Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2020, 19:19   #31
BANNED

Re: Isuzu D-Max vs Tata Xenon vs Mahindra Bolero Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
(more on this later in the ownership thread)

Can you please link the ownership thread?
I'm deciding between the Xenon 2.2 (3.0 is sadly discontinued), and the S-cab.
Your review of the S-cab would help.
Old 5th June 2020, 19:59   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Can you please link the ownership thread?
Hi,

This is in pipeline, it would take a few more weeks.

In the meanwhile if you have specific queries please do ask.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 20:23   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
S-Cab won't be available for the next few months. Isuzu does not have any Euro-6 vehicles.

What's your usage and what are your prioorites and where will you use this vehicle primarily.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 23:32   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
S-Cab won't be available for the next few months. Isuzu does not have any Euro-6 vehicles.

What's your usage and what are your prioorites and where will you use this vehicle primarily.
My current car is a 2007 Hyundai Getz 1.3 petrol.

I work at the Army HQ in Delhi. Monday to Friday 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM.

My parents live in Amritsar. They have a 2012 Rapid 1.6 petrol.

My long time GF has a 2019 Swift Dzire petrol. We might tie the knot soon (if all goes well, which it rarely does).
So this car will exclusively be mine. It will see a lot of Delhi Amritsar highway drives. Even if I go every alternate weekend, that's 2000 km a month, plus daily running, so it's 2500 km a month, 30k a year, 300k in 10 years.
For when we have guests, I guess we'll take the dzire.

Do I need a pick up? No. What will I put in the bed? Air.
It's just that at this point I can afford to follow my heart. Plus being in the army, we see plenty of big vehicles, and there's always a certain prestige that the army affords to big black vehicles (I think its a throwback to when high ranking officials had a black ambassador). (once took my dad's skoda rapid, which is black, to the office, and got more attention than I've gotten my golden Getz).

The only other option that I'm considering is an Figo Aspire, again in black.

So this pickup will be a highway cruiser, and a daily commute runner, with one person in it, and nothing in the bed. If I have, like 1 suitcase, it will probably be in the back seat. Just like in America.
turbo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 08:44   #35
Team-BHP Support

So the S-cab can officially be registered only under yellow plates. Some RTO’s in Haryana, have been passing as private in past. What happens to Euro-6 vehicles, we will know after the launch.

We own couple of Isuzu pickups including S-High Cab and I have also owned the V Cross for a short duration. When we got the S- Cab last year, it sounded little rough but recently I had a chance to sit in the rear and it was absolutely quiet.

I have no hesitation in recommending you, Isuzu over Tata for your intended purposes. Though, I haven’t seen or driven the newer Tata product but somethings hardly change, or do they?

There maybe some low mileage Isuzu cabs in resale in case you need to buy now and don’t mind old.

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th June 2020 at 08:46.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 12:55   #36
KPR
BANNED

@nkrishnap So how's your S cab review progressing? What modification you've done on it? Quite eager to know about your car.
Old 19th August 2020, 13:37   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Got the Isuzu delivered yesterday.
How much did this work out to on road? Man, we need an ownership report like yesterday! With likea billion pictures
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 16:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

Interesting thread. I had the privilege to watch a spurt of Youtube videos comparing the Utility vehicles from various parts of the world. The Toyota Hilux being commonly appraised by most of them. Infact, features in some of these (international) pickup vehicles can put their Indian SUV equivalents to shame.

Apparently, it seems our desi pickup trucks Bolero Camper, Scorpio Getaway & Tata Xenon's are no less reliable than the likes of an Innova. Although, they are too barebones for the daily usage for an individual, I guess they would slowly catch-up with comfort, safety and a few bling features as well.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 19th August 2020 at 16:10.
Old 19th August 2020, 18:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

I picked up an S cab for around 9.65 lac otr noida in December last year. It’s incredible value for what it is. My use case - needed a vehicle that I could ferry my family around in relative comfort and also lod up my motorcycle and drive straight to the trail / rallies and cut out the boring droneways completely. Summary:

Positives:

- extremely vfm
- high in utility. Helps me pursue my motorcycling aspirations and is my daily driver
- basic comfort is there. You get an Ac and power windows, power steering + central locking
- opened up the speed limiter (80) for just 5k. Further remaps available for not too much money
- easy and economical to service. 5k or thereabouts every 10k kms
- despite crap power figures, extremely good drivability. Fifth gear pulls cleanly from as low as 40 kmph

Negatives:

- very bouncy ride over undulations. Same as the v cross
- no ABS or airbags
- handling... what’s that???
- absolutely barebones
- engine gets loud and coarse over 100 kph

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max vs Tata Xenon vs Mahindra Bolero Camper-df43d7ccedad4104b1117bc7cc5e3d6a.jpeg  

Urban_Nomad is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 19:43   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
I picked up an S cab for around 9.65 lac otr noida in December last year.
She is a real beauty! Many congratulations!
Almost every review I have come across, mentions the length. What's your experience been like? How difficult is it to manoeuvre or park in urban surroundings? Or did you get used to it after some time?
RedTerrano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 15:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
She is a real beauty! Many congratulations!
Almost every review I have come across, mentions the length. What's your experience been like? How difficult is it to manoeuvre or park in urban surroundings? Or did you get used to it after some time?
Thank you

Parking it is definitely something that takes time. Finding a spot is not the easiest. But driving it around in traffic is not really an issue and barring the bouncy ride and handling “characteristics”; it’s honestly very car like to drive
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 15:45   #42
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
I picked up an S cab for around 9.65 lac otr noida in December last year. It’s incredible value for what it is. My use case - needed a vehicle that I could ferry my family around in relative comfort and also lod up my motorcycle and drive straight to the trail / rallies and cut out the boring droneways completely.
That looks lovely and total VFM. Can you explain how is the power delivery of S cab vs V cross. How does it keep up in highway speeds/over taking, hill drives etc.,? Can we remap the S cab to higher power HP figures ? Please elaborate more on this.
Old 15th October 2020, 15:56   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I picked up an S cab for around 9.65 lac otr noida in December last year.
Inclusive of Pvt Registration?

Back in June 2019, when I was looking for a new car, I considered this, I got a quote of something in tune of 11+ inclusive of extra funds required to get this cleared with white plates.

Picked up an XUV5oo eventually, as my wife told me that the rear space of the pickup would be thoroughly utilized, as I would be sleeping in it.
Old 22nd October 2020, 15:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
That looks lovely and total VFM. Can you explain how is the power delivery of S cab vs V cross. How does it keep up in highway speeds/over taking, hill drives etc.,? Can we remap the S cab to higher power HP figures ? Please elaborate more on this.
Being restricted to 80 KMPH, I believe Isuzu tried gearing it too low. From speeds as low as 40 kmph, you pull absolutely cleanly in 5th gear. If you wanted, you can start from standstill in 3rd. Highways - Its OK. Cabin gets loud and a cruise speed of 100 - 110 max is what I would advise

Maps - Yes, they are available? I have only removed the speed limiter and not mapped it to a higher figure (100 - 110 BHP IIRC). There is a more aggressive map but the tuner mentioned that only if one plans to compete in events / races / rallies etc... should you go for it. Engine reliability takes a solid hit per him in this "rally" mod. I did not go for a higher power map simply because I don't feel the truck has the dynamics to manage higher speeds and I will be putting limb and property at needless risk

GOD I am so old and boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Inclusive of Pvt Registration?

Back in June 2019, when I was looking for a new car...
Yes, the price is all inclusive including Pvt reg.

This truck or even the much better equipped V Cross - I only recommend to those who will actually have some use for that luggage space. If not, there are cars that drive better, are move powerful, modern, safer than this. The ride quality is not great and that alone should dissuade anyone going for this truck for "Image" or "looks'
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 06:07   #45
BHPian

I have booked the latest scab but I want it to be delivered in Jan 2021. I wanted a decent vehicle to be used personally and commercially.S cab fitted perfectly.
Quote:
I picked up an S cab for around 9.65 lac otr noida in December last year. It’s incredible value for what it is. My use case - needed a vehicle that I could ferry my family around in relative comfort and also lod up my motorcycle and drive straight to the trail / rallies and cut out the boring droneways completely. Summary:

Positives:

- extremely vfm
- high in utility. Helps me pursue my motorcycling aspirations and is my daily driver
- basic comfort is there. You get an Ac and power windows, power steering + central locking
- opened up the speed limiter (80) for just 5k. Further remaps available for not too much money
- easy and economical to service. 5k or thereabouts every 10k kms
- despite crap power figures, extremely good drivability. Fifth gear pulls cleanly from as low as 40 kmph

Negatives:

- very bouncy ride over undulations. Same as the v cross
- no ABS or airbags
- handling... what’s that???
- absolutely barebones
- engine gets loud and coarse over 100 kph

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks