Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2014, 20:04   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT

How is the car to drive?
Tata vehicles generally have a slightly quirky driving position. Fiat too.
Have you been on any trips?
Old 31st March 2014, 21:01   #137
Senior - BHPian

Any responses anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Guys, I have been planning to buy the Crew Cab for myself but I have been given to understand that it has absolutely zero resale value....is this correct? I do understand that it would not find too many buyers but then what's the kind of depreciation I should expect while selling the truck after 2-4 years of ownership?

Request urgent responses in this regard please.
Old 1st April 2014, 01:37   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
This is the one i liked.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...ml#post2905726

But now i am thinking to get some negative off set 15" rims with some 32x11.50-15 MT tyres.

Like this.
Attachment 1212457
source: facebook
rgds,
Nikhil
Hi Nikhil, Yea, I have been looking at upsizing tyres for a Xenon 3L 4wd ( yep its available now)
Saw your post with the photos of the xenons with upsized tyres. The red or maroon one is with 33 inch tires, and with a body lift. Now since I dont want to mess too much with the vehicle in general I am thinking of 31" also. My goal is to get a little bit more GC. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.
Also I had a chance to chat up with the guy who owned the red xenon in the photos, he did mention that 31" tires would do better than the 33s he has on them.
The question that I have now, is if one upsizes to 31" tires, will the stock alloys do? and if the front bumper will need changing to offroad kinds?

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

R
Old 3rd April 2014, 15:22   #139
Senior - BHPian

Double cabin/crew cabin pickups are going to be the rage in Punjab at least where I saw numerous double cabin pickups ranging from Bolero camper, Xylo double cabin and Xenon being used by rural folks.

Getaway is being purely used by Punjab Police, they bought around 150 units of it.

Since I drive a Toyota Hilux Double cabin in Dubai, I m looking at Xenon and Getaway for duty on the farms in Punjab.

I took TD of Xenon 3.0 Dicor 2WD, it was crude but functional and does what it's been built to do. I liked it but wanted to compare it against XT 2.2 4WD, sadly that was not available with the dealer.

I walked across to MM dealer and got details about Getaway which sadly is available only on booking and instead I was offered a Bolero camper, which I turned down.

Both TATA and MM dealerships are owned by same family, but Tata guys were aggressively active compared to the MM guys.

Now my two options to choose from are 3.0 4WD or 2.2 4WD. Interestingly the 3.0 2WD was offered at 6.81 lakhs!

I'm still waiting to hear from the dealer for the 2.2 XT 4WD. What I feel is that Xexon is a better product compared to bolero, Xylo and Getaway in terms of built quality and functionality and in offering the dual purpose of family and farm usage.
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 16:45   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
I'm still waiting to hear from the dealer for the 2.2 XT 4WD. What I feel is that Xexon is a better product compared to bolero, Xylo and Getaway in terms of built quality and functionality and in offering the dual purpose of family and farm usage.
Having had a detailed testing time with both Xenon & Getaway, I would be more oriented towards the getaway. Xenon is a wonderful car no doubt on that. Engine is very powerful when compared to the Getaway's 2.6 CRDE. However the rest of package did not appeal to me especially at the rear seat. They do not offer any inclination and sitting upright does take a heavy toll on the rear.

Do give both the trucks a good look before settling into on. However Xenon has lot more gadgets when compared to Getaway and more importantly you have DB Sir to fall back if you have any challenges.
Old 3rd April 2014, 20:52   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Having had a detailed testing time with both Xenon & Getaway, I would be more oriented towards the getaway. Xenon is a wonderful car no doubt on that. Engine is very powerful when compared to the Getaway's 2.6 CRDE. However the rest of package did not appeal to me especially at the rear seat. They do not offer any inclination and sitting upright does take a heavy toll on the rear.

Do give both the trucks a good look before settling into on. However Xenon has lot more gadgets when compared to Getaway and more importantly you have DB Sir to fall back if you have any challenges.
Drawback of Getaway is long loading bed and it's rear overhang and the face of the Scorpio, that's what is keeping people away from it, specially in Punjab (except Ms. Gul Panag).

Punjabis are simply loving the Xenon.

Last edited by Parm : 3rd April 2014 at 20:53.
Old 4th April 2014, 08:05   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Interestingly the 3.0 2WD was offered at 6.81 lakhs!
Was this the on-road price you were offered? If not, what's the best deal you are getting? I ask because I am myself in the market & feel that the 4x4 Crew Cab doesn't make a worthy case, especially when it just needs to be used on farm or some times with family. What's your take?
Old 19th April 2014, 14:13   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Was this the on-road price you were offered? If not, what's the best deal you are getting? I ask because I am myself in the market & feel that the 4x4 Crew Cab doesn't make a worthy case, especially when it just needs to be used on farm or some times with family. What's your take?
Sorry for late reply, had been travelling.

No, 6.81 lakhs was ex showroom price.

Here is a newspaper add of the Xenon in Dubai, UAE.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT-20140419_115734.jpg  

Old 21st April 2014, 10:14   #144
Senior - BHPian

Guys here is another variant of Xenon being sold outside India.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT-1526804_292484614239876_642990008_n.jpg  

Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT-1925009_292484680906536_18637832_n.jpg  

Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT-10153812_292484637573207_1297584112_n.jpg  

Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT-971018_292484670906537_1541289706_n.jpg  

Parm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 15:38   #145
BHPian

The Tata Xenon Crew-Cab seems to be doing pretty well these days in Bangalore. Have seen at least 8-10 new Xenon's of various color across Bangalore in last one month. Some in yellow board and some white board.
Old 3rd May 2014, 13:56   #146

My latest accquisition - Xenon Crewcab 4x2

Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT-front.jpg

Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT-rear.jpg

Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT-side.jpg
renoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 16:55   #147
BHPian

Here is something I posted in one of the other threads:

Passenger compartment is fairly intact. Not what you see on normal Indian models. There is a very big CAVEAT though. The Xenon is sold without Airbags in India. Not even available as an option which shows Tata's abysmal pro activeness for safety in India. You can imagine how the score is going to look then.

I have had this on my list for so long now. Promised myself won't get it till an Airbag version releases. Have even wrote to them about this discrimination by an Indian manufacturer for Indian Market.

For Comparison Purposes, this looks worse although has 1 more star.

Last edited by Cyrus_the_virus : 3rd May 2014 at 16:57.
Old 3rd May 2014, 18:16   #148
Team-BHP Support

Reviews from Australian websites after Tata launched the Xenon here in Australia.

http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and...ew_first_drive

http://www.drive.com.au/new-car-revi...022-2vz4l.html

Video :

http://media.drive.com.au/cars/car-r...w-4861075.html
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 11:37   #149
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your Xenon, the vehicle looks fabulous. Good that you got a cover for the pick-up area, that was the biggest disadvantage the Xenon had as far as India was concerned
Old 4th May 2014, 17:17   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Congratulations on your Xenon, the vehicle looks fabulous. Good that you got a cover for the pick-up area, that was the biggest disadvantage the Xenon had as far as India was concerned
Ya I got a clip on tonneau cover from South Africa. You can roll the cover up when you want to load taller objects in the load bay or else you can have it closed. It's easy to install and doesn't not require any drilling. When you pass checkposts and if the cover is closed then the cops stop and make you open and show the load bay. That is a hassle when it happens frequently.

I am still on the look out for a decent set of alloys.

Most Viewed