Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2023, 14:10   #91
BHPian

Re: Domestic Air Travel & Airlines | Reviews, Anecdotes, Advice, Cautions

Dont know where else to post this news.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...6.cms?from=mdr

Airport authority has procured two B-360 type aircraft fitted with flight inspection system to augment safety of ground navigation and landing aids. The planes looks fabulous . Any further insight on why this aircraft was selected, instead of the more common ATR aircraft?
SuperGirl_Dad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 20:29   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

IndiGo continues to lead with 63.4% market share followed by Vistara at 10%

Air India's market share at 9.8%, Air Asia 6.7%. Air India group's combined market share at 26.2%

SpiceJet's market share 4.4%, Akasa's 4.2%

Domestic Air Travel & Airlines | Reviews, Anecdotes, Advice, Cautions-f8piq8aawaak2zf.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 14:39   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Indigo holds up mother and baby for an hour at midnight to locate the baby’s stroller

https://www.msn.com/en-in/money/tops...7b149c96&ei=46

https://www.msn.com/en-in/lifestyle/...e29ce875&ei=54

Excerpts...
Quote:
"Very poor landing experience @IndiGo6E with a child. The purpose of giving strollers at a flight gate on departure is so it is returned at the gate on arrival because you need strollers to carry a baby immediately," wrote Gupta on X.

She further added, "Handed over a stroller and car seat at the Dubai gate to be told we would get in at the gate in Mumbai. Forget the gate, we waited for an hour at midnight before they were located. Airport staff and @IndiGo6E were very uncooperative, especially the latter. They neither knew where the stuff would come from - belt, oversized area, or somewhere else - nor wanted to help."

At the end of the tweet, she also asked the airlines to take the feedback seriously.

Gupta also shared a picture of the area where she had to wait for the stroller to be found.
In recent years since the pandemic I have observed a noticeable deterioration in the service standards of Indigo – be it at time of check-in or boarding or if the flight is delayed inordinately. A few months ago I was on a flight from Raipur to Delhi and the Captain was missing – not sure why & how. We waited in the aircraft for about 90 minutes for a replacement Captain to be located and rushed to the airport!!!In January 2023 boarding Indigo at Hyderabad the chap at the outer gate was merrily yelling at passengers needlessly. I decided to take him on and lodged a complaint against him. Asked him if yelling needlessly at passengers was a core part of his SOP? I called one of the CXO level folks at Indigo right there and then but the employee concerned was unfazed. Not a good sign.

Indian aviation needs competition. This slackness in Indigo is a function of their monopoly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGirl_Dad View Post

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...6.cms?from=mdr

Airport authority has procured two B-360 type aircraft fitted with flight inspection system to augment safety of ground navigation and landing aids. The planes looks fabulous . Any further insight on why this aircraft was selected, instead of the more common ATR aircraft?
Much lower fuel consumption and better ability at flying low and slow as needed for this work. The Beechcraft Kingair 360 is a masterpiece in handling and responsiveness to controls. The King Air family is the world's most ubiquitous twin-engine turboprop. Also, the modification work on a Beechcraft is easier to implement as such modifications (called STC's) have been done before for other countries and the modifications are flight & safety approved. Further high end MRO vendors who will undertake mods on a Beechcraft are dime a dozen; not so with the ATR. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th October 2023 at 15:15. Reason: Merging 2 consecutive posts as requested :)
V.Narayan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 11:48   #94
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Another Indigo news - I can understand it makes poor operational and economic sense but why this lying and tricking after boarding the flight. Why can't they give option at the gate with a sweet deal of compensation to stay the night.

https://m.economictimes.com/news/ind.../105373316.cms
thanixravindran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 13:30   #95
BHPian

Hi Team,

Sharing some experience with Indigo . We travelled BOM-GOI sector TO and FRO in the last 4 days. Both the flights were delayed with the return GOI-BOM flight delayed by 35 minutes. The ground staff at GOI very smartly started the boarding process at the gate and then made the whole crowd wait on the bridge / path for a good 10 minutes. The flight was already delayed and maybe this helped them ensure no further delays. Other thing I observed on both the journeys is that Indigo has now started alighting passengers from both front and rear gates, this does quicken the alighting process and saves time. The best part about Indigo is their clean cabins.

Also, not sure about this, but Indigo has again started using Terminal 1 at BOM, I was under the impression that they moved to T2 full time.

All in all I would rate the Indigo flight as 4 out of 5 as I think they have lost a bit on on time departures / arrivals and their staff (cabin crew) attitude is very mechanical with almost NIL interaction with passengers.

P.S : Had a good time at Dabolim watching the Mig 29s going through their drills , Also sighted the Naval LCA doing a test flight (i suppose the naval LCA program is still alive). A few Dorniers and a IL 76 also made their presence felt at the base.

I have 5 more Indigo fights scheduled in December along with 1 in Alliance air. Happy Landings.

Regards
Diesel

Last edited by Dieseltuned : 21st November 2023 at 13:39.
Old 21st November 2023, 19:46   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
In recent years since the pandemic I have observed a noticeable deterioration in the service standards of Indigo
A fresh incident from this past weekend!

Quote:
On Sunday night, IndiGo's ground staff at Bengaluru airport reportedly convinced eight passengers to leave a Chennai-bound aircraft by promising to put them on another flight. However, as the passengers got off, they realised they had been tricked as IndiGo allegedly refused to fly with only eight people onboard.
https://www.businesstoday.in/latest/...531-2023-11-21
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 15:54   #97
BHPian

Sorely miss the days of Jet Airways. Used to fly Jet exclusively in those days, domestic & international as well. The amount of miles accrued was humongous. Felt extremely sad when things took a downturn.
Old 23rd November 2023, 08:02   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Another Indigo news - I can understand it makes poor operational and economic sense but why this lying and tricking after boarding the flight. Why can't they give option at the gate with a sweet deal of compensation to stay the night.
https://m.economictimes.com/news/ind.../105373316.cms
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Looks like Indigo is trying to position this as a missed flight matter. I am also wondering why the passengers once seated inside an aircraft should be asked to de-board -it can't be a weight issue like it used to be in the days of yore with our Avro HS 748s!!! It is unclear what the facts are as the stories from either end are completely different. Indigo claiming the passengers missed the connecting flight while the pax themselves claiming they are de-boarded from the Bangalore-Chennai flight.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/travel/new...a7ecd2f&ei=123
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 08:31   #99
Senior - BHPian

Got this on Whatsapp yesterday. Must be from a disgruntled soul!

Quote:
CEO of IndiGo Airlines, the so called cheap airline in India, after arriving at a hotel in Mumbai, went to the bar and asked for a pint of Guinness.

The barman nodded and said, "That will be ₹50 please."
Somewhat taken aback, the CEO (Rahul B) replied, "That's very cheap," and handed over his money.

"Well, we do try to stay ahead of the competition", said the barman. "And we are serving free pints every Wednesday from 6pm until 8pm. We have the cheapest beer in Mumbai."

"That is remarkable value!" Rahul comments.

"I see you don't seem to have a glass, so you'll probably need one of ours. That will be ₹150 please."

Rahul scowled but paid up.

He took his drink and walked towards a seat. "Ah, you want to sit down?" said the barman. "That'll be an extra ₹150. You could have pre-booked the seat and it would have only cost you ₹100."

"I think you may be too big for the seat sir, can I ask you to sit in this frame please."

Rahul attempts to sit down, but the frame is too small and when he can't squeeze in he complains, "Nobody would fit in that little frame".

"I'm afraid if you can't fit in the frame, you'll have to pay an extra surcharge of ₹250 for your seat, Sir."

Rahul swore to himself, but paid up.

"I see that you have brought your laptop with you," added the barman. "And since that wasn't pre-booked either, that will be another ₹300."

Rahul was so incensed that he walked back to the bar, slammed his drink on the counter and yelled, "This is ridiculous, I want to speak to the manager!"

"I see you want to use the counter.." says the Barman, "that will be ₹200 please."

Rahul's face was red with rage. "Do you know who I am?"

"Of course I do, sir!"

"I've had enough! What sort of hotel is this? I come in for a quiet drink and you treat me like this? I insist on speaking to a Manager!"

"Here is his E-mail address, or if you wish, you can contact him between 9.00am and 9.01am every morning, Monday to Tuesday at this toll free phone number. Calls are free, until they are answered, then there is a talking charge of only ₹10 per second, or part thereof."

"I will never use this bar again!!" hollers the CEO.

"OK Sir, but remember, we are the only star hotel in Mumbai selling pints for ₹50."

And that my friends, is how IndiGo works in India!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th November 2023 at 09:56. Reason: Adding quote box
Gansan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 09:06   #100
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Looks like Indigo is trying to position this as a missed flight matter. I am also wondering why the passengers once seated inside an aircraft should be asked to de-board -it can't be a weight issue like it used to be in the days of yore with our Avro HS 748s!!! It is unclear what the facts are as the stories from either end are completely different. Indigo claiming the passengers missed the connecting flight while the pax themselves claiming they are de-boarded from the Bangalore-Chennai flight.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/travel/new...a7ecd2f&ei=123
It seems the same aircraft is used regularly in three legs Srinagar - Amritsar - Bangalore - Chennai. I guess on Sunday, the first two legs were delayed. So Indigo operated another aircraft from Bangalore to Chennai to be on time. I believe those 8 passengers were from Amritsar bookrd directly to Chennai and may be sitting in the aircraft but asked to be deboarded as Indigo operated another aircraft already. This is my inference from flight radar data. See screen shot for 19th Nov and compare with regular operation on 20th Nov.

Bangalore - Chennai is busy route and goes fully booked most of time. It is unfortunate for those passengers. More misery for us due to poor reporting by media with sensational headlines.
Attached Thumbnails
Domestic Air Travel & Airlines | Reviews, Anecdotes, Advice, Cautions-screenshot_20231123_085630_duckduckgo.jpg  

thanixravindran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 12:01   #101
NSN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post

Rahul was so incensed that he walked back to the bar, slammed his drink on the counter and yelled, "This is ridiculous, I want to speak to the manager!"

And that my friends, is how IndiGo works in India!!
Well narrated, I am waiting for the day when Indigo will charge a fee for using the boarding ladder. Day is not far.
NSN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2023, 12:26   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like Indigo is trying to position this as a missed flight matter.
6E being a little "economical with the truth" here and passing it off as a connecting flight. It is definitely not as I have travelled SXR-BLR on 6E478 just last month, and MAA pax were most certainly asked to stay onboard while we BLR passengers deboarded.

As the following post puts it, the incoming flight from SXR was late and Indigo simply used a different aircraft to operate the BLR-MAA leg. Of course, it left the 8 unfortunate pax stranded in BLR with no alternative transport option.

Interestingly enough from a quick scan of FR24 recent past, the same event, i.e. delayed SXR incoming happened on 26/10, 25/9 & 16/9 but 6E operated the same aircraft, i.e. they postponed the BLR-MAA flight for all pax waiting at BLR too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
More misery for us due to poor reporting by media with sensational headlines.
The situation should have been handled much better and with more tact. If indeed they all got calls from 6E ground staff that the latter were holding their connecting flight boarding cards and the former should deboard immediately, then it was blatant lying & misrepresentation, reminiscent of a bygone age, and definitely unworthy of 6E.

On an aside, how come there are no flights to MAA after 2005? I would have thought there would be at least till 2300. Is it the high speed train effect?
EDIT: Only on Sunday looks like.

Last edited by itwasntme : 23rd November 2023 at 12:50.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 07:22   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.msn.com/en-in/travel/new...4a9fa39b&ei=23

It seems the DGCA is going to look into amending its web of rules to make it difficult if not impossible for an airline to do what Indigo did with the 8 pax on the Bangalore-Chennai sector. For those new to the thread the original story is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
V.Narayan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 07:59   #104
Senior - BHPian

This obsession of using single airplane type is causing these issues. Airlines need to balance out fleets better. If they had a regional airplane type like an ATR 42, they might have flown the route without much of a loss.
fhdowntheline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 16:06   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

A lady passenger on an Indigo flight found the seat cushion missing on the window seat 10 A. The passenger, Sagarika Patnaik– a Nagpur resident — was travelling for work on IndiGo flight 6E6798 (Pune-Nagpur) in the early hours of Sunday. Sagarika’s husband, Subrat Patnaik told the media that his wife was allotted a window seat, number 10A. As there was no cushion (photo on Twitter X link below), the lady had to wait at the aisle creating a barrier for passenger's movements. The crew clarified that the cushion was dirty and was taken away for a cleaning job to ensure the maintenance of hygiene standards of the aircraft. While the airline replied to Subrat on the microblogging site X and said, “… At times, the seat cushion gets adrift from its Velcro. The same can be repositioned with the help of our crew. Further, your feedback will be shared with the concerned team for review. Hope to serve you better in the future."

https://twitter.com/Subu_0212/status...ak9bCtRLA&s=19
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks