Team-BHP - Vande Bharat Express (Train 18) - Made-In-India Engineless Train
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   Vande Bharat Express (Train 18) - Made-In-India Engineless Train (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/203097-vande-bharat-express-train-18-made-india-engineless-train-15.html)

Concept pictures of upcoming Vande Bharat sleeper trains. To be put into service early 2024.

First Leak of Upcoming "Vande Sadharan" Trains. "Vande Sadharan" soon to be unveiled for Common Public aiming better facilities for lower class travelers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RM Motorsports (Post 5642161)
First Leak of Upcoming "Vande Sadharan" Trains. "Vande Sadharan" soon to be unveiled for Common Public aiming better facilities for lower class travelers.

These would in all probability be a push-pull kind of service unlike Vande Bharat which has multiple traction units along the trainset.

Vande Bharat Express (Train 18) - Made-In-India Engineless Train-20231011_155536.jpg
The rear of the engine.

Link

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 5642207)
These would in all probability be a push-pull kind of service unlike Vande Bharat which has multiple traction units along the trainset.

Yes. They will have a locomotive at both ends of the train as in push-pull - probably like the one in the first image shared by RM Motorsports in the previous post.

These trains would comprise of 22 coaches as against the Vande Bharat which are of either 8 or 16 coaches.

Uff..why are they going back to this design, why not the same design as VB without the glass windows? I was thinking we are slowly moving away from inefficient designs. Actually, I am already disappointed with VB design, they could have done much better aerodynamic design.

Quote:

The loco shown here looks very similar to the modified WAP5 they created for the Tejas few years ago. I have a feeling they are making use of these old E-Locos for this purpose.
But, like another member pointed out, they could have may as well continued with a non-AC VB rake.

Vande Bharat Express (Train 18) - Made-In-India Engineless Train-121640167_191297389125382_1696953483065782352_n.jpg

Pic from taken from Rudra With Indian Railway FB page.

Do they have to make it look cheap too ? Same as VB trains without AC and other amenities would have been good. With all the claims of VB themselves being low cost maintenance and all why go backwards ? Its time we upgraded the quality of living for all classes of people.

Quote:

Looks like they are inspired by the modifications and has taken inspiration from modifying a Maruti 800 to look like Rolls Royce.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 5642271)
I have a feeling they are making use of these old E-Locos for this purpose.

If you look at the snaps and link shared earlier, you'll see that the locos are new, being manufactured at the same location as the coaches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 5642328)
If you look at the snaps and link shared earlier, you'll see that the locos are new, being manufactured at the same location as the coaches.

I did notice that, but it looks like only the ends of the body shell or a full shell and may not be actual Loco which I doubt will be manufactured at ICF. The actual Loco may be a refurbished P5/7.
Just my observations from the pics and I maybe wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PreludeSH (Post 5642281)
Do they have to make it look cheap too ? Same as VB trains without AC and other amenities would have been good. With all the claims of VB themselves being low cost maintenance and all why go backwards ? Its time we upgraded the quality of living for all classes of people.

Traditional windows are a must when there is no AC provided. I think they are sticking to the moniker of sadharan and making it so. Personally, I think the color scheme outside and the lighting layout would make the biggest difference is making it different from the other passenger trains. Built to a purpose makes sense here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 5642271)
The loco shown here looks very similar to the modified WAP5 they created for the Tejas few years ago. I have a feeling they are making use of these old E-Locos for this purpose.

No. They aren't using old locomotives for this. In fact, IR has a severe shortage of passenger locomotives. These are newly built locomotives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 5642328)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 5642353)
I did notice that, but it looks like only the ends of the body shell or a full shell and may not be actual Loco which I doubt will be manufactured at ICF. The actual Loco may be a refurbished P5/7.
Just my observations from the pics and I maybe wrong.

The locomotive is a brand new WAP5 pair. The locomotives are being built at Chittaranjan Loco Works in West Bengal. The coaches are being built by ICF, Chennai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by binaiks (Post 5644589)

The locomotive is a brand new WAP5 pair. The locomotives are being built at Chittaranjan Loco Works in West Bengal. The coaches are being built by ICF, Chennai.

Yes, I am aware. Just that I wasn't sure if P5's are still made since it is more of P7's being produced.

Are they going to attach one loco at each end to avoid loco switching?

I read sometime ago they are henceforth going to produce only WAP7 locos and phase out all the others? Why not use them for Vandhe sadharan too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 5644608)
Yes, I am aware. Just that I wasn't sure if P5's are still made since it is more of P7's being produced.

All locomotives are manufactured based on orders from the Railway board. The focus of the railways has been on WAG9s over the last one year - and very few WAP7s were built. This was primarily due to a policy decision to shift to trainsets, which now seems to have been diluted.

Now, the RB placed orders for 2 WAP5s and CLW is building them. They'll build more WAP5s if the RB places orders for them

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 5644615)
Are they going to attach one loco at each end to avoid loco switching?

I read sometime ago they are henceforth going to produce only WAP7 locos and phase out all the others? Why not use them for Vandhe sadharan too?

A push-pull means locos or power-cars at either ends. This train would also have locos at either ends.

I would be interested to know where did you read that only WAP7 locos would be produced - please do share links if you have.

WAP5 is lighter and has much lower axle loads - hence suited for higher speeds since the damage to the rails would be lower. WAP7 is a heavier locomotive that is ideally suited for heavier loads.