Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2022, 13:21   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max vs Tata Xenon vs Mahindra Bolero Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTransAM View Post
Just out of curiosity, why would the cops hassle anyone if they had a bike in the bed of their pickup truck? Honest question. Is it because it's something that stands out and they'd pull you over?
A pickup truck with white board in itself is not ordinary - that is the first red flag for cops, then all the decorations the owners would do to make it stand out from the normal pick up trucks - so all in all, its a cop magnet.

VCross has a payload of 180 Kgs I think, most motorcycles that are worthy of being carried around will exceed this easily.

A Rally bike of lesser weight would probably be okay but most touring bikes (why would a touring bike..?) will exceed the payload capacity. I think the RTO could have a problem as well as the insurance too if they want to.
Old 19th December 2022, 13:36   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max vs Tata Xenon vs Mahindra Bolero Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
VCross has a payload of 180 Kgs I think, most motorcycles that are worthy of being carried around will exceed this easily.
250 odd kg. But that is a technicality. If the loading capacity were to be greater than the passenger carrying capacity (I think), then the vehicle cannot be registered as a pvt vehicle and will only ply as commercial

So Isuzu has mentioned a lower loading capacity to circumvent this rule. I’ve personally seen at least 50 v crosses with 2 to 3 bikes loaded up, with gear, loading ramp etc. I am yet to witness a single failure

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks