daily commute exceptionally refreshing and enjoyable, but was created to keep up with your ever upgrading lifestyle as well. Genie charges you for point-to-point travel, so that you only pay for what you use.

With a fleet of new hatchbacks including Toyota Liva, Indica Vista and Ford Figo, a Genie cab will be at your doorstep, ready to zip you around your city at your beck and call.
Old 26th February 2014, 18:49   #137
BHPian

Availed the services of Meru Genie cab about 10 days back.

Booked the cab for a station drop from my place to the City railway station. As usual got an SMS saying that the driver details will reach me 20 minutes before pickup. 10 minutes before pickup, no SMS forthcoming, I frantically call their call center. They give some lame excuse of the assigned car breaking down or some such. Multiple calls to the call center and yelling finally coaxed them to send me a cab, a good 30-40 minutes post the scheduled pickup.

My primary reason for booking Genie Cabs was since my elderly parents (who are not familiar with the city) were traveling alone and I did not want them to go through the hassle of dealing with overcharging cab drivers. However, I was shocked to hear from my parents later that the cab driver had asked for Rs. 50/- extra in the pretext of some booking charges. This is over and above the actual bill to the trip which was mailed to me.

So in summary, looks like Genie cabs has copied not only the auto fares but also the sharp practices of the autowallas. Be careful while availing their services.
yosbert is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 13:01   #138
BHPian

Re: Review: Uber in Bombay

Nice. I use TabCab and Meru ; will give this a shot.
Old 25th April 2014, 19:13   #139
Senior - BHPian

Used Meru Genie services several times in the last couple of months. Latest one was after the withdrawal of their introductory fare of Rs.12.5 per km. Now it is Rs.100 for first 5kms and then Rs.16 per km.
This was from HSR to MG road and back in two separate bookings done via net. The site is super easy to book and got a confirmation during booking itself.

The experience was good with a new Indica and Liva in service to and fro. Just that the first driver just did not bother to switch on the A/c till asked. The other guy was an older fellow and very courteous. Overall liked the service.
Old 26th April 2014, 10:18   #140
BHPian

I have had the worst experience with Meru where they give booking reference assign a driver and then they don't turn up. I had complained on their website, social networking but nothing changed. They are trained to handle such fiery customers standard response sorry we will look into it. Result: I have stopped using Meru

Tabcab: they are now on the same path of Meru. They don't entertain the route which is of small earning (200Rs). Tried multiple times booking cab from Juhu to Saki Naka but every time they don't come. One time the booking was done driver was assigned as well, When I called the driver to inquire where you are, imagine he said I don't have any booking for you I am in powai!

Eventually I have moved over to cool cabs who are parked near to my house. if they don't want to go a route I can atleast say to them will pay you extra lets go or there are 5-10 cabs readily available than fighting with someone on the phone.

The phone a cab service will never work in India.
Old 26th April 2014, 16:49   #141
Senior - BHPian

I have used taxiforsure.com in Bangalore and their service is excellent. Much better than Meru and FastTrack.
Old 2nd June 2014, 17:56   #142
BANNED

This is something that happened today with me while dealing with MEGA cab in Bangalore.

Scenario: My brother in law has visited us and he had a flight back home at 11-45 AM today. I just heard of the Mega cab 699 Airport drop from anywhere in Bangalore in FM radio. So logged in to their website and booked a cab at 8-30 AM.

The story unfolds as below:

8-00 AM:
Cab driver called me, "Sir, where is the address?", I replied, "It is in JP Nagar 9th Phase".
Cab driver "Ok sir, I am in BTM 2nd stage, will be there in 30 min".

8-30 AM:
I called the cab guy.
Me : "Where are you".
Cabbie: "In BTM"
Me: "What are you doing in BTM. We are in JP nagar."
Cabbie: "Dropped someone reaching there in 15 min"

8-45 AM:
Me: "Where are you"
Cabbie: "In PUTTENAHALLI. Your place is too far (?)."
I called Mega cab. "I have booked a cab for 8-30 AM, your driver is saying my place is too far”.
Call center: "Sir, GPS says he is near you place only. He will reach you soon"

9-00 AM:
I called to cab guy "Where are you?"
Cabbie: "There is a road block near your house; I am standing at XXX (1/2 KM from my place)."
Me: "What? There is no road block. All other vehicles are passing; how come there is a block? Come fast, else I will miss flight"
Cabbie: "Sir there is a road block. I can’t come, I am here. If you want to catch flight, come here". Phone hanged up.
Called customer care. Blasted him. He said he will ask the driver to call me.

In between, my BOL said, let’s go there, as it is nearing 9-30, else he can't reach airport. So we carried the luggage and walked (thought might be a road block, so didn't take car).

9-30 AM: There was no road block. Nothing at all. The fellow was sitting in his cab and listening to radio. Blasted him, where is the road block. He answered back the vegetable vendor told him, so go and blast at him. Already 9-30 and we had no other option; hence, BOL took the cab.

After getting into cab BOL called me and asked me that the driver is telling instead of Kanakpura road, he will take ORR as that will be faster. I said OK (he has to reach airport).

Called mega cab CC and lodge complaint against driver.

10-45 AM: Called CC. "It is regarding the complaint I have raised".
CC: "Which complain, there was no complain"
Me: "What? I just raised it. Anyway, where is the cab?"
CC: "he has already reached and in Airport parking lot"

Called my BOL. "Where are you?” BOL asked the driver and replied that he is at Yelahanka! I remember a thread here which says, drivers pay up the CC guys.

11-30 AM:
BOL: "Reached at 11-15 AM. Flight is delays for 30 min. Able to get the boarding pass. Cost me Rs 1440/-"
I then go the contact us page in their website and fired an email with all details.

3-30 PM:
CC: "Sir it is regarding you email. We are investigating. Did the driver charged you more than 699/-?"
Me: "Yes. And my BOL is about to miss his flight, thanks God flight was delayed"
CC: "Call you back in 5 min"

3-45:
CC: "Sir, the driver says, the customer happily gave him Rs 300/- extra."
Me: "Why, because he came late? I have no time for this rubbish. I am not going to use you service. Already spread this in my office and about to update in facebook and whatsapp and all social media."
CC: "We are sorry sir, but we may need to talk to your BOL before understanding what conversion has happened between them"
Me: "Why are you waiting his time. I know you are a bunch of lairs."
CC: "No sir, we need to investigate."
Me: "You are from Bangalore?"
CC: "Yes"
Me: "If you have to go to airport from Kanakpura road to airport, do you take ORR ?"
CC: "No, but the cab driver did that to make sure he reaches Airport in time"
Me: "But, why your driver was late by an hour?"
CC: "No sir he was there on time at 8-30 AM"
Me: "Then what he was doing from 8-30 to 9-30 there?"
CC: "No sir, there was jam in NICE road"
Me: "From BTM to JP nagar you take NICE road?"

Blah blah. I am not going through all of the conversation here, but I remembered the new IDEA tvc "no ullu banaing".

At the end it was decided that he will call my BOL tomorrow morning and if they find the cab driver overcharged him, then they will refund.

I have doubt on them, the way they are telling lies.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 14:01   #143
Senior - BHPian

Gents, I have a train to catch from YPR at 21:30Hrs on Friday, and I have to be picked up from Sarjapur Road. Will it be better that I book the trip well in advance (on the web site) tomorrow itself? I don't know if an "early booking" would give us a more confirmed booking, and no last minute rude surprises.

I thought of trying out the "Genie" first, followed by TaxiForSure. And then if all fails have a local cab ready as "Plan B", and request my relatives to drop me as "Plan C". The idea is to leave SJP Road by around 18:00Hrs. It may also give some buffer time to plan on alternatives if these drivers don't turn up.
Old 23rd June 2014, 15:18   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Gents, I have a train to catch from YPR at 21:30Hrs on Friday, and I have to be picked up from Sarjapur Road. Will it be better that I book the trip well in advance (on the web site) tomorrow itself? I don't know if an "early booking" would give us a more confirmed booking, and no last minute rude surprises.

I thought of trying out the "Genie" first, followed by TaxiForSure. And then if all fails have a local cab ready as "Plan B", and request my relatives to drop me as "Plan C". The idea is to leave SJP Road by around 18:00Hrs. It may also give some buffer time to plan on alternatives if these drivers don't turn up.
I am assuming that you are aware of the distance between the two points, and also the approximate travel time to expect.
1. Booking in advance is always better, so please do it tomorrow as you mentioned
2. SJP road = Silver Jubilee Park road. It is in the CBD. Sarjapur Road is in another distant corner of the city (or is it outside?). Hope you take note.
Old 23rd June 2014, 15:25   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I am assuming that you are aware of the distance between the two points, and also the approximate travel time to expect.
Noted sir! I am from this city only. And I meant Sarjapur Road. Factors I have considered is the Friday evening rush as well. Especially the infamous KR Puram bridge area. My gut feeling is that if I can leave sharp at 18:30, and take the ORR, I should be in YPR RS by around 21:00Hrs. Need to watch out for rains, though!!
Old 24th June 2014, 15:31   #146
BHPian

I am a regular user of Ola Cabs, be it their Mini service or Sedan service. The Mini service is wonderful, and almost 90% of the times, they've sent me an Etios when the Mini services are done ONLY by Indicas. Their drivers are courteous enough, and the Customer Service might be one of the best in their industry.
A couple of days back, I availed their Mini service to go to my office in Shanthinagar from BSK 3rd Stage (10kms). The total billl came to around 140 (in the auto it comes to 150-160). I gave the cabbie 200, he didn't have change. Called up CC and they happily added Rs. 60 to my Ola Wallet, which I redeemed in my next Mini ride. Have no complains against them. Even for airport trips, I use Ola. Once, the driver asked me to pay up 115 as toll, where I was supposed to pay only 75 as the CC had informed me about this during booking. Paid 115, called up CC right in front of the driver, CC blasted him, and instructed him to deduce the extra Rs. 40 from the final bill. Very impressive work from them.

This company called Savaari cabs launched some 499 pick up from airport offer. Used them thrice, well enough. In the 4th trip, the driver literally ordered me to come to Pickup point 5. I came. It was a poorly maintained Etios with patches on it's body. Driver didn't start the AC until I sternly reminded him. No newspaper or mineral water in the car, which was supposed to be there. Extrememly rash driving on the Airport Flyover. Wrote an email to the Savaari CC from the car itself. Still haven't got any reply. And that was my last trip with Savaari Cars. Extremely poor.

I'd recommend Ola to the fellow bhpians here. Reliable, Punctual, Courteous and Economical!
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 11:55   #147
Senior - BHPian

My first report on TaxiForSure. Used their services twice in a matter of three days.
1. From my home at Bangalore Rural Dt (Eastern Bangalore) to Yeshwantpur RS. I had booked two days in advance. The details of the cab driver was shared on time. And he also reached on time. The taxi seems to be a very basic Indica (with A/C etc.). Very courteous driver and we went via the NICE road (toll to be paid by me, off course). We reached the station well on time, and the driver went along his way. Not even a mention of the word "tips". Gave the TaxiForSure team a very positive review . No extra charges, and I paid by the meter.

2. The second trip was a bit dicey. The reason, I was coming back by train and I cannot predict the exact time of arrival. I gave a tentative time. It was well nearing mid-night, and I had serious doubts whether the company would ditch me. I got a call from the driver when the train was at Birur Jn. He said, he would be there at the RS right from 23:00Hrs to 23:45Hrs waiting for me. Half an hour before the scheduled pick up time TaxiForSure SMS also came in stating that the vehicle is there. The train arrived before time and exactly at 23:00Hrs we were outside the RS. The taxi was there. This driver was bit tricky chap, and I had to remind him to switch on the AC. Driving was also a bit rash (but not unsafe). I reached home by around 24:00Hrs. Here the driver said he did not have change (for Rs.30/-) to give back. So I had to give up that as "tips". Not much of a bother, especially considering I reached home without hassle and the cab also arrived on time.

Note: In both the trips, the Taxi drivers went by the Trip Meter on their vehicles. TaxiForSure has a Mobile phone basedGPS tracking system. The taxi drivers generally do not rely on this stating that in certain areas GPS would not work. So they deduct 10km from the overall reading (any way we pay flat Rs.300 for this), and then go with Rs.18/km. In the second case perhaps due to this switching off the GPS device the bill generated by TaxiForSure was only for Rs.300 - though I paid Rs.900/-.

Overall Rating: I may use this service again.
Old 3rd July 2014, 13:33   #148
Senior - BHPian

Awful experience with Genie Cabs, Bangalore.

I had booked a cab online through their portal in the morning, with a pick-up time of 1845hrs. There was no sign of confirmation even at 1850hrs, and I was about to call up their call centre when i received an "Confirmed" message - it was 1852 then. The cab driver also called up the same time - the online tracking showed he was 4kms away from my place. It takes not more than 10 minutes from the place where he was (as seen on the tracking portal).

He did not land at my place even at 1930hrs - everytime I called him, he was just "5 minutes away". He goes exactly in the opposite direction of what I say him. Finally at 1935hrs, we set out from home to find out where the cab is. In the meantime I told him on phone to just park wherever he was and wait for us. We get him at 1940. I was to reach Race Course Road by 2045hrs (from my residence in Bannerghatta Road).

It was raining hard, and roads were somewhat flooded. I did get worried badly about missing my bus from Race Course Road (it was a package tour, and the ticket was non-refundable). Somehow, we just managed to reach the place by 2055hrs, and thankfully the bus hadn't arrived.

I was billed Rs. 300 - the distance according to the trip receipt is 12.9kms, and 31 minutes of waiting (traffic blocks/signals). It was a fairly new Indica, and the driver spoke Tamil and Kannada fluently. He did not switch on the AC (except for defogging the front glass).

The neighbourhood cab provider is better, I believe. Atleast the pick-ups take place on time. My previous experience with CelCabs and Ola was better in this regard.
Old 3rd July 2014, 23:25   #149
BHPian

I have been using Merucabs since 5 years for drop and pickup from Mumbai Airport.At least 50 trips till date.Only one cab had seatbelts on the rear seats. I actually congratulated the driver for being only one in those fifty, he did not care much though. I have to take front seat everytime because almost always there is no seatbelt on the rear seats.
Old 9th August 2014, 18:55   #150
BHPian

We had a terrible terrible experience with Meru cabs today, booked a cab for airport drop using the iPhone app yesterday, got the confirmation and the SMS. Morning my parents who were flying were ready and the cab never turned up, called the driver and he mentioned coolly that he would not come as he was never intimated and asked us to call the call center. It was pretty terrible, realized that there is no point in shouting as we were getting delayed.
As an alternate, took my car ( very sparingly used currently and hence hesitant to drive all the way to airport) , parked in the Jayanagar 4th block complex MLP and took the vayu vajra. It was a real breeze and could reach well in time for the flight.

Promptly deleted the app from the phone...hugely disappointing experience and have decided to stay away from them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks