Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2018, 09:54   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Isuzu D-Max vs Tata Xenon vs Mahindra Bolero Camper

On the basis of build quality alone, I would recommend the D-Max over the Xenon & Bolero. The Isuzu's quality is light years ahead of these two and internationally, it's known to be a tough workhorse. Isuzu body-on-frame diesels have almost the same reputation as Toyota body-on-frame diesels. They go on forever. Plus, it's also the nicest to drive.
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 10:07   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Have you checked the Mahindra Imperio? As per M&M, it is a so called premium UV (whatever that means). I just had a cursory look at the website, and thought it could fit your purpose.
I did. Mahindra senior sales guy himself told, stick to bolero or some other vehicle. I would definitely not have confidence post such statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
On the basis of build quality alone, I would recommend the D-Max over the Xenon & Bolero. The Isuzu's quality is light years ahead of these two and internationally, it's known to be a tough workhorse. Isuzu body-on-frame diesels have almost the same reputation as Toyota body-on-frame diesels. They go on forever. Plus, it's also the nicest to drive.
The internet too has similar views. Except for a few issues reported on 4JJ1 series engine. Found none on the 4JA1 engine.

Should finalize it and book it this week.

PS: my complaint with bolero is only the asking price for what is on offer. Its way too overpriced.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 20:51   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Finished the payment formalities today and the Isuzu Dmax S Cab in Odisian Grey (if i got the name right) is going for registration tomorrow morning and the delivery planned for Wednesday evening.

I have opted for the under-chassis coating (getting discount on it) and buying the fog-lamp bezels (more on this later in the ownership thread)
nkrishnap is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 21:23   #19
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Finished the payment formalities today and the Isuzu Dmax S Cab in Odisian Grey (if i got the name right) is going for registration tomorrow morning and the delivery planned for Wednesday evening.
Congratulations @nkrishnap, wishing you a great ownership experience with the beast
I think you picked the right one amongst all the contenders. Hope the service experience is good at least in Bangalore and other bigger cities (I don't have any idea about Isuzu's service support).

*I think the colour is "Obsidian Grey".
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 22:18   #20
PGA
BHPian

I had a similar requirement and weighed all three options last year. Ultimately went with Bolero Power Plus SLE model. To cater to my load requirements I have removed the rear seat. I don't use it for commercial purpose but regularly carry upto 700 kgs in it without an issue, fertiliser bags and plucked veges to the near market. It still seats four passenger and if fifth one ever came in he will have the pleasure of travelling reclining.

What went in Bolero's favour,
its size, four meters it is super manageable in town and for parking.
decent engine performance
good ac
very decent mileage, gives in excess of 18 in winters and about 16.5 in summers on the highway
hassle free drive, no stopping by traffic cops looking to make a fast buck on a yellow number plate and no change of driving licence.

PS: Sorry read the last two posts only now, Congrats for deciding about the car and wish miles of safe and pleasurable driving to you. Kindly disregard my recommendation if they kind of insert a silly afterthought in your head.

Last edited by PGA : 30th July 2018 at 22:30.
PGA is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 12:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, you have made the right choice. The Hi ride is quite a looker as well. What's stopping from registering the S Cab as white board? payload limit?
I am closely following VCross, which is a perfect replacement for my Innova, however lack of service center is a big deterrent.
Old 31st July 2018, 13:34   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Congrats, you have made the right choice. The Hi ride is quite a looker as well. What's stopping from registering the S Cab as white board? payload limit?
I am closely following VCross, which is a perfect replacement for my Innova, however lack of service center is a big deterrent.
Form 21 from the manufacturer says its Lights Goods Vehicle (LGV) and it gets GST benefit too. As per the sales manager if you need to register it as whiteboard, first need to pay up an additional 16% GST and road tax of 18.9% as it would cross the 10 lakh barrier and payload is above 275 kgs. So registering it as white board is not possible anyways.

Planning a few mods on it. Lets see how it goes.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 23:03   #23
BHPian

Could not have been a better time to bump into this thread.
Have recently booked the Xenon Crew Cab 3.0 at Arvind motors for private registration after seeing a few of them on the road, we own a small business where there is a need to transport cartons and also simultaneously do a bit of farm work at our hometown. Will be carrying a maximum of 300 kilos at any given time.
The OTR is around 8.5 lakhs and our budget was just 10 lakhs, since there is no other direct competitor which can be registered as a private vehicle, this was the only option and not a bad one I feel, since it gets features that are mentioned above in the post. it feels like a VFM! There is no other car like a pickup or an SUV within 10 lakhs that would fit in my requirements.
Old 1st August 2018, 08:55   #24
BHPian

I'm actually in a similar situation. Deciding between the D-Max or Xenon. We live on the beach and rusting has been a serious issue. All our cars from a BMW to Montero to the Thar have rusted severely. Does anyone have any knowledge on how well the Isuzu can handle beach side conditions? I have no faith in the Tata with regards to this.
showboat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 13:38   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the Isuzu delivered yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max vs Tata Xenon vs Mahindra Bolero Camper-img20180802wa0007.jpg  

nkrishnap is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 15:36   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Congratulations KP.

Even though this is a commercial purchase - hope we can expect an ownership thread with the same level of detail that you show for the Linea.

Where is the Isuzu service center, btw?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 22:46   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congratulations KP.

Even though this is a commercial purchase - hope we can expect an ownership thread with the same level of detail that you show for the Linea.

Where is the Isuzu service center, btw?
Thank you. An ownership thread and review will be up once I log a few hundred kms on the odo.

Isuzu showroom and service center is located near Silk Board.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 00:47   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. An ownership thread and review will be up once I log a few hundred kms on the odo.

Isuzu showroom and service center is located near Silk Board.
Congratulations and wish you a long and happy ownership. What was the price if you don't mind me asking? Also any upgrades or mods planned?

Is that showroom near the Sireesh Auto Mahindra one while going from Silk Board towards Bommanahalli?
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 10:53   #29
BHPian

Im in the market for a pick-up truck and confused between the same cars as the topic of this thread.

There's a difference of about a lac between the D max and the Mahindras, I am not considering the Xenon. Even within the Isuzu camp, the S cab and Hi ride are basically the same cars with a 30mm difference in GC. The D max is almost perfect for my use, however the lack of pvt registration is a bummer. The sales rep told me that the company might soon do something about it, but I cant wait till that happens. Its not a deal breaker, since CV registeration saves me money, while restricting inter-state movement.

The truck would be used to carry random civil work materials/machines, as well as site engineers and supervisors on construction sites. I would be driving it myself often. I know the Imperio and Camper trucks have really shoddy interiors, still what would be better between the imperio and camper? Many people have suggested I go for the camper, Im interested to know if there's anything really wrong with the Imperio.

Also, if I consider the D max, would the extra 30mm GC on the hi ride really be any good? I mean its a 2WD pickup, its not like I'd take it on muddy OTR trails. And Ive not ridden in it yet but I feel the S cab would have slightly better ride quality than the Hi ride?(I've driven the hi ride)
Old 18th October 2018, 23:09   #30
B_T

Quote:
Congratulations. It looks awesome. I own the older model (space cab) and I absolutely love driving it.

Have been trying to get a canopy for this model with no luck. If any of you have some contacts, please do let me know.
B_T is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks